The Rumour Thread

33 minutes ago, Spiky Norman said:

Well, it is 40k Open Day.*

So that can't come as too much of a disappointment.

*I know some Necromunda and 30k was also revealed, but those are all in-universe games.

Ok, I have to admit that I managed to utterly miss that its "40k Open Day" and not generic "Open Day". Serves me right for not looking at the headers.

On the bright side, the Orlocks look like they are very easy to convert into generic Humans for both AoS and 40k, since they don't have many specific gubbins and a widely usable style (that we do not really have on any existing plastic kits).

• Like 1

Agreed about Orlocks being great AOS conversion material.  The long cloaks makes me think about a port city or trading post with harsh weather, maybe working as smugglers under the stormcasts' noses or as grunts alongside Aelven slavers/raiders.

Another idea I'm more likely to pursue myself would be to use them as an apprentice unit under wiser Duardin engineers and master-gunners in the Ironweld Arsenal. Maybe arm them with homemade-looking muskets or something like that. 

Unrelated - Any more info on Gotrek? Does it fit with his fluff for him to emerge as a Demi-God? Are there other Demi-Gods in the setting that he'd be in line with or we have hints that we might be able to expect also to emerge within the narrative arc soon?

44 minutes ago, Rungi said:

Unrelated - Any more info on Gotrek? Does it fit with his fluff for him to emerge as a Demi-God? Are there other Demi-Gods in the setting that he'd be in line with or we have hints that we might be able to expect also to emerge within the narrative arc soon?

Sigmar's Pantheon was founded with demigods in it and I think Archaon has been called one before.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2017 at 6:16 AM, Sheriff said:

Maybe shadespire would be better. Even if he's just playing soldiers with the models I'll be happy. 

Truth is that its ME that wants hero quest. 

My 9-year old step-daughter said earlier this year that she wanted to play and paint a Deathrattle army, but now she is telling me that I can paint it for her.  This is in spite of the fact that I'm painting my own Ironjawz and I don't have enough time for that as is!

Kids are tricky that way.  They give you opportunity to get more models, but then cause you to have hobby overload.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, BunkhouseBuster said:

My 9-year old step-daughter said earlier this year that she wanted to play and paint a Deathrattle army, but now she is telling me that I can paint it for her.  This is in spite of the fact that I'm painting my own Ironjawz and I don't have enough time for that as is!

Kids are tricky that way.  They give you opportunity to get more models, but then cause you to have hobby overload.

Good job it's not my kid then! My brother can paint his models :D

• Haha 1

As this is a "Rumour Thread" I think a bit of insider info wouldn't go a miss. I know a salesperson who visited the Games Workshop mould shop within the last few months. I know, within a level on certainty, that GW are investing in adding about 50% of the amount of mould machines they're using towards the end of this year / start of next year, which required expanding their entire workshop. These things take time, but it's coming close to completion. If I were a smart man, looking at the timing and supposed "new releases" I keep hearing in here, it's worth a fair guess that they're getting ready to churn out heavy amounts of models, both old and new.

Games Workshop have increased in value significantly the last few years due to their new approach on marketing, new 40k edition and AoS -  moreso than they anticipated. They've been playing catchup ever since, but it looks like they're close to being able to keep up. There's a lot of lines that need moulding, and more machines will help significantly, I imagine. Take all of this with a grain of salt, but it says a lot about the stock issues and delay on new AoS release.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

48 minutes ago, Siorra said:

As this is a "Rumour Thread" I think a bit of insider info wouldn't go a miss. I know a salesperson who visited the Games Workshop mould shop within the last few months. I know, within a level on certainty, that GW are investing in adding about 50% of the amount of mould machines they're using towards the end of this year / start of next year, which required expanding their entire workshop. These things take time, but it's coming close to completion. If I were a smart man, looking at the timing and supposed "new releases" I keep hearing in here, it's worth a fair guess that they're getting ready to churn out heavy amounts of models, both old and new.

That fits into the stories that have been told to the USA sales team that the reason there are so many products not available is that the factory upgrades have lowered current capacity!

Edited by Uveron

For several of the last few years, the Advent Calendar has included both eBook and MP3 audio dramas, and this year is no different – except that there are more audio dramas than ever before! This time around, no fewer than 10 of the 24 stories are full-cast audio adventures, complete with music and sound effects. We can reveal that three of these are Primarchs stories (of which only two are, strictly speaking, about primarchs…), and three are set in the haunted depths of the Mirrored City of Shadespire.

Of the remaining four audio dramas, let’s just say that two feature big names from the Warhammer 40,000 universe, and the other two both star the same character from a lesser-known Space Marines Chapter, in two very different stories.

What of the 14 eBook Quick Reads? Well, there are five from the Mortal Realms, including tie-ins to several existing and forthcoming novels, such as a new tale of Hamilcar Bear-Eater and a sneak peek at what David Annandale has planned for Neferata…

The Dark Imperium plays host to four of the Quick Reads, covering such treats as a last stand of Adeptus Astartes, a look at the Cadians in the wake their planet’s destruction, and a tale of the Ynnari by Gav Thorpe.

Lastly, there are five Horus Heresy stories, each set in and around the Imperial Palace in the last days, weeks and months before the arrival of Horus. Each covers a very different set of characters – including the Imperial Fists, Custodians, Malcador and, dare we say it, the Emperor Himself – but they all share common themes and set the mood on Terra as the clock counts down…

As you can see, there’s plenty for everyone to enjoy in this year’s Black Library Advent Calendar, with more action, drama and excitement than you can shake a tainted axe at, as well as explorations of some settings and ideas that Black LIbrary have never ventured into before – it’s sure to be an exciting month.

BLAdvent-Subscription2hfe.jpg

As with previous years, you’ll be able to buy each story separately, but if you want them all – and want to save a Land Raider-load of money in the process – you’ll also be able to subscribe to the entire Advent Calendar, getting you instant access to each new story every morning, and at a single great price. Come back on Friday to find out more about that, and to see what the first story is. Here’s a hint: it involves a well-known warrior with a penchant for a particular metal and a bit of a rivalry with some guys who like the colour yellow…

• Like 1