The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

My money is on Morghur or his proxy-shaman getting a special model, then a whole range update for anything not from 8th edition of fantasy. 

That would be nice.  I think it's optimistic to expect anything but I guess I'm naturally doubtful about Beasts getting love from GW.

An Avatar or Eidolon or Aspect of Morghur would be lovely.  I would love any characters actually, anything that gave the true children of Chaos more of a narrative presence.

6 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

That would be nice.  I think it's optimistic to expect anything but I guess I'm naturally doubtful about Beasts getting love from GW.

An Avatar or Eidolon or Aspect of Morghur would be lovely.  I would love any characters actually, anything that gave the true children of Chaos more of a narrative presence.

Id love for Beasts of Chaos to get their dues and believe every Faction deserves a character. BOC, Mawtribes, Flesh Eater Courts all are without. Id include Sons of Behemat but a little bird has me all excited at the future coming to us...

snl-excited.gif

• Like 2

Risking a double post (sorry, catching up on the thread after work!), I just want to say that I'm quite excited for HH - I don't know yet if I'll get the box, at least immediately, but it has biggest chance of being something miniature-related (sans BL novels) I splurge on in a while. I'm still holding hope for Chorfs or at least Hashuites proper in AoS, and I can wait!! Sorry friends, but I'm team ride or die with chaos Duardin 😂

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Risking a double post (sorry, catching up on the thread after work!), I just want to say that I'm quite excited for HH - I don't know yet if I'll get the box, at least immediately, but it has biggest chance of being something miniature-related (sans BL novels) I splurge on in a while. I'm still holding hope for Chorfs or at least Hashuites proper in AoS, and I can wait!! Sorry friends, but I'm team ride or die with chaos Duardin 😂

Keep that dream alive mate, I waited over 20 years for a Giant army and look what happend!!

• LOVE IT! 1

The following info is unverified and relayed to me in text form

Spiterider lancers - 225 for 3

3 wounds
Save 4+
Bravery 6
16” move
Lance/2/3+/3+/-1/2 - extra rend and damage on charge
Fangs and claws/2/3+/3+/-1/d3
Poison sting/1/2+/2+/-1/d6, d6MW on hit of 6

180 for alternative build, fight worse, but resurrect d3 models or heal d6 wounds
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

40 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

3 wounds
Save 4+
Bravery 6
16” move

180 for alternative build, fight worse, but resurrect d3 models or heal d6 wounds

They look good, but kinda weird. Plague drones used to be similar with three different attack profiles: the sword, mouth, and stinger. They trimmed then down in the 3rd edition book so they only have a single profile with a lot more attacks. Why would they simplify the drones so hard and then come out with another unit with the exact same concept and give them the old school super complicated profile? Just seems really backwards. Well... I guess it is GW so maybe that makes it even more likely. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

They look good, but kinda weird. Plague drones used to be similar with three different attack profiles: the sword, mouth, and stinger. They trimmed then down in the 3rd edition book so they only have a single profile with a lot more attacks. Why would they simplify the drones so hard and then come out with another unit with the exact same concept and give them the old school super complicated profile? Just seems really backwards. Well... I guess it is GW so maybe that makes it even more likely. 

Why would you take out most of CAs from warscrolls but then you let all dok mantain theirs?

GW is unpredictable

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, maitremage said:

It seems not very expensive if in charge we have 2/3+/3+/-2/3 (as it is suggested) and I find the poison sting quite weird and maybe frustrating for both players…

It's a good hammer but 9W and 4+ save for 225 pts is very fragile.

Morsarr Guard do less damage but are more resilient (4W each) and cheaper (195pts).

Annihilators with Grandhammers do more damage on the charge and can stay in reserve so they don't get shot.

And Stormdrake guard do the same amount of damage but have more wound and a better save (i'm comparing values per point, not absolute), plus shooting and more.

We'll see with the full rulebook but they seem quite balanced atm (and the other variant will do ~30% damage less for 20% less points, that could be very good if the healing in at the end of the turn and not in the hero phase).

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

how can u say they seems pretty balanced? xD

they do like 50% more dmg than morsar per example for only like 30p more. and only have 3 wounds less with higher move.

who cares about squishy when they are inmune to shotting behind trees and will charge always moving 16", and will delete the charged unit usually. only worry are units who atack first or magic.

not saying they be total op, but if eels were spamed prior this tome.. dont see any reason to not see those bugs being spamed too since they are far better than eels

3 hours ago, Sahrial said:

3 wounds
Save 4+
Bravery 6
16” move

Just a warning that this info came from 4chan, so take it with a extra grain of salt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arzalyn said:

Just a warning that this info came from 4chan, so take it with a extra grain of salt.

Super real and why I added the unverified disclaimer. I’m taking it as speculation until proven otherwise, but hoping someone here could prove or disprove.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ledgington said:

There’s a week of aelf fiction on black library this week. Including a Kurnothi short story 

423BB4C2-7193-4F49-9466-C0167D656DF9.jpeg

I've never heard of most of those writers. This is something I'm very happy to see. There's only so much the likes of Guy Haley and Darius Hinks can do and there's always a chance we will uncover the next great Warhammer author. 

I'm still waiting for a full Evan Dicken novel. Everything I've read of his so far has been great. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Sahrial said:

3 wounds
Save 4+
Bravery 6
16” move

Imo, horrible profile. They remind me about Fulminators and that's a bad omen.