The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

I mean to be completely fair Gitz already have a really solid and fairly recent model range. Out of all the armies in AOS currently they would've been one of the last ones I thought "needed" a big second wave of models.

I think that it the shame they don't need a big release, they simply need a minor refresh to replace a few resin kits and maybe add one or two models as icing on the cake. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jefferson Skarsnik said:

Is there particular stuff that the Gitz are really missing as an army, other than things that just generally expand or fit better visually with the (admittedly a bit out on a limb) wolf rider aesthetic? It seemed like the early 2019 GG release was substantial and had a lot of great looking stuff in it, and what they mainly needed was to make them actually fun to use in games

I've been checked out of AOS 3.0 almost entirely beyond chewing through painting a Lumineth army at a glacial pace, but that Gitz vanguard box briefly tugged at the Impulsive Pile of Shame Purchase bit of even my brain

I know it's kinda awful in AoS, but back in WFB days goblins used to man the artillery. Spear chukkas and rock lobbas might be a bit mundane for AoS but Doom Diver Catapults would fit right in. Could have tweaked it to launch squigs if they needed to make it more gloomspite-y. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

I mean to be completely fair Gitz already have a really solid and fairly recent model range. Out of all the armies in AOS currently they would've been one of the last ones I thought "needed" a big second wave of models.

This is true, but i just dont understand why they would release a unit for a "new" subfaction without anything that goes along with it.

And the armies that really needed an update got the hero + tome treatment.

To me it feels like the Snarlfang Riders belonged to Kruleboyz at some point in time and got shoved into the Gitz tome. Just like some other kits that feel like it should have been a cursed city expansion.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

This is true, but i just dont understand why they would release a unit for a "new" subfaction without anything that goes along with it.

And the armies that really needed an update got the hero + tome treatment.

To me it feels like the Snarlfang Riders belonged to Kruleboyz at some point in time and got shoved into the Gitz tome. Just like some other kits that feel like it should have been a cursed city expansion.

I do definitely agree with this. Even the colour scheme of the wolf riders makes them more reminiscent of the EM Kruleboyz.

1 hour ago, Bosskelot said:

Totally true. I guess my annoyance is why introduce a new aesthetic into the recent model range that hearken back to a previously squatted range. Makes it very hard from a perspective rules/force org. to justify buying a unit of them

• Like 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Raviv said:

Got to admit, I bought into these rumours. I'm happy we're getting the new wolf riders as their WHU warband is my favourite, just that I was hoping for a hero to lead them. 

I'll still be looking to get a couple of boxes for a nice unit of them. 

Im only really annoyed because Era of the Beast was Destructions time in the spotlight.

This means, if we have a repeat of what has already been released Editions wise; Chaos, Death and then Desteuction, ittll be 7 more years till they take spotlight again. 7 years. 

Im hoping that the next 'Broken Realms' series dives deep into Destruction stamping a claim on the Mortal Realms and making some big moves.

I hoped that BOC were the 'twist' and recieving huge love. 

I truly hope Seraphon recieve at LEAST the Sylvaneth treatment as not only do they deserve it as most of their kits are 20 years old but they are an iconic Faction for GW.

If we dont get that and instead recieve Malerions Aelves next Edition and Lumineth Wave 3 Ill have to take a step back from the hobby.*

FINGERS CROSSED THAT DOESNT HAPPEN BRING ON THE JURASSIC AGE!!

*No offense to Aelf lovers I want you guys to get your Factions and minis but we cant just have Aelves be the big releases for AOS. Give us Chaos Duardin, Fyreslayers and Kharadron for 4.0 its time the Duardin stepped up.

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Bosskelot said:

This is like releasing a single chaos dwarf unit as part of STD.

Its just a bit wierd and disappointing.

Like if they didn't release the snarlfangs it wouldn't have created expectations. Or if ot had been something like a new breed of troll or squig.

Its like teasing a model line that might never actually exist, and even if it does its probably 3-6 years down the line.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Im only really annoyed because Era of the Beast was Destructions time in the spotlight.

This means, if we have a repeat of what has already been released Editions wise; Chaos, Death and then Desteuction, ittll be 7 more years till they take spotlight again. 7 years. 

Im hoping that the next 'Broken Realms' series dives deep into Destruction stamping a claim on the Mortal Realms and making some big moves.

I truly hope Seraphon recieve at LEAST the Sylvaneth treatment as not only do they deserve it as most of their kits are 20 years old but they are an iconic Faction for GW.

If we dont get that and instead recieve Malerions Aelves next Edition and Lumineth Wave 3 Ill have to take a step back from the hobby.*

*No offense to Aelf lovers I want you guys to get your Factions and minis but we cant just have Aelves be the big releases for AOS. Give us Chaos Duardin, Fyreslayers and Kharadron for 4.0 its time the Duardin stepped up.

Maybe it is hopium, but I do wonder if AoS 3rd Ed. was massively hit by Covid, I mean, the stuff coming out now was possibly being designed and such around the time of the lockdowns now (as I don't doubt that happens at least a couple of years before release, a year at least). So I have my fingers crossed as we get into 4th edition we will start to see some more inspiring releases, more like 2nd Edition when they seemed to release a couple of full armies a year plus reasonable model releases for other drops.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LordSolarMach said:

Don't worry everyone! Warcry: Nightmare Quest will undoubtably be Beastmen vs 'Gitz!

*Rocks himself back and forth gently.*

Thought about this some more, and I'd be legitimately excited if the Chaos side of it was a duel-kit that made both a classic-BoC-style Centigor unit or a new HoS version.

10 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

*Cues up Jurassic Park soundtrack*

@KingBrodd, I truly hope that one day soon we will see The Age of Beasts actually mean something for Destruction beyond a Flashpoint and a few new models here and there. GW has been teasing us with certain factions and models going out of control.... and not having any MAJOR LORE IMPLICATIONS!!!! 

I sincerely hope that the next new faction is either Chaos Guardian, or a Kruleboyz/Orruks wave 2. There's a clear demand for both right now, and since it looks like LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!! will soon rise again, I can afford to be patient.

Edited by Overread
updated after earlier post removals.

The Snarlfang release is odd, as the aesthetic appears to need more units to at least have a Gitmob, I wonder if we’ll see more during the narrative launch into 4th.

With Broken realms we got, a ton of new models and rules. Even for Battletomes that had recently dropped (The slannesh twins) Perhaps the Era of the beast will be highlighted through that. I know the box sets and new models from that era did well because the story pushed the models. 

So let’s hope that GW is just waiting to dump all their little AOS secrets during the new narrative season. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Bosskelot said:

The only old model I would say needs desperate updating is the Spiderboss on Giant Cave Spider. That model is too spindly to be in Finecast Resin, I have seen one with bend and break under it's own weight. Spider Riders could be better, but they are serviceable. Madcap Shamans still look fantastic.

Edited by dirkdragonslayer
  • Like 3

Just now, Gitzdee said:

I do wonder if they could rerelease Rippa as a Snarlfang hero and maybe add the Gitmob keyword to Madcap Shamans. Take would give Gitmob at least something to work with right?

Rippa being re-released as a generic Gitboss (with two body guards included in his profile) would be the dream, but I don't think it will happen. There's no precedent for it yet.

9 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I'm with @Boingrot Bouncer too
And of course, let's see how the Snarlfangs interact with the rest of the army.

What I mean is that maybe the Snarlfangs in a Gits army are like Hobgrots in a Kruleboyz army. Really diferent in design but they have some background to support their inclusion.

The difference imho is that most of the Gitmob models made the transition into AoS and got removed at some point. Gitmob models are some of the first models i bought when i started this hobby and i still love them. But only bringing back Snarlfang Riders is just weird to me. I just hope we get to see more of them.

Really need to see the tome to see what they will do with these models because they share the same book with Spider Riders and Squig Hoppers.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

Also the gitz have 43 warscroll cards in the pack.

They're getting 2 new units, and kragnos will probably show up in the book too.

They currently have 44 scrolls.

So that means at least 4 things are getting removed or consolidated.

Madcaps and loonboss with cave squig are the obvious ones (madcaps are basically fungoids). But i'm not sure what else.

Maybe the scuttleboss because of resin? Or one of the underworlds warbands? Or maybe shootas and stabbas will get a combined scroll or the aleguzzler will be gone?

I'm shocked they never did start collecting, vanguard, or combat patrol tzaangor. You can sell it to 3 armies and include the 40k upgrade sprue.

Just as a reminder.

they are getting 2 new units.

Wolf riders and a boss with a squig.

So here is my theroy.

skarsnik with his beloved squig will get replaced by the new boss with his beloved squig.

adding the new wolf riders to the range that would leave us with 44 warscrolls

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Sounds very much like Skaven... 

Edited by Flippy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1