The Rumour Thread

52 minutes ago, novakai said:

It depend since they may cycle through to more Killteam articles when Into the Dark comes out and then double back to Warcry when it get close to the next boxset, it not like we where expecting more warbands to be reveal and release until the next boxset if we compare to how they did Killteam releases all of last year.

I think a lot of us were under the impression there would be a article about the future of the game this week but looking back it seems maybe it was the one saying there will be a box every 3 months. 

Still a road map with symbols or silhouettes like they do for Underworlds would be nice. 

Edited by Ogregut
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

@KingBrodd Stay strong, fan of the fatties! Do not let the corporate marketing vampires getcha!! Sit back, maybe take a peek at your current projects or even older ones and see if you can knock something out or spiffy up an old piece! 

Do not fall prey to the man, man.

Remember why you enjoy the hobby. Oh, and look into Frostgrave. Its awesome. 🤘🦄🤘

Thanks for the kind and wise words mate!!

2 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Understandable Your Swoleness, we all need to scream into a pillow at times. Though I’m upset that we didn’t get any Warcry news. I am admittedly excited about the Necromunda update, mostly because I’m using the Vheciles for a dark-mechanicus army. Here’s hoping we get SOMETHING within the next few days.

Im glad youre excited My Loyal Son!!

2 hours ago, Ogregut said:

We don't have rumours of chaos dwarves or shadow elves, just speculation. 

We've had the same with grotbag scuttlers, silent people and kurnothi. 

I know it's frustrating not to get news of stuff but hopfully we'll get a big preview soon seeing as they've done a preview for skirmish games and have the upcoming lotr preview. 

One would assume that we get a preview for 40k and AoS. 

I look at it this way, my wallet gets a break lol. 

True, thanks mate.

35 minutes ago, Plinketts Mawtribes said:

Getting more and more discouraged about the state of things. I just want Ogors to be good again.

I feel this buddy. I really love my Ogors. I also play sylvaneth so they’ve been keeping me distracted for a minute along with starting a BoC army. Before that I was chomping at the bit for any scrape of an update.

GW definitely has their finger on the pulse of the community. They know they have their customers chomping at the bit to know what the destruction times are. Building hype is always good for a brand.

With that being said, AOS in its short existence has had a lot of new stuff come out. Rules, books, models Battletomes etc. I don’t play 40k but a lot of their armies and models were due an update and it is their bread winner.

We are at the point now where AOS 3.0 is a year old. In one year, we have gotten 11 Battletomes of the 24 armies. Plus we already know at least 3 (2 destruction, S2D) will be here by 2023. So they’ve updated half the armies in one year. I think that’s pretty good in the grand scheme.

We also know that everything has been delayed and because of that they spent a ton of money to move production from over seas to in Nottingham, so a delay is to be expected.

As much as we want more new AOS stuff right now, and 2022 has by far been the slowest AOS year since it’s release, we can feel it coming. The flood gates are going to open. 

I/we have all heard the rumors and actual statements from GW that they are sitting on a ton of stuff waiting to be released. I think Nova will be announcement of the destruction Tomes. And there’s usually always something right before Christmas. 

Remember,

October of 2019 was OBR

October 2020 was Sons

then in 21 we had Soulblight that came out in March but was supposed to be fall release.

So I’m expecting something good this fall

• Like 7

Was definitely a bit disappointed when the time ticked around and it was a second Necromunda article instead of Warcry. I'm really on the fence at Heart of Ghur. I was hoping that a peak at the next box might sway me one way or the other. At this point I think I'll just wait until the next box is announced and if Heart of Ghur sells out in the meantime then so be it.  Maybe we will have a surprise later but at least we know for sure that there will be a Nova preview this month. It's not that long to wait and there's a fairly good chance we will see the Lumineth Tzeentch box before then. 

As for Dawnbreakers, they are definitely already done. GW is probably working on the 4th edition starter box about now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jetlife said:

GW definitely has their finger on the pulse of the community. They know they have their customers chomping at the bit to know what the destruction times are. Building hype is always good for a brand.

With that being said, AOS in its short existence has had a lot of new stuff come out. Rules, books, models Battletomes etc. I don’t play 40k but a lot of their armies and models were due an update and it is their bread winner.

We are at the point now where AOS 3.0 is a year old. In one year, we have gotten 11 Battletomes of the 24 armies. Plus we already know at least 3 (2 destruction, S2D) will be here by 2023. So they’ve updated half the armies in one year. I think that’s pretty good in the grand scheme.

We also know that everything has been delayed and because of that they spent a ton of money to move production from over seas to in Nottingham, so a delay is to be expected.

As much as we want more new AOS stuff right now, and 2022 has by far been the slowest AOS year since it’s release, we can feel it coming. The flood gates are going to open. 

I/we have all heard the rumors and actual statements from GW that they are sitting on a ton of stuff waiting to be released. I think Nova will be announcement of the destruction Tomes. And there’s usually always something right before Christmas. 

Remember,

October of 2019 was OBR

October 2020 was Sons

then in 21 we had Soulblight that came out in March but was supposed to be fall release.

I don't care about rules. Or fiction books.

If we subtract that, most of what came out were single heroes, though the swamp orcs are really good.

As for the amount of updated books: that's their own doing. Three years for an edition is really short, and it requires a lot of updates.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jetlife said:

Remember,

October of 2019 was OBR

October 2020 was Sons

Sons were delayed by the lockdown. The real release date was gonna be April.

Nova could be a good event to show Astra, Votann and StD models.

If you are expecting a post-Christmas army, that army is StD.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Before pandemic, GW usually showed some teasers between desember and february with a big release at the end of March and April. I just hope that they don't release another micro-army and they start releasing wave 2 for the old ones.

Ill happily take no new Destruction Faction this Edition* if it means older Factions, even non Destruction ones get a second wave.

Beasts of Chaos, Seraphon, Ossiarch Bonereapers, Flesh Eater Courts and Ogor Mawtribes. Update these and we dont need any new Factions. 

*If they do add another Faction this Edition and its NOT Destruction Ill go on a massive WAAAGH!!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Jetlife said:

Remember,

October of 2019 was OBR

October 2020 was Sons

You're forgetting the tzeench and lumineth battletomes coming in the autumn as well. 

After the StD book comes out we'll only need 10 more battletomes to get everyone up to date. 

Cites (which we know is coming) 

Lizards

Kharadron 

Khorne

Slannesh

Beasts 

Flesh eaters

Bonereapers 

Soulblight gravelords

The remaining destruction army. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Ill happily take no new Destruction Faction this Edition* if it means older Factions, even non Destruction ones get a second wave.

Beasts of Chaos, Seraphon, Ossiarch Bonereapers, Flesh Eater Courts and Ogor Mawtribes. Update these and we dont need any new Factions. 

*If they do add another Faction this Edition and its NOT Destruction Ill go on a massive WAAAGH!!

*angry mumbling* .... Dark Elves ... it's their turn now... waited far too long...  *angry mumbling*

Edited by Aeryenn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

*angry mumbling* .... Dark Elves ... it's their turn now... waited far too long...  *angry mumbling*

I remembers getting into AOS and seeing the Malerion art, Mistweaver Saih, Tenebrael Shard and the Daughters of Khaine and thinking oh Malerion will be next... and nothing... for years.

• Sad 3

27 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I remembers getting into AOS and seeing the Malerion art, Mistweaver Saih, Tenebrael Shard and the Daughters of Khaine and thinking oh Malerion will be next... and nothing... for years.

When Silver Tower came out I painted every mini except the Tenebreal Shard. The rumour was that Malerion's Aelves were coming out that year. I'd thought I hold off from painting it until I saw the rest of the army. Six years later it's still unpainted. 😞

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

I don't care about rules. Or fiction books.

If we subtract that, most of what came out were single heroes, though the swamp orcs are really good.

As for the amount of updated books: that's their own doing. Three years for an edition is really short, and it requires a lot of updates.

Let's be honest, that's the major problems with AOS right now.
They could even churn out 20 battlettomes in a year but without miniatures wave seems hollow.
Idoneth,Fyreslayers and many others needed more so i get why people are not that much pleased.
Also considering the "late year" big release is chaos i really doubt we'll see something big before....hoping at least for a couple units for one of the destruction tomes but i fear we will not get much(other than the singular hero).
The white dwarf update remains also a mistery imho...they were done like the world eaters ones as placeholder for a future release?Or not?
I just hope next year will start better, at least this year i could concentrates on Votann but i really hope the Kharadron\Bonereapers will get a second wave next year .

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 5