The Rumour Thread

Oylander is pretty damn good. If night haunt have a way to lower bravery she will literally be a ticking time bomb. Get her within 10" of a bunch of units and let out the wail! Even with a -1 to bravery most units (bar death, daemons and daughters of khaine) will be getting the d3 mortals and then having people flee to the hills.

Come to think of it, a mourngul gives -1 bravery? And also the spirit torment is becoming a key part of the night haunt. He can heal her or any other character up as his ability isn't locked by the summonable keyword! Furthermore she gets to benefit from the -1 to hit when she's by a unit!!!

She's a steal at 240pts..... I'm looking at other things I own that are that price range and above and she knocks them over like toys! And she can fight too! With 2 casts and unbinds!!!

Don't know why the craven king is upset about her being his wife ;) the lady kicks ass and takes names!

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters

1 minute ago, kuroyume said:

Those heroes are pretty crazy for their cost. The Mortarch especially I would've expected to be at least 300 points with that warscroll.

On the other hand she just has a 4+ save which cannot be modified in any way and "only" 7 wounds. If you compare this to some of the stormcast heroes with similar stats, a wound characteristic of 7 and a 3+ save (which also cost less) it doesn't seem that out of the way.

But the abilities are really good.

Just now, Infeston said:

On the other hand she just has a 4+ save which cannot be modified in any way and "only" 7 wounds. If you compare this to some of the stormcast heroes with similar stats, a wound characteristic of 7 and a 3+ save (which also cost less) it doesn't seem that out of the way.

I mean, compare her to Vandus Hammerhand, who is 280 points and tell me she is not severely undercosted.

• Like 2

Olynder is a maniac for 240p! Reikenor can also be pretty darn nasty for his points cost. The craven king denying your CPs is going to be insane as well. I'm really surprised at how good they are... Although their wounds stat probably reflects that point cost as well. They are pretty fragile for their points cost. Look out sir will work for all of them though. 

However, the fact that Olynder is a mortarch without the DEATHLORD keyword, annoys me more than it should....

6 minutes ago, Infeston said:

While the stormcast May have a 3+ save, it can be affected by rend and so far only the lord arcanum can heal other stormcast?

So I think she's amazing at her cost, and we don't even know the new nighthaunt allegiance abilities yet!

Also suffocating gravetide gives a -1 bravery, as does the jaws ;)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

When did this become the announcement thread?

Somebody had a long nap. 

I'm excited. Was wondering how long will it take before we see any video game adaptation. Glad it's soon. 

Edited by Aryann
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, kuroyume said:

I mean, compare her to Vandus Hammerhand, who is 280 points and tell me she is not severely undercosted.

Just because she's better than Vandus Hammerhand (who is horribly overcosted) doesn't mean she's undercosted. She does a lot of cool stuff, yes, but she is also 40 points per wound with unremarkable defense. 40 points per wound is awful

I don't think lady ollynder is undercosted. Her abilities have relatively short range and she herself has only 7 wounds which is nothing to write home about. She's good, no question about that, but she's very easy to shut down too. She might even die before she gets any healing done. Obviously final verdict can only be given once full allegiance abilities are revealed.

• Like 1

Lady Ollynder has some excellent offensive potential but like others have mentioned she is pretty weak defence-wise. With 7 wounds and a 4+ (with no mortal wound defence) I can see her blowing up before she gets too much done.

All in all her offensive potential and abilities are exciting! I'm a fan!

Edited by KevenM
  • Like 1

Between Look Out Sir!, a 4+ unrendable save, healing potential, and a 6+ death save (presumably) I don't think she's that easy to take down?

We have no idea what the Nighthaunt battletome will contain. There could be some kind of bodyguard unit in there, or some powerful defensive spells.

You can also boost her survivability further with Mystic Shield and keep a Lens of Refractaction nearby to avoid being sniped by spells.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

Just because she's better than Vandus Hammerhand (who is horribly overcosted) doesn't mean she's undercosted. She does a lot of cool stuff, yes, but she is also 40 points per wound with unremarkable defense. 40 points per wound is awful

She also makes the Celestant Prime at 360 even more of a joke.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, DanielFM said:

She also makes the Celestant Prime at 360 even more of a joke.

Damn. You are right. I mean, to be honest, are point values even balanced at this point or will they ever be? I remember a post from a guy on reddit at the time the people very often asked for points values  before the first GHB was introduced. And the guy said that points will only give the illusion of balance and fairness when they come out. And that the only way to balance a game fairly in Age of Sigmar will be by talking with your opponent and articulating what you and your enemy "feel" fair and balanced and then agree on that.

Everytime GW releases new point values, I think about moving back to the old rule, where you had to balance things out by having equal wounds. I know this might seem "unfair" in some way. But sometimes I also ask myself if the current matched play point values are that fair either. Because the examples shown above clearly show that "points" are not necessarily always fair and balanced.

I myself recognise how much the introduction of point values has changed my attitude and behaviour compared to my behaviour before the GHB. Before the GHB I always asked my opponent what he thinks is fair or which battleplan we should pick. I talked a lot more with my opponent and wanted the match to be fun and fair for both of us. So my main goal for the game was to make the match relatively even. But after the introduction of matched play I didn't take things like this into account anymore, because I had the illusion that the points values will fix the balancing aspect.

I think we should change our mentality on the game a little bit back to the time before the first GHB were you had to talk with your opponent about what you both find fair and balanced. I can understand that it is necessary for competitive play that you often need some kind of measurement, but on the other hand I have the feeling many people (or some) shouldn't depend on points so much and talk more with their opponent. 

In my opinion most point values give a sense of false fairness and objectivity. But there are often things which point values can't take into account. So I might go back playing without points or something like that.

Edited by Infeston
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I think given the endless combinations and factors to bare in mind the game is pretty balanced and we're seeing adjustments regularly. 

For casual games i agree if it seems broke maybe dont take that when playing buddies is the simple solution. 

Aos is now a massive tool box, looking at the realm artefacts and everything else going makes me think you can make almost any piece viable.  

• Like 1

It's not like you're going against anything if you do go pointless. That's why GW so heavily supports narrative and open play afterall with even the white dwarf battles encouraging friendly force discussions rather than point lists. They know even with tournament and community feedback they're never gonna be perfect with such a vastly variable game and that they want every player to have something to enjoy in it, be it with points, a friendly brawl or just beginners who only have a handful of models they loved the look of and wanted to play right away.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sorokyl said:

When did this become the announcement thread?

Does anyone have any rumors?

My man, rumour mongers have free goodies to keep shut.

At least the reliable ones. They have been bought lol

• Haha 1