The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Do you think the Nurgle battlebox could be Nurgle vs Gloomspite Gitz?

Nurgle battlebox is a pretty minor rumor. It's not unlikely, especially since their battletome is the oldest and they sometimes release these boxes alongside battletomes (but not always).  And gloomspite only if they refresh spiderfang. Gloomspite got a battleforce this year, a new SC box a year ago, and Looncurse 2 years ago.  I don't think it would sell that well. They also don't really need any new heroes besides a plastic Scuttleboss.  

But for real, with all the killer GW releases in the last year, and anticipated, who has money for a Pile-of-shame box.. I mean battle box?(much less the time to actually paint it!)   You spend $200 to help GW clear out excess old stock for a couple of new little heroes. I see them as filler/trap

Edited by sorokyl
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Nurgle battlebox is a pretty minor rumor. It's not unlikely, especially since their battletome is the oldest and they sometimes release these boxes alongside battletomes (but not always).  And gloomspite only if they refresh spiderfang. Gloomspite got a battleforce this year, a new SC box a year ago, and Looncurse 2 years ago.  I don't think it would sell that well. They also don't really need any new heroes besides a plastic Scuttleboss.  

But for real, with all the killer GW releases in the last year, and anticipated, who has money for a Pile-of-shame box.. I mean battle box?(much less the time to actually paint it!)   You spend $200 to help GW clear out excess old stock for a couple of new little heroes. I see them as filler/trap

Nurgle Battlebox is a pretty solid rumour. We talked here a few weeks ago.

Battleboxes are a profitable method of GW to update two books at the same time. It is very common and we are receiving 2 or 3 battleboxes every year. All the last battleboxes come with a battletome/codex at the launch or a few months later.

I am utterly blown away by this reveal it is in Greater Demon or Morathi tier for me. I absolutely love it and it nails the buzzard meets Basalisk/Cockatrice aesthetic I was hoping for. I am much more partial towards the special character build but I will be happy to see either on the tabletop. I can only hope the Stormcast reveals will be half as nice as this terror of the skies.

I am a big fan of the Bayou orcs. But I also really want to see someone make a more Nile river themed version of this army with Egyptian Vultures and Nile Crocodiles paint schemes:

egyptian-vulture-5.jpg
nile-crocodile.jpg

Just googled Australian vultures... I think there are a lot of cool possible biomes to draw inspiration from for this army. :D

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

7 hours ago, Chikout said:

Kruelboyz and GW are once again hitting it out of the park!! Kruelboyz are becoming the monster wranglers of AOS with Corpse Rippas, Sluggoths, Sludegrakers and Mirebrute Troggoths.

5 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Do not be so sure though.

Ogors are present...yes?

It would convert sooo well into the wyvern that I know some people wanted, too. Whack the Sludgeraker/Troglodon head on there, add some clawed fingers and maybe a barb on its tail and voila!

You could easily proxy a Bonesplitterz rider for some old-school Savage Orc on Wyvern gimmicks.

FEC could proxy it as a Zombie Dragon or Terrorgheist, perfect for multi-monster lists looking for some variety. This carrion bird would look right at home feasting on their banquets…

As someone else pointed out, it could easily be zombified for Soulblight, too, ideal for Deadwalker or Nulahmian-themed lists. 

Inspiration overloaaaaaaad

• LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, HollowHills said:

I'm feeling 70% confident that there is a Nurgle vs Fec box in October. 

They both had already  a battle box : blightwar and carrion empire. It seems more an educated guess since Nurgle battletome is "the oldest" .

I think that rumored and hinted furnace kings/chaos Duardin have a better chance to hit the scene in october.

40 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Well, I'm expecting one unit more for the Beast-Breakza that it could be a cavalry unit and, one unit more for the Detfspikerz that could be a hero that improves the shooting game.

I'm really wondering about this Cavlary unit. It was described as wolf riders but considering the Corpse Rippa leaks were described as a Hawk and even a Bat at some point makes me believe the Cavlary may be a unit of smaller Gnashtoofs. 

Even without a Cavlary unit this has been a massive release for Warclans, especially considering it as a Subfaction!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm really wondering about this Cavlary unit. It was described as wolf riders but considering the Corpse Rippa leaks were described as a Hawk and even a Bat at some point makes me believe the Cavlary may be a unit of smaller Gnashtoofs. 

Even without a Cavlary unit this has been a massive release for Warclans, especially considering it as a Subfaction!!

The only problem is the absence of battlelines or units that could be conditional battlelines. That's the motive to think we must expect at least one more unit.

• Like 1

Kruleboys do not disappoint. Mouth of Mork looks amazing, Killaboss, too. I‘m a tad sad about the amount of different Killabosses but all in all the boys need a healthy amount of bosses.

As a bonus, you could probably spin a story around the same Killaboss being on foot or riding different monsters. So there is that.

All in all an amazing range. They just have so much layered personality. I get strong „evil fairy“ vibes from them. Truly worthy opponents for a lot of heroes. Maybe it’s finally time to open the cursed city box and hammer the anvil of apotheosis.

• Like 2

I'm just hoping for some more battleline options for Kruleboyz.  Ironjawz and Bonesplitters  have several options each. 

Either a new unit or an option to make the Sloggoth battleline would be great.

That rumour engine with the stakes and the hammer definitely looks like another witch hunter. Maybe we are finally getting our Order of Azyr/Devoted of Sigmar/Dawnbreaker crusades army. 

Alternatively it could be from a new Underworlds warband. We still haven't had a cities of Sigmar warband. 

Edited by Chikout

2 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Looks more like a mason or carpenter tbh - given the stakes, maybe more vampire hunters?

Yeah I was thinking that- looks like a hammerhead, a wrapped blade/cleaver and a line of stakes. The frame of the figure looks human. Could be a Dawnbringer character I get the feeling of someone accompany a baggage train like a blacksmith or something. 

13 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I am utterly blown away by this reveal it is in Greater Demon or Morathi tier for me. I absolutely love it and it nails the buzzard meets Basalisk/Cockatrice aesthetic I was hoping for. I am much more partial towards the special character build but I will be happy to see either on the tabletop. I can only hope the Stormcast reveals will be half as nice as this terror of the skies.

I am a big fan of the Bayou orcs. But I also really want to see someone make a more Nile river themed version of this army with Egyptian Vultures and Nile Crocodiles paint schemes:

egyptian-vulture-5.jpg
nile-crocodile.jpg

Just googled Australian vultures... I think there are a lot of cool possible biomes to draw inspiration from for this army. :D

You may be in luck!! I’m currently modelling an Egyptian themed soul blight army with a ton of spare tomb kings parts and I’ll defo be buying that eagle/vulture to make a proxy zombie dragon or terrorghiest...

• LOVE IT! 1

20 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Looks more like a mason or carpenter tbh - given the stakes, maybe more vampire hunters?

Definitely looks like it could be another Order of Azyr model. Jelsen Darrok from Cursed City and the ven Densts all carry stakes as well. If that is the direction Cities of Sigmar/Dawnbringer Crusades are taking, I'm excited.