The Rumour Thread

That literally will not happen - Thunderstrike is just a different aesthetic, like Sacrosanct was, like Vanguard was. They're armour types like the SM armour Marks, gravis armour, reiver etc. Other than, they're just going through the archetypical standard armaments - sword & shield, hammer & shield, two-handed sword/axe/hammer/glaive/staves, spear & shield, mace & shield, halberds, etc. Nothing surprising about any of that. Pretty sure the only weapon not covered by SCE from original WHFB is the flail! 

'Primaris' are just the 'true-scales' marines everyone said they wanted. 'Oldcast' is going nowhere.

Hopefully the new books makes the old models good - like how StD made the Marauders good, one of the most dated kits in their entire range (even when they're like 8+ warbands of Chaos cultists that could have taken their place) and Seraphon made the resin Salamander really good, or how loads of people buy lots of Skinks. The profit margins on those sprues (that cost them literal pennies each) must be wild since the tooling would have been paid off years and years ago.

New kruleboyz story was really good, the Orruk was really well written. 

Edited by Starfyre
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Maybe this thunderstrike is an experiment to see if they can boost Stormcasts popularity with a lighter design...
Idk but i heard many people that hated them now liking the new approach and even buying some.
Still the best thing of these new stormcasts is the "life" you can grasp in these models...less "anonymous", with better poses and new interesting options(sadly the first wave lacked this).
The only "part" that still takes complain are the  masks but this time gw worked more on them and some masks are really gorgeous(i like them though even the old ones, while i see a great deal of untapped potential).
The last step left is to differentiate some stormhosts like sm chapter "aesthetically wise"....and put out some special characters not from the hammers of Sigmar.

• Like 1

Reminder that 'old' marines outperformed Primaris for practically the majority of 8th...

Tier S armies were practically 0 Primaris.

Or Judicators, some of the first SCE models, outperforming Vanguard and Sanosact...

New models VERY rarely mean better rules.

GW has a fairly good track record recently of newer models having quite the opposite really?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Add in the Total War FLC and there’s nothing but good times ahead.

With the first Chaos Battletome in October I think we can expect the first Death in December, Order in February then maybe Ogor Mawtribes in April!!

9 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

With the first Chaos Battletome in October I think we can expect the first Death in December, Order in February then maybe Ogor Mawtribes in April!!

Hope this time around instead of terrain and endless spells they come with monsters, different types matching the army they represent, like not all big centrepieces if it’s not needed.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Add in the Total War FLC and there’s nothing but good times ahead.

the mercs being part of the final FLC in 2 make me believe Ogres MIGHT be the preorder faction for 3? however, Ogres would be an instant purchase for so many players that I feel like GW/CA might make the preorder hobgoblins, to get the money from Ogres being the first DLC pack for 3

• Like 1

Does it seem like KBoyz have a high number of centrepiece types to anyone else? Mounted types.

Breaka-boss, Raker-rider, TBA fly-guy gives 3 mounted big monster things. Howdah guess also feels like a centrepiece contender, maybe just due to how "striking" it is.
Gnashtooth is no small mini and is also a mounted hero you'd consider a centrepiece in other armies.

Meanwhile they've got what, one troop type unit only so far, the Gutrippaz. Nothing else is battleline on warscroll builder.

They do seem to lean very monster heavy, yeah.

But since the only battle line this far is gutrippaz and they’re both expensive points-wise and large units, currently the default Kruleboy army is gonna always have a big infantry pile and I’m not sure how many of the cool monsters we’ll even be able to fit in.

25 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

Does it seem like KBoyz have a high number of centrepiece types to anyone else? Mounted types.

Breaka-boss, Raker-rider, TBA fly-guy gives 3 mounted big monster things. Howdah guess also feels like a centrepiece contender, maybe just due to how "striking" it is.
Gnashtooth is no small mini and is also a mounted hero you'd consider a centrepiece in other armies.

Meanwhile they've got what, one troop type unit only so far, the Gutrippaz. Nothing else is battleline on warscroll builder.

Wait for the book. It's realy strange to see an army like Kruleboyz with just one battleline.

9 hours ago, alghero81 said:

Hope this time around instead of terrain and endless spells they come with monsters, different types matching the army they represent, like not all big centrepieces if it’s not needed.

44 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

29 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

They do seem to lean very monster heavy, yeah.

But since the only battle line this far is gutrippaz and they’re both expensive points-wise and large units, currently the default Kruleboy army is gonna always have a big infantry pile and I’m not sure how many of the cool monsters we’ll even be able to fit in.

I have a feeling there will be one more Kruelboyz Orruk battleline and one more Hobgrot unit alongside Gobsprakk and his generic build. 

• Like 1

I think the kind of mounted troggoth kits are not going to be that huge in terms of size, certainly the one on all fours with the grot howdah seems more like a chariot-sized piece than a big centerpiece.  My guess would be the sludge-raker builds serving as the main 'big kit,' for the range, and the vulture thing will be more of a mid-sized monster.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

I think the kind of mounted troggoth kits are not going to be that huge in terms of size, certainly the one on all fours with the grot howdah seems more like a chariot-sized piece than a big centerpiece.  My guess would be the sludge-raker builds serving as the main 'big kit,' for the range, and the vulture thing will be more of a mid-sized monster.

The Mirebrute troggoth seems pretty large tho.