The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Umjammerlama said:

RumerEngine_Sep26.jpg

This weeks rumour engine - looks very Imperium not Stormcast.  Maybe be another primarch?

I think this is actually a sculpt embossed on something like a chest-plate. If it were a full three dimensional object, like the front of a chariot or something, you would see the other wing behind the foreground wing. The deep shadows under the neck imply that there is another surface there, it's just that they've edited out the surface this is built into. 

Just my speculation. My guesses come from a back ground in concept art and design - I work in photoshop all day. But I could be totally wrong! :P 

• Like 3

Rumour has it that the new allegiance abilities for chaos and order are rerollable charge roll AOE buff and +1 to wizard unbinding rolls, respectively. Rumour also has it that ratmen are not invited to this party. 

Edited by Sheriff
drastic miscommunication

5 hours ago, Sheriff said:

Rumour has it that the new allegiance abilities for chaos and order are rerollable charge roll AOE buff and +1 to wizard unbinding rolls, respectively. Rumour also has it that ratmen are not invited to this party. 

Might be a joke that went over my head, but let's assume it wasn't:

Ratmen not invited? Might point to a larger united Skaven allegience, perhaps?

1 minute ago, Mayple said:

Might be a joke that went over my head, but let's assume it wasn't:

Ratmen not invited? Might point to a larger united Skaven allegience, perhaps?

Yes, rumour has it that no skaven factions are in this new allegiance, just the main/original chaos god ones. 

It's not new normal allegiance. It's firestorm chaos town allegiance that doesn't include any skaven, brayherd, slaanesh, maybe nurgle (can't remember) and number of smaller whatever factions. The ability is something like reroll charges and +2 bravery to all units near heroes.

And no, skaven, brayherd etc. Don't get any compensation or town allegiance of their own. So even more the reason why I dislike the very idea of firestorm stuff making it into matched play. It should be narrative only (obviously nothing stops people from using points etc. in narrative play).

Edited by angrycontra
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Also - Fleshhound?  Could we finally see a plastic one other than Dreadmaw?

Shadespire.JPG.3e68d651f16159168e3ce0bffc36b0a6.JPG

Isn't it Grizzlemaw?

3 Bloodwarriors + hound seems like a cool warband and not as linear as 3 SCE or 5 Reavers modelwise.

The one in the middle/foreground seems to have some cool hook in his right hand but i might be mistaken. (maybe some GET OVER HERE action coming?)

Edited by Xasz

4 hours ago, Arkiham said:

Interesting architecture and wording.. .

22104597_695938847269578_2182466027705406985_o.jpg

I think just a different design department/strategy especially for the expansion. But personally I do like the style, the old skool gw humour and hope ik becomes fleshed out 'Regimental standard' kind of thing. 

Edited by Kramer

The User Temouloun on War-of-Sigmar:

"I heard a rumor that not one but two Aelves factions are in the production line. One is the Sea/Cthullu we've heard about for a long time and the other one is a female only Aelf cult/group/thing linked to Morathi and with a strong "black" theme. And by heard I mean read, and by rumor I mean a conversation between an employee who has access to the production line and a selected community contributor. You have no reason to believe me but I'm so freaking excited I had to tell."

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2452

Could be nothing but two aelven factions fits the two aelven heroes from Silver Tower.

• Like 2