The Rumour Thread

Since we are getting a new Mortarch (it's a her, possibly a returning character like Khalida or someone entirely new?) I'd expect the new start collecting to come with 5 those Skaven (or whatever they are) spectres, about 10 of the new battleline looking dudes and the Mortarch. Optionally, the mounted Knight of Shrouds may be replacing the Mortarch in the box. What are your thoughts?

Edited by smucreo

3 minutes ago, smucreo said:

Since we are getting a new Mortarch (it's a her, possibly a returning character like Khalida or someone entirely new?) I'd expect the new start collecting to come with those Skaven (or whatever they are) spectres, about 10 of the new battleline looking dudes and the Mortarch. Optionally, the mounted Knight of Shrouds may be replacing the Mortarch in the box. What are your thoughts?

That we have a solid year before what's in the new death SC! matters?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Burf said:

That we have a solid year before what's in the new death SC! matters?

A solid year to wait for a start collecting for Nighthaunt, an army that's coming in a month with revamped units, a new battletome and a new edition, all at once? 

Edited by smucreo

16 minutes ago, smucreo said:

A solid year to wait for a start collecting for Nighthaunt, an army that's coming in a month with revamped units, a new battletome and a new edition, all at once? 

That's been about the wait for new expansion armies. The Kharadron Overlords, Fyreslayers, and Stormcast Vanguard.

15 minutes ago, smucreo said:

They don't do start collecting sets on new model releases. It'll probably be in just under a year. Most of these nighthaunts will be in the new starter set next month though so still a bargain if you can split it with a friend or sell the stormcast.

53 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but I think rumour engine no. 20 belongs to the tail of this guy (but from the other side): 

Good eye, thats another off the list. Its been a good weekend for rumour engine images, 9 identified so far :)

Don't think I've seen this mentioned yet.

It's probably a safe bet that these are the new Shadespire warbands (Note the more decorative bases).

Shadespire.jpg

shadespire.jpg

Edited by Moonstone

16 minutes ago, Moonstone said:

Good eye, thats another off the list. Its been a good weekend for rumour engine images, 9 identified so far :)

Don't think I've seen this mentioned yet.

It's probably a safe bet that these are the new Shadespire warbands (Note the more decorative bases).

Shadespire.jpg

shadespire.jpg

I think the banshees warband lacks a model, because they are more or less the same, none is really standing it as the leader of the warband like the others.

Anyway, I love the models

2 hours ago, smucreo said:

Yeah. Like every other army in the game.

5 hours ago, chord said:

As someone who started playing wargames with the original AoS and never enjoyed games with allegiance abilities etc all this news is very disheartening.

I'm sorry you're unhappy but I can't understand that at all. Original AoS was more of a template for building a wargame than a wargame and allegiance abilities are pretty much the primary thing that makes armies cool.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Part of me hopes the Maiden of Grief is Isabella, but then another part of me wants her and Vlad's story to have had a definitive ending with the End Times.

All of me wanted their story to have a definitive ending at the end of first War of the Vampire Counts. Where it did.

Their inclusion the End Times was completely unnecessary  as they were about as definitively "dead" as undead characters can get without any loose ends left to tie up. Vlad's bizarro nice guy characterisation didn't help.

?