The Rumour Thread

22 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Strange question, but will we get a live preview for all the SCE and Kruelboyz minis or will they drop some in a more low key manner?

I'm hoping they would do another Preview. This could be where they show off the Sneak Peeks as well, maybe even announcing the October Chaos Battletome? Kruelboyz and Stormcast release is August so the Preview could wait until Saturday the 31st of July. 

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm hoping they would do another Preview. This could be where they show off the Sneak Peeks as well, maybe even announcing the October Chaos Battletome? Kruelboyz and Stormcast release is August so the Preview could wait until Saturday the 31st of July. 

As much I agree with his swoleness @KingBrodd, in wanting another preview, I don’t think it will happen anytime soon. Things are looking like 40K all day for now.

Just now, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

As much I agree with his swoleness @KingBrodd, in wanting another preview, I don’t think it will happen anytime soon. Things are looking like 40K all day for now.

Yeah mate which honestly, is annoying. I know it's their money maker and all but for a month before and after 9th that was all that GW covered. It feels like Dominion and 3.0s hype rose and fell before it even released. 

• Like 2

Yeah, they'll probably use any yet unseen stormcast and orruk kits as part of the release cycle for their respective battletomes, so we might see previews in the form of community articles leading up to release, but I'm not expecting another full preview show.

Don't know if anyones seen but the new Kill Team reworked datasheets look suprisingly similar to Warcry,

Right down to inflated wounds, X/Y damage weapons, battlefield roles

GW seems to think the Warcry ruleset is definitely worth it with this overhaul

I do wonder though if this means the 'second edition' Warcry rules might be pushed back?

If the rulesets have been imported - and with the way the new kits look, the elements of choice within a 'Killteam' look eerily similar to the equipment choices of Warcry warbands - then one can assume it's the same team.

Excited to see if my suspicions are true and Killteam does get bespoke 'Killteam' boxes - because if so, I would most certainly call the Warcry 2.0 a likely future release and the 'Warband' box model quite certain to return

Edited by Dreddships
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

Don't know if anyones seen but the new Kill Team reworked datasheets look suprisingly similar to Warcry,

I do wonder though if this means the 'second edition' Warcry rules might be pushed back?

If the rulesets have been imported - and with the way the new kits look, the elements of choice within a 'Killteam' look eerily similar to the equipment choices of Warcry warbands - then one can assume it's the same team.

Excited to see if my suspicions are true and Killteam does get bespoke 'Killteam' boxes - because if so, I would most certainly call the Warcry 2.0 a likely future release and the 'Warband' box model quite certain to return

Speaking of when do we think Warcry Season 2 will drop? Next year?

12 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

Yeah, they'll probably use any yet unseen stormcast and orruk kits as part of the release cycle for their respective battletomes, so we might see previews in the form of community articles leading up to release, but I'm not expecting another full preview show.

I'm not sure about that. New Dragons and a new Special Character are a pretty big deal. Also they've been following the 40k 9th roll out pretty much beat for beat and they did a codex preview a few weeks after the launch celebration. 

6 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

on the plus side imagine if the similarity was such that you could play Aos vs 40k.  We used to do it back in 1st ed 40k rogue trader days vs warhammer fantasy.  Messy, very messy, but so much fun.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Nice little tongue in cheek retrospective for AOS, but sadly nothing really noteworthy or new... and overall it is an advert for plus which I am not going to get:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/07/14/lets-look-at-how-far-the-mortal-realms-have-come-since-our-first-battles-in-the-realmgate-wars/

rovwugwziDy0sIq1.jpg
Never forget when Sigmar yeeted the titular Warhammer at Archaon and then retired from fighting.

Edited by Neverchosen

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Yeah mate which honestly, is annoying. I know it's their money maker and all but for a month before and after 9th that was all that GW covered. It feels like Dominion and 3.0s hype rose and fell before it even released. 

I mean to be fair there was a solid 2 weeks with basically no 40k stuff at all. 

• Like 1

Has anyone heard any talk of the spell models from the Malign Sorcery boxed being re-released, either as a complete set, in boxes of three or four, or (doubtful) individually? They're still a big part of the game, as is evidenced by the whole section on new rules for them in the General's Handbook Pitched Battles 2021 volume, but the original box of models isn't available anywhere that I've been able to find it.

13 minutes ago, Christopher Rowe said:

Has anyone heard any talk of the spell models from the Malign Sorcery boxed being re-released, either as a complete set, in boxes of three or four, or (doubtful) individually? They're still a big part of the game, as is evidenced by the whole section on new rules for them in the General's Handbook Pitched Battles 2021 volume, but the original box of models isn't available anywhere that I've been able to find it.

It would make sense to rebox them for 3rd edition. The Soul Wars are over and it would be weird for people to buy old campaign books in order to play the current version of the game.

If they don't get reboxed then it is likely because they will be phasing them out of matched play in 4th edition or GHB 2022.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PJetski said:

It would make sense to rebox them for 3rd edition. The Soul Wars are over and it would be weird for people to buy old campaign books in order to play the current version of the game.

If they don't get reboxed then it is likely because they will be phasing them out of matched play in 4th edition or GHB 2022.

I hope they stay in the game. I think they're pretty cool, even though I've never actually played a game with them.

4 hours ago, Dreddships said:

I hope this is the case. GW is no longer selling physical copies of the Warcry core rules and according to my local GW they will not be restocked. Just getting into the game recently and hope that it continues to be supported.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Warboss Gorbolg said:

I hope this is the case. GW is no longer selling physical copies of the Warcry core rules and according to my local GW they will not be restocked. Just getting into the game recently and hope that it continues to be supported.

I really hope we get a Season 2, the Shadowstalkers are amazing models and the map of Varanthanxs Maw showed off lots of other insignia that would lead to some amazing Warbands. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I really hope we get a Season 2, the Shadowstalkers are amazing models and the map of Varanthanxs Maw showed off lots of other insignia that would lead to some amazing Warbands. 

I actually like Warcry more than AOS proper, but most of my friends prefer the epic scale of 2000 point games. My only personal issue with Warcry was the roll out for supplementary books. I still only have the initial core rules and sometimes have to wrap my head around some of the additional rules. 

There's still the Thousand Sons vs Grey Knight box to show off, the Horus Heresy leak to plug and presumably Imperial Guard/Tyranid codexes somewhere around the third Warzone book's release. I'm guessing the Preview event they reveal (some of) those is when we'll see the rest of the Slimcast/Kruelboyz stuff. 

End of July/start of August is my guess... can't really leave it much later than that if it's meant to be in their Battletomes.

Oh and assuming it's not delayed, the next Underworlds season is usually teased/revealed around early-to-mid August too.

If I had to guess:

End of July Preview:

• Remaining Slimcast/Kruelboyz stuff
  • Thousand Sons vs Grey Knights boxset 
  • Underworlds S5 name reveal
  • Imperial Guard codex OR Tyranid codex/new model
  • Black Templars supplement reveal

August Preview:

• Chaos Battletome reveal
  • Path To Glory expansion book
  • Underworlds S5 reveal
  • Imperial Guard or Tyranid codex reveal
  • Horus Heresy reveal?
  • ME:SBG War in the North reveal?
Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 hours ago, Christopher Rowe said:

It's kinda funny..3 years ago, Notthingham could not produce enough plastic and AoS 2.0 was all about endless spells and terrain from China...

Now, it seems like with the pandemic and Brexit, perhaps they are having the opposite problem (what happened to cursed city??).  

I don't know if the molds used in China for endless spells work on the UK tooling..or even if they are struggling to get more sprues from china, just something to consider.  

Either way, they can't be released individually, it would have to be 1 sprue at minimum which for most is multiple endless spells..   but they for sure have doubled down on them in 3.0 so I guess they'll find some way to produce and productize them going forward. 

Also maybe we don't get another big preview before the battletomes. The dragons will be released with battletome: stormcast extremis or the 6th stormcast Eternals battletome 4 months after the 5th! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

There's still the Thousand Sons vs Grey Knight box to show off, the Horus Heresy leak to plug and presumably Imperial Guard/Tyranid codexes somewhere around the third Warzone book's release. I'm guessing the Preview event they reveal (some of) those is when we'll see the rest of the Slimcast/Kruelboyz stuff. 

End of July/start of August is my guess... can't really leave it much later than that if it's meant to be in their Battletomes.

Oh and assuming it's not delayed, the next Underworlds season is usually teased/revealed around early-to-mid August too.

If I had to guess:

End of July Preview:

August Preview:

• Underworlds S5 reveal
  • Horus Heresy reveal?

Yes, yes and yes I would love this order of events!!

Looking forward to hopefully some new Tyranids and would love to see what the War in the North will bring to the table model wise. 

Very excited for Underworlds this season, I just love the look of the Warbands. 

What Warbands are we thinking will be present this Season? I'm guessing Kruelboyz for Destruction.

4 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

If I had to guess:

End of July Preview:

August Preview:

• Underworlds S5 reveal
  • Horus Heresy reveal?

There are no Astra Militarum and Tyranids codices planned for a long time (I'm less sure about Tyranids but anyway, certainly not by the start of the school year).

i honestly not sure what the Black templar tease is going to lead into, could be they are elevating them into an official marine chapter army or something smaller. honestly surprise that they would do them before Imperial Fist but I know they have their dedicated fanbase

53 minutes ago, novakai said:

i honestly not sure what the Black templar tease is going to lead into, could be they are elevating them into an official marine chapter army or something smaller. honestly surprise that they would do them before Imperial Fist but I know they have their dedicated fanbase

They had their own codex once upon a time

1 hour ago, novakai said:

My guess is it will link in with the black templar animation. The lead character in the show will most likely get a model and rules

8 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

If I had to guess:

End of July Preview:

August Preview:

• Underworlds S5 reveal
  • Horus Heresy reveal?

Everything you said sounds pretty solid and extremely plausible, but since it was not Malerion Aelves, Chaos Dwarves or Dark Mechanicum I shall instead refuse to acknowledge your theory in favour of geeky denial. 

In all reality I think this is a really good list... I guess my only question is whether or not a new dual box could be in the cards for AOS alongside the Chaos announcement or is it still too early in 3.0? 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2