The Rumour Thread

December’s new release announcement is just another kick in the teeth to AOS players.

We get one new model, that we already have a model for, for the largest army already.

meanwhile 40k sees 11 new models and 2 more books. 

Just say it GW. AOS is an afterthought. 

If next year actually has any releases for AOS( main game, not one of the 12 alternatives) how much of you player base are you going to lose in the meantime. I think I’m about to just put it down. Sick of the disappointment. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Soldier of decay said:

December’s new release announcement is just another kick in the teeth to AOS players.

We get one new model, that we already have a model for, for the largest army already.

If next year actually has any releases for AOS( main game, not one of the 12 alternatives) how much of you player base are you going to lose in the meantime. I think I’m about to just put it down. Sick of the disappointment. 

Do not despair ! (Nurgle loves you ;) )

I'm also quite sad we don't get many release, but the first AoS year was brilliant. The end of 2016 was too, and I am sure the start of 2018 will be awesome ! Keep the faith until January !

14 minutes ago, Soldier of decay said:

40k will always have the focus because 40k always sells. better. People seem to dig the sci fantasy more than just fantasy,

Edited by stratigo

2 hours ago, Soldier of decay said:

I can see where you're coming from, but GW was very upfront about this year being 40k focused (we did get more AoS last year in comparison to 40k) with it being an anniversary year and a massive rules update.  They have also said that we've got a load of stuff coming next year.  The Easy Build kits are also intended for new or younger players as a cost-effective way of getting into the hobby - we have Start Collecting and Warband boxes that fill a similar role (but generally with more model options).  If you put them to one side there are only three model releases for 40k and the promised 2 Codexes

The thing is that we're all largely in the same boat as each other, so we all feel your frustration - but I'm fairly sure it will improve

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

This community member says he likes the new Stormcast model and thanks very much GW!

3 minutes ago, Trayanee said:

Another community member would actually be quite happy with yet another stormcast chamber.

And this community member doesn't mind the new SC here, but certainly would love a third Slaughterpriest model!:D

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 3

I mean, I'm excited for the new SC model, but yeah, we need a bit more diverse love in the Mortal Realms. That article mentioned that there would be more previews on Saturday, with one in particular being very exciting. 

Could be 40k, or anything else for that matter...I am cautiously optimistic that it will be something fun for AOS.

I`m also a bit disappointed by just one hero and then it is also Stormcast hero. It is not that I don´t want SCE to get new models. If they would also release models for other factions at the same time I wouldn't say anything against SCE releases. But because of the lack of overall releases for AoS it often seems like their whole production budget is first put into 40k, then into AoS and after that  most of the budget for AoS is put into Stormcast Eternals.  I really hope that they have new releases for all grand alliances in the new year.

I cross my fingers for Destruction and Death.

Edited by Infeston

Lot's of similar comments on the official AoS Facebook page as you'd expect, but more than a few times GW has replied with "We've lots and lots lined up for all the Grand Alliances in 2018". Read into that what you will but I think next year should be what 2017 has been for 40k (okay maybe not quite as big but still...).

Putting aside the issue of which faction is getting attention for a moment... am I the only one that thinks this new model's proportions look really off, even moreso than most Stormcast?

Not sure if it's the crouching pose, the size of the sword or what, but he looks more like a duardin with a tiny head than a human to me O.o

This is the one time of year that I don't mind we're getting a 'new Stormcast' model. I mean, it's December, generally we don't expect much in terms of new model releases and the like during December. So a one off Stormcast doesn't fuss me, they're the poster boys, and GW wants to sell models going into Christmas, so makes sense to release a new model that'll sell like hotcakes.

For similar reasons, I'm not super fussed that 40k is getting attention. We already knew that 2 new codexes were coming out for 40k, a little surprising they're getting models, but it is what it is. I think it would've been super nice to see a battletome for a faction that can be bought across 'as is', say Free Peoples, Gutbusters, Greenskinz or something like that, but perhaps that ship has sailed with AoS. 

Perhaps that's just me 'accepting' fate that the back half of 2017 is disappointing, and just accepting it.

As to the actual model. Not really a fan, hoping it comes with a helmet version because the whole brick faced stormcast don't really do it for me. But given it looks like the hair might actually be moulded into the shouldpad, not so sure that's the case.

I can understand the comments about his face/head because it does look very different from previous Stormcast (or previous space marines in fact) but the more I look at it I actually really like it. It's a very interesting face compared what has come before!

Edited by Carnelian

5 minutes ago, Galas said:

I don't have a problem with Stormcast but this is a little... too stock for me to be excited about. It isn't anything you can't do with kithbashing. More Blacktalons and Lord-Aquillors and less "Generic Stormcast Hero 5#"please.

Speaking of Neave Blacktalon, who thinks she'll be getting an independent model release along with her upcoming novel, or am I having too much hope?

9 minutes ago, BrownDog said:

Speaking of Neave Blacktalon, who thinks she'll be getting an independent model release along with her upcoming novel, or am I having too much hope?

I'm sure she will and also become a generic character as well like the LCoD can be a named or generic character.  Knight Zephyros or something like that. Stormcast assassins I believe. 

Untill then I just picked her up off eBay and going to make a knight Venator with her. (:

Edited by Vasshpit

Well, here's a rumour (kind of) for those who might have missed it: at the end of the What's New in December article, GW wrote: "Make sure you come back to Warhammer Community on Saturday for a closer look at these releases and even more reveals – there’s one, in particular, you won’t want to miss".

From memory, wasn't Tzeentch previewed in December last year, saying that Tzaanuary was going to be a great month?

So I'm putting my thin foil hat, crossing my fingers and making the prediction that a new AoS set of models will be announced on Saturday. It's going to be BIG!

Re the new Lord-Celestant:

1) His face reminds me of Meatloaf (the singer). I am not a huge fan of the sculpt, but just to have Meatloaf in my team I might get him.

2) I'm actually looking forward to this new Lord-Celestant's war scroll - seems like he will have more of a defensive focus...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2