The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Does anyone know what Realm we are visiting next? This year has been heavy on Ghur and Underworlds visited a little bit of Ulgu. Would have liked to see more Ulgu to be honest.

another part of ghur most likely my guess is Rondhol or Bjarl

1 hour ago, CDM said:

Hi! I used to go when Simon and Ed were working there. Massive credit to those two, used to put on great training sessions that were fun and they were always around to chat to. They even had these cards you brought with you to add a bit more rules knowledge every week that they'd sign as complete. Great guys.

I am terrible with names, but I remember Simon and yeah, he was a great guy. He always seemed to have time to chat about pretty much anything hobby related, and seemed genuinely enthusiastic when he did. I can't remember the name of the other staff at the time, but I do remember them all being pretty decent.

It was also noticeable just how many there were: it usually felt like there were at least 3 staff in the store at any one time. I've been in to the store more recently and it seems like there's just one person working there now. It doesn't have the same feel that it used to (though of course that might be true tinted glasses).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

As far as I know, for Necromunda you need the core rulebook, gangs of the underhive and the faction book. Depending on mercenaries and game mode, you might need more. These are all full price books, every one of these books is more expensive than Frost- or Stargrave.

This also means the rules can be in any one of the books, so you'll need to bring them and find the correct section.

40k players reacted weird when I did not agree with this. I returned the core rulebook to the store and purchased Snotlings and some other stuff for the store credit, haven't looked back since.

You don't need gangs of the under hive anymore, that was the old edition, and is no longer sold. Basically the group needs a core book and then you each need your faction book. Still more books than stargrave though! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Does anyone know what Realm we are visiting next? This year has been heavy on Ghur and Underworlds visited a little bit of Ulgu. Would have liked to see more Ulgu to be honest.

For the next Edition Im feeling Chamon. 

Chaos Duardin, Kharadron Overlords and Fyreslayers.

Give us the Duardin Edition!!

• Like 10
  • LOVE IT! 3

32 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

You don't need gangs of the under hive anymore, that was the old edition, and is no longer sold. Basically the group needs a core book and then you each need your faction book. Still more books than stargrave though! 

That is better. Still not going to play it, but three books is nonsense.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 11:52 PM, Talas said:

A guy is posting a bunch of info in AoS Coach Discord:

1. GHB rumors about small heroes are true.
  2. Dawnbringer crusade is the spring Order release.
  3. Seraphon in summer.
  4. Freeguild is being replaced by all new sigmarite mortals. Phoenix Temple, old Dark Elves and Dispossesed stay. Everyting else is gone.
  5. New Khorne rules are playtesting way too strong.

Disclamer: I'm not in Coach's Discord, I got these from another Discord. If someone could give us a better view, I'd appreciate it.

I don’t think this is 100% per accurate but...

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

I can see Ogor Mawtribes players get mad if CoS gets new models before them. Or it could double kit for man-eaters or something.

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

A unit or two with a similar aesthetic to this would be amazing. Definitely my favourite Ogor model. 20221208_194001.jpg.e9acb90833ed8435315c19b37fd005a5.jpg

I would absolutely love more Ogors in Bruttogs style but I swear to Behemat if COS gets new Ogor minis before Mawtribes I would actively step away from the hobby for a while.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Most likely Cities is the summer release or later?  Only the option is about the dark elves and what is staying/getting cut.

Either way will be interesting to see how the community will respond to so much being removed from the faction. See a lot more talk about the non human stuff for this human rework lol.

Edited by RyantheFett

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

My take of what's not true is the squating of stuff from the cities book, apart from freeguild stuff getting replaced I don't see them losing anything. 

10 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

Most likely Cities is the summer release or later?  Only the option is about the dark elves and what is staying/getting cut.

Either way will be interesting to see how the community will respond to so much being removed from the faction. See a lot more talk about the non human stuff for this human rework lol.

Judging by @Whitefang Sad React to @Ogregut looks like lots will be cut.

• Sad 3

22 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

Most likely Cities is the summer release or later? 

So it begins...

Maybe this summer like Lumineth in 2020 (in June, just before 40k 9th edition launch). Or in autumn. I bet on an army set in october/november and a full release in january 2024. Same as STD, or Astra Militarum, this year.