The Rumour Thread

10 hours ago, MitGas said:

Curseling got a decent buff, Enlightened a slight nerf (going second feels a lot less inviting than before) and Tzaangors and Acolytes don't feel much easier to field than before although Tzaangors seem a bit better overall if the costs aren't changed. Totem Banner rule is a bit clunky though and doesn't snipe heroes anymore. 

Enlightened get the bonus of you're second in the battle round, not if you fight second so between that and the better save/beak profile its a decent buff.

For tzaangors if you run the math the new scroll does less damage than the old one, even with all out attack where a big part of the old unit already got +1 to hit. The banner change is also pretty bad because it only counts enemy wizards within 12 instead of all wizards, and it triggers at the emd of combat with a range of 3". Box points put them 25 points more than the current points, despite getting nerfed.

Kairics' save went down by 1 and are no longer wizards. They always get the +1 rend now, the bird can mortal on a failed cast, and their dual blades are slightly better, but it seems like a nerf, especially since the points didn't change.

I get that Tzeentch was a really strong book, but these units see basically no actual play, which is a shame because I love the models.

• Like 4

@Ganigumo

Ouch to my blue bird finger wiggler fan friends.... ouch indeed. 

Never played as but did paint up a unit of Tzaans and enlightened, very cool models.  I actually like the idea of multple weapon profiles/attacks on a single unit. Imo drop these new battalions and galetian vet ****** and have more of this. As an example - gutrippaz- if we could legally take stikkaz and hackaz there would be more insentive and just options to double up and play around with loudouts. If the multiple different kind of attacks are a nuisance then just use different colored/sized dice and roll all at once. This is an instance with "rules bloat/complexity" that I actually enjoy when it comes to GW and am a bit disappointed to see it phasing out of sorts. 

1 hour ago, The World Tree said:

No way. Tzaangors were a nightmare to play with because there were so many different weapon profiles. Simplified is better.

I can't wait until they redo the Steam Tank and I don't have to roll separately for the cannon, steam gun, wheels, hull-mounted rifle, commander's pistol and birb rod anymore. Which all do no damage.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I can't wait until they redo the Steam Tank and I don't have to roll separately for the cannon, steam gun, wheels, hull-mounted rifle, commander's pistol and birb rod anymore. Which all do no damage.

I really hope so:

01.jpg.97729819ffe29e704577fb5fbeb12a16.jpg

12 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Hello, The Outpost still let’s me add one to my Basket: https://www.the-outpost.co.uk/product/the-arkanauts-oath-hb-60040281288/

Good luck 🤞🏻 

Done! Shipping cost for double the book's price, but what can I say, it's a Kharadron book...

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

Enlightened get the bonus of you're second in the battle round, not if you fight second so between that and the better save/beak profile its a decent buff.

For tzaangors if you run the math the new scroll does less damage than the old one, even with all out attack where a big part of the old unit already got +1 to hit. The banner change is also pretty bad because it only counts enemy wizards within 12 instead of all wizards, and it triggers at the emd of combat with a range of 3". Box points put them 25 points more than the current points, despite getting nerfed.

Kairics' save went down by 1 and are no longer wizards. They always get the +1 rend now, the bird can mortal on a failed cast, and their dual blades are slightly better, but it seems like a nerf, especially since the points didn't change.

I get that Tzeentch was a really strong book, but these units see basically no actual play, which is a shame because I love the models.

Thanks, I totally misunderstood the new Enlightened ability. I thought Tzaangors hit harder now but I‘m on holiday and was too lazy to look up their current warscroll. It‘s a shame that they got worse. 

Though we lack the full picture the mopium take from me is that both LRL/DoT got HoS'ed because of outcry of NPE + having been at or around the top of the meta. Saving grace for DoT is that GW might overbuff the daemon side because of wanting to shift lots of daemon boxes (with the coinciding Daemon codex for 40k). For now though the Curseling is an over-costed hero with a mediocre short ranged spell and 50/50 chance for its ability to do something, two toothless and over-costed mortal units. Hopefully Horrors are fun to use because failing that the army looks like a total chore to play.

Turning off CAs is interesting but Enlightened are 215pts for 3 (12 wounds on 4+). They're not durable or particularly killy so they might not even be alive long enough for their ability to come into effect. That seem to be the general theme of these warscrolls, i.e. too many abilities which require way too much setup to simply become useable.

Obviously there's more in the tome but, yeah, I'm getting GW overcorrection vibes all over this.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

Though we lack the full picture the mopium take from me is that both LRL/DoT got HoS'ed because of outcry of NPE + having been at or around the top of the meta.

I don't know about DoT, but Lumineths seems to have been updated with 3.0 and having better gameplay overall: easy Shinning Company for all Vanari units, better Deep thinkers for Scinari, and rumors about better Alarith traits.

The only think that I see is that all NPE experience seems to be fixe'd (ignore LoS and the rumor about removing Fox's movement in enemies movement phase).

I'm not a Lumineth Player but everything seems to be good.

34 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I don't know about DoT, but Lumineths seems to have been updated with 3.0 and having better gameplay overall: easy Shinning Company for all Vanari units, better Deep thinkers for Scinari, and rumors about better Alarith traits.

The only think that I see is that all NPE experience seems to be fixe'd (ignore LoS and the rumor about removing Fox's movement in enemies movement phase).

I'm not a Lumineth Player but everything seems to be good.

ye good changes to streamline and open more counterplay. let's see the full book but dawnriders at 160, sentinels at 165 and bladelords at 145 does all seem a bit overcosted 

So this is neither news nor a rumour, more a show and tell with a wish list. Over on Insta the Great David Gallagher posted this pic which is an unpublished artwork of Malekith. 

And it makes me think just how badly I want Malekith/Malerion/Samantha (I honestly don’t care he calls himself anymore). But After Nearly a decade now since AoS became a thing I think it’s due time  the Witch King of the Dark Elves returns. 

CCB95820-F9C2-418F-93B7-DA35CB8B57B8.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

3 hours ago, Kronos said:

So this is neither news nor a rumour, more a show and tell with a wish list. Over on Insta the Great David Gallagher posted this pic which is an unpublished artwork of Malekith. 

And it makes me think just how badly I want Malekith/Malerion/Samantha (I honestly don’t care he calls himself anymore). But After Nearly a decade now since AoS became a thing I think it’s due time  the Witch King of the Dark Elves returns. 

CCB95820-F9C2-418F-93B7-DA35CB8B57B8.jpeg

Amazing piece hooefully we get something soon.

I know it is even more unrelated But I always imagined Melkor/Morgoth to have a similar silhouette in the Silmarillion.

I will likely never collect the new shadow elves but I so badly want them to be a thing just to see their models and read their Lore. Also between the Spirit of Durthu, Avatar of Khaine, Eidelon and the Light of Eltharion... I am really hopeful for a Malus Darkblade reimagining!

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I personally think before we get the Malerion Aelves we need Grungni and Hashut Duardin.

Before we get Malerion we got actual  Squats... so I think we'll get both beforehand. 

I am pretty sure at this rate we will get Tomb Kings before the edge lord leaves the shadows

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Before we get Malerion we got actual  Squats... so I think we'll get both beforehand. 

I am pretty sure at this rate we will get Tomb Kings before the edge lord leaves the shadows

I would love for Malerions fans to get their dues, I want all Factions to be present, more Factions, more Lore, more minis!!

I think we've had a lot of Aelf time and barely any Duardin time!!

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I would love for Malerions fans to get their dues, I want all Factions to be present, more Factions, more Lore, more minis!!

I think we've had a lot of Aelf time and barely any Duardin time!!

Chorfs could kickstart a whole redemption arc for the more shameful deeds of other duardin. When they stare right in the face of their worst it rekindles their belief in the old ways, the old gods, and the term slayer once more takes on its true meaning as the Fyreslayers/KO/duardin march against their fallen kin. To once more be worthy of their ancestors respect.

Edited by pnkdth
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 4

33 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Just because I changed my name doesn’t mean you should start tempting us with the return of LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!!

12 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

METAL HORRORS ARE COMING BACK FOR MADE-TO-ORDER, THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

KqRmRLRQ4xJ0LXav.jpg

Also the Flamers, Beast of Nurgle, Karanak and Masque but whatever.

Oh and a Khorne Combat Patrol.

u6gkNP4VRU0PmWTC.jpg

The horrors are good models but an absolute ball ache to assemble,  not to mention store and game with without breaking. 

Shame they didn't bring back the Juan Diaz denonettes. 

I like the khone combat patrol,  a lot of demons for £60 - £70.

• Like 1

really like that khorne combat patrol. It's basically perfect for fleshing out what I still want on the daemon side of khorne. I'm still going to wait for the khorne book to drop before I make any purchases but if the emphasis moves away from bloodthirsters and the normal daemons are half decent I'll pick one up for sure. 

The fact they named it Combat Patrol Chaos Daemons instead of Daemons of Khorne probably means there won't be another daemons Combat Patrol. 

But that doesn't mean we won't be getting another Vanguard set thought that would probably be a combination of mortals and daemons like the Nurgle one

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1