The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Freypal said:

This is up on the GW webstore now;

image.png.977bc3f76b00e91213e5e4fa8cad696e.png

Incarnate isn't as bad as I thought considering it was shoved in a £135 box and is pretty big.

£135 for Arcane Cataclysm is a real 'bites knuckles' moment, even if Lumineth stuff tends to be individually pricey, but it was only 7 months ago that Fury of the Deep was £115.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 5

35 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Incarnate isn't as bad as I thought considering it was shoved in a £135 box and is pretty big.

£135 for Arcane Cataclysm is a real 'bites knuckles' moment, even if Lumineth stuff tends to be individually pricey, but it was only 7 months ago that Fury of the Deep was £115.

Yeah, 220 for a battlebox is...oof. I was thinking of just grabbing the box (Play LRL and Beastmen, no Tzeentch) instead of scouring ebay for halfs or whatever, but that's probably too rich for my blood given that I don't need anything in it that badly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Fury of the deep is £186 individually with the heroes and Arcane Cataclysm is £210 without heroes so it's a similar discount. It also contains 12 more minis than the other box. I can't remember the last time a non starter battle box had more than 50 minis. 

I'm not a fan of dual boxes as I usually only like one of the factions but I'm tempted by this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Kempak said:

I've noticed a few of the older warcry warbands showing unavailable to order on some 3rd party sites. Have there been any rumours.of being discontinued or are they going to be reboxed without cards like some of the older underworld warbands were?

They were put into that model rotation thing where they go out of production and will come back periodically.

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Incarnate for £35 is actually quite nice considering it's a big chunk of points so I will probably actually pick one up if it does go for that! Could use something in my StD that actually does damage ;)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

They were put into that model rotation thing where they go out of production and will come back periodically.

I don't think so. 

The original 6 warbands are available to buy with double the amount of models but no cards. 

You find them in the slaves to darkness section. 

Rules for them can be downloaded and found in the new compendium. 

And I would imagine they and other older warbands will be direct only. 

Edited by Ogregut

17 hours ago, Enoby said:

Perhaps I missed it, but any news on the Legionnaires getting AoS rules before the S2D book? I like the look of them but tend to use cultists in P2G so wouldn't have a use for them without AoS rules.

They for some reason decided to make the AOS warcroll a completely different article coming "at a later date" :/ 

• Sad 1

When the new Tzeentch BT comes out in like, a month, I hope they at least allude to what happened to the original Curseling. With him coming to TWW3 it just feels wrong that we never got any real conclusion to his story beyond “uhhhh then the big muscle man got control and got lost in the warp lol”

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Landohammer said:

Looks like GW is back at their (ultimately doomed) attempts to make people buy tzaangors. Whats the list at now?

-Aether Wars

-Arcane Cataclysm

-Hexfire

-Thousand son start collecting

-Thousand Son Patrol

-Tzaangor Army of Reknown

I'm looking forward to having their rules simplified,  there is far to much X if Y on their warscroll. I'll imagine they will get a glow up as well. 

The models are pretty good. 

In other news, got my email to order my Warhammer+ model and couldn't resist the assassin either. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I'm looking forward to having their rules simplified,  there is far to much X if Y on their warscroll. I'll imagine they will get a glow up as well. 

The models are pretty good. 

In other news, got my email to order my Warhammer+ model and couldn't resist the assassin either. 

Oh I love the models too. But they have managed to be terrible in both game systems. Quite an achievement for a non-demon. 

5 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Fury of the Deep was 7 months ago!? Father of Behemat...

I can see a lot of Kharadron conversions of this chap coming.

MUkbT2qr37iLZeYe.jpg

bmjguw9COA4UVSVS.jpg

ROCK N STONE!! THE LEAGUES ARE LITERAL DEEP ROCK GALACTIC DWARVES AND I AM TRYING HARD NOT TO BUY THEM.

EDIT. Just realised this is a Kahl. No way in Aqshy that isnt a direct reference to Deep Rock Galactic 'For Karl!!'

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

Honestly Tzaangors are almost-good now, they actually hit like a truck if you do the math. They only need minor changes to be pretty playable. base 2" reach, so they don't lose it when gallet rotates out, and a bit of a cost reduction and they'd probably be fine, give them a subfaction and they might be great.

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

Remember when battle boxes were like $160? The GW greed hath ascended.

It is chugging on as expected. The annual report shows they're going continue to reinforce the 'boutique' feel and niche marketing because they do not believe the hobby can go properly mainstream. Prices will continue to be incrementally increased to make it less noticeable, queue the boiling frog-analogy.

Personally, I've slowed down my purchaces but I think there's enough players who buy tons (and can continue to buy tons) so GW will barely notice. I'm right at the very edge of what I find acceptable. On the flip side, in addition of skirmish games, I've rediscovered board games. On flip of the flip side, perhaps with the tome it'll look like a better deal.

For now, we must trust in Tzeentch.

Edited by pnkdth
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

EDIT. Just realised this is a Kahl. No way in Aqshy that isnt a direct reference to Deep Rock Galactic 'For Karl!!'

Fyreslayer unit champions are called Karls and they were introduced before Deep Rock Galactic. I think it's just the usual faux-Norse they use with Dwarfs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JustAsPlanned said:

When the new Tzeentch BT comes out in like, a month, I hope they at least allude to what happened to the original Curseling. With him coming to TWW3 it just feels wrong that we never got any real conclusion to his story beyond “uhhhh then the big muscle man got control and got lost in the warp lol”

I may be wrong, but isn't the Curseling just a "class" of Tzeentch Arcanite leaders now? So you could have a lot of Curselings in one place, all looking very different.

If that is the current lore, then it might be hard to reconcile it with the past Villich. While I like generic heroes, it's a shame that the original Curseling has mostly been forgotten in AoS lore, unless I've missed something. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I don't think so. 

The original 6 warbands are available to buy with double the amount of models but no cards. 

You find them in the slaves to darkness section. 

Rules for them can be downloaded and found in the new compendium. 

And I would imagine they and other older warbands will be direct only. 

oops, I got them mixed up with the underworld warbands.

Fyreslayer unit champions are called Karls and they were introduced before Deep Rock Galactic. I think it's just the usual faux-Norse they use with Dwarfs.

"Karl" refers to a free peasant man who is allowed to bear arms in old norse. You might have encountered the term as part of "huscarl" when in games like Age of Empires, for example.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, JustAsPlanned said:

I wouldn't count on them detailing what happened to Vilitch Thomin, especially after him being the blueprint for a class of hero and getting his model replaced now. But you never know, there's definitely a chance to introduce him again as a "super curseling" (or the original) or something if his Total War III part makes waves. His design is still great but there's one detail to consider: They were fused twins, with Vilitch being a mutated runt.... the new Curselings are fusions out of "Tretchlets" (I think they're kind of daemonic mini-people, kinda like familiars but I can't look it up now) and people.

It would IMO also be cool to see some of the classic Tzeentch heroes come back. I could easily imagine Aekold to return as it would be easy thanks to his gift of life - doesn't take much to write him back in if they wanted.

Egrimm Van Horstmann would be cool too, especially because they could use his kit to give us Chaos dragons (Baudros/Galrauch, whatever), although out of those three he was the only one who pretty much got killed quite definitely. Then again The End Times was such a horribly written mess that I disregard it. It was insulting GoT S8 stuff to put it in a dramatic fashion.

• Like 6

Bit late to the party but those Warhammer + models are amazing. Saddnes me they’re only through warhammer +. Not so much the paywall, I’ve made my piece with that, I get it, it’s marketing. But why make miniatures so cool that each person can only get one. I want to make sooo many things with that terminator, and I want to keep one in a box…It’s the Army Battle standard bearers all over again

And as cool as the Kin Khal is, I just want some Dwarfs…Beardy Dwarfs with Shields, or even on Shields. And some Dwarfs with big hats.  We spent years asking for Squats, didn’t realise it would come at the expense of the two main Dwarf factions. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kronos said:

Bit late to the party but those Warhammer + models are amazing. Saddnes me they’re only through warhammer +. Not so much the paywall, I’ve made my piece with that, I get it, it’s marketing. But why make miniatures so cool that each person can only get one. I want to make sooo many things with that terminator, and I want to keep one in a box…It’s the Army Battle standard bearers all over again

And as cool as the Kin Khal is, I just want some Dwarfs…Beardy Dwarfs with Shields, or even on Shields. And some Dwarfs with big hats.  We spent years asking for Squats, didn’t realise it would come at the expense of the two main Dwarf factions. 

Check out the loot trading group on fb,  people sell limited edition stuff there and it has to be at regular price (which if its the same as this year,  it will be £26).