The Rumour Thread

23 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

What would be the worst case scenario for Seraphon? New Slann and new Hero on a birdlike raptor?

And what is the next event after LVO? 

They will have at least three new minis : slann, hero on dino and saurus (hero or unit revamped). It will be like Sylvaneth in the worst case.

For the next event, it will be the Adepticon at the end of march I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

13 minutes ago, Draznak said:

They will have at least three new minis : slann, hero on dino and saurus (hero or unit revamped). It will be like Sylvaneth in the worst case.

For the next event, it will be the Adepticon at the end of march I guess.

I'm saying at least 4 minis. We have this rumour engine that isn't in any of the silhouettes20230123_212428.jpg.ab9feb859ddb9c0d10513d05ae937966.jpg

We've also just had the Chameleons so it's all but guaranteed to be bigger than the Sylvaneth release over all. There's way too much doom and gloom floating around at the minute. We've just had an awesome release and a very good book for Slaves to Darkness. The new GHB is much better than the old one. Gloomspite are getting two new units to go with the awesome Underworlds warband that also happens to be quite good in AoS.  They are even getting a new novel. Seraphon are getting several kits. None other than Whitefang has suggested that FEC are getting a wave of minis and there's the guaranteed big release of Cities of Sigmar. We also have the rumours of a new spider incarnate which at the very least could make great conversion fodder for Gloomspite armies. 

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

suCLH0cTXU2tWCMt.jpg

So the low expectation prediction seems to be:
Aos - Seraphon models they showed the silhouette at the start of the year (Slaan, saurus and mounted skink)

Warcry - Bloodhunt box

Underwolrds - the mysterious warband (dark elves maybe?)

• Like 2

Sorry for the off-topic question:

I am trying to get a boarding actions league rolling with my pupils (there's 0 interest in AoS for some reason?)
So I was wondering if there are fandmade Datasheets/Warscrolls out there (like an Intercessor Stat for example) since putting together all the information a new player would need to just get going is really tedious.
All I could find were outdated of fanmade datasheets :/

Cheers

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

So the low expectation prediction seems to be:
Aos - Seraphon models they showed the silhouette at the start of the year (Slaan, saurus and mounted skink)

Warcry - Bloodhunt box

Underwolrds - the mysterious warband (dark elves maybe?)

Sounds about right.

Might be the new stuff is in a Versus box ALA Sylvaneth vs Skaven, which will be soft confirmation of another Battletome (probably Khorne or Slaanesh).

12 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

suCLH0cTXU2tWCMt.jpg

Good to see all three of Warcry, Underworlds and AoS proper will be covered.

Warcry must be the Bloodhunt box, which probably contains the Khorne and... Slaanesh? models that were already teased.

Underworlds will be that interesting warband which some people are speculating might be dark elves/Malerion related.

The question is, what will we see for AoS? The safe assumption is probably that we will only see Seraphon stuff, because that was already teased. Other possibilities are the Khorne/Slaanesh tomes (seems early, though) and the next Season of War with that spider incarnate. Personally, I'd love it if we saw something more concrete of the new Freeguild models, but after the road map it seems like that will happen in summer at the earliest.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, EonChao said:

I thought we were fairly settled on the idea that Bloodhunt will be Khorne vs Soulblight warbands? Looking forward to the reveals either way though.

There’s been a bit of a rogue ‘it’s Khorne vs Slaanesh’ splinter faction since the silhouette reveals and stuff but they haven’t swayed me ;)

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Love the weapon options that are available here. Might they actually be 2 units, Shooty or Stabby?  Or just like Spider Riders, best of both worlds? I guess we found out soon when the Youtubers start leaking info.

Edit: The image seems like it is both imho.

Edited by Gitzdee

1 minute ago, Gitzdee said:

Love the weapon options that are available here. Might they actually be 2 units, Shooty or Stabby?  Or just like Spider Riders, best of both worlds? I guess we found out soon when the Youtubers start leaking info.

Best of both worlds but with 10 different grot models and 5 wolves

• Like 1

Would be fantastic if we got a warcry band in the gitmob aesthetic like some nasty skulkers to go along with these fantastic sculpts Cant wait to get some myself. Im even looking into armoring up some rockgut to match. 

This is just a little mock up of my idea. We'll see if i go through with it. 

Screenshot_20230123-094022_Gallery.jpg.9b9eb43a119c7e10b3c674f354ec1bad.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Best of both worlds but with 10 different grot models and 5 wolves

I wonder if they are going to be more "elite" than the old Wolfriders? Spears, Shields and Bows and venomous bites on their mounts feels like it could step on Spider Rider toes (well, their tarsus). They look big though, maybe 3 wounds instead of 2?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

I wonder if they are going to be more "elite" than the old Wolfriders? Spears, Shields and Bows and venomous bites on their mounts feels like it could step on Spider Rider toes (well, their tarsus). They look big though, maybe 3 wounds instead of 2?

Was thinking about kinda the same thing. I would like it if they became a step above bounders in the 150-200 range for a unit of 5. We have some room for a more elite killy unit thats not battleline anyway imho. This would go nicely with a Troggoth shield.

Honestly I really wish Warcry would stop including Chaos stuff. Or at the very least I hope the new warbands are for the Chaos Demon armies rather than for Slaves to Darkness - because darn it that army is almost all going to be Warcry Warbands in model range. Which are fantastic models, but also quite similar in stats and style in what role they fill kinda. 

Great models, but spread the love out GW! Spread it out! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

8 minutes ago, Overread said:

Honestly I really wish Warcry would stop including Chaos stuff. Or at the very least I hope the new warbands are for the Chaos Demon armies rather than for Slaves to Darkness - because darn it that army is almost all going to be Warcry Warbands in model range. Which are fantastic models, but also quite similar in stats and style in what role they fill kinda. 

This! (Dont have any more likes for today) I am also really starting to get into Warcry more and more as its way easier to invite friends over for a game, even on workdays. Correct me if im wrong but i think Seraphon is the first Warband to be included in a boxed Warcry set? And next up could be Soulblight so it might be heading in a good direction.

Edit: If i remember correctly other non-chaos warbands used to be just reboxed older models too.

Edited by Gitzdee

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

Good News @Overread! Barring Be’lakor and Hashut’s boys and girls, every other chaos warband has been shifted into their God’s specific armies! The love is starting to spread!!!

I'm cursed to get tons of releases but not really.

I loved wood elves so then AELF releases dominate for years! But y'know... not for me.

I love beasts of chaos  and skaven so good news Warcry focuses almost all of their amazing unique sculpts into exploring the followers of chaos... but not for me.

It's kind of funny because back when everyone was tired of aelves I agreed no more aelf releases please but at the same time I personally never got an aelf release. So wit warcry it's like "please stop doing chaos and use this awesome design space for some other armies!" And like... yes please do but at the same time not a single chaos release for me personally.

So I want what's good for the hobby (more variety of factions) but colored by my disappointment that there already isn't enough variety for the factions they DID focus on.

Anyway, does anyone know if anyone is going to bother leaking beasts of chaos stuff or am I stuck waiting for the tome because my army isnt even popular enough for leaks.

• Like 1