The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Nubgan said:

I think your tin foiling hat the comment, they always give some random description of them handing out a new rumour engine. They are not infact saying that this belongs to a shrouded figure. :D

Oh, come on! "From the shadowy mists", when it's known that elves live in the Realm of Shadow and one of the two new elf models since AoS released was called Mistweaver? I don't think there's any tin foil involved here, they everything-but told us this is an elf, the way I see it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Newest Malign Portents Story:

https://malignportents.com/story/grim-deliverance/

Specifically mentioned a pale woman in robes as a servant of Nagash. The descriptions do seem in line with the rumour engines we've been seeing so far:

A woman dressed in black and purple robes was trying to pull the handcart from the soldier’s grasp. Though her skin was corpse pale, she was clearly strong and showed no sign of illness.

‘Don’t let her do it,’ cried the soldier. ‘She kills the ones she takes! I hear them screaming as she wheels them away, then they fall silent in an instant.’

Gosma saw the pale woman moving towards the soldier, her black and purple robes untouched by the contents of the cyst, and her fingers glowing with amethyst light…

• Like 1

Given the Malign Portents story, perhaps these thin hand rumors are a mortal Death Cult instead? The latest one, with thr scroll, reminds me of a common thread on Flagellents and Priests. The dragon doesn't fit, but the chain could. Maybe the "two aelves factions" was one smaller aelf release, say fleshing out Daughters of Khaine, and the other is a bigger cult of Nagash.

2 hours ago, DantePQ said:

Aelf Cult of Nagash ? 

That would be quite bad :P

I could see it. Morathi is probably pretty pissed at Slaanesh for...eating her and Nagash ALSO hates Slaanesh for stealing Aelven souls. I could see a mutually beneficial partnership there.

2 minutes ago, BURF1 said:

I could see it. Morathi is probably pretty pissed at Slaanesh for...eating her and Nagash ALSO hates Slaanesh for stealing Aelven souls. I could see a mutually beneficial partnership there.

But Nagash is mad at aelven gods for stealing the souls back from him ! ;)

Nagash is mad at everyone these days

• Haha 1

It doesn't make sens for simple reason, 

Such faction would be folded into BT Death with new minis to support BT it doesn't make sense to release BT Death and then few months later to release new Death faction especially with BT having abilities,artefacts etc for mixed Death armies. 

1 minute ago, DantePQ said:

Such faction would be folded into BT Death with new minis to support BT it doesn't make sense to release BT Death and then few months later to release new Death faction especially with BT having abilities,artefacts etc for mixed Death armies. 

It makes perfect sense. Why would they be folded into Legions of Nagash, if they aren't technically a legion of Nagash, but an allied cohort? And even then, they had books for every grand alliance at one point and those are ALL being broken up into new books. The contents of legions of Nagash don't automatically discount a new faction the same way Grand Alliance: Order didn't stop Kharadron from coming out.

• Like 4

Latest malign portents story supports a future new faction of "Mortal Death". From the wording...I am here by predicting a "Revenant" faction... those who have accepted Nagash's amethyst glow and released their stubborn hold on life to return as an other wise normal person, but ya know... dead. 

https://malignportents.com/story/grim-deliverance/

18 hours ago, Swooper said:

Oh, come on! "From the shadowy mists", when it's known that elves live in the Realm of Shadow and one of the two new elf models since AoS released was called Mistweaver? I don't think there's any tin foil involved here, they everything-but told us this is an elf, the way I see it.

You could go so far as to say it is elf-evident!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, DantePQ said:

er... stormcasts

24 minutes ago, Sadysaneto said:

er... stormcasts

yep but Stormcast are poster boys releasing new Huge Death BT with no minis (as rumored) and then releasing new BT which is Death with new minis woulde be horrible move, especially with some many people waiting for Cthulu Elves (whichj is rumored to have Morathi as some kind of dual kit)

The rumours ive read (on this site!) have suggested new zombies and a new black coach. My own bet would be for plastic bloodknights at least/last, and hopefully new bat swarms, fell bats and soulblight heroes. Alongside any brand new stuff.

If all that forms the basis of Nagash's Legions, there's plenty of room for Flesh Eater Courts and brand new factions to exist alongside them!

1 hour ago, Moonstone said:

Not really expecting anyone to believe me at this point, but it was hinted to me that undead Orruks and Skaven would be a thing....

I always thought that the skeleton warriors should mix species. I think it would be a good way to update the different skellies kits

• Like 2