The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

I'd be shocked to see a Mawtribes Battletome, their current one really isn't THAT old. I do however believe Nurgle and BoC are likely to get one pretty soon.

I think this makes sense if Mawtribes also get new models. Otherwise, I agree they don't really need a new tome, their old tome seems to be working fine.

Maybe GW thinks it does not work as intended anymore in AoS 3, though? Although if that is what gets you a battletome, OBR should probably be the first in line.

2 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

This is a legitimate concern of mine. I went all in on Nighthaunt in the last starter and they didnt age well through 2nd. As I'm going all in on Krulez this is once again a fear. 

That being said Im not an overly competitive player so having a gorgeous army of models I really appreciate is more what I'm after. Would be nice to stomp my opponent into the ground every once in awhile though as well. Heh. 

I agree I'm all about the models myself.

1 hour ago, BaylorCorvette said:

I'd be shocked to see a Mawtribes Battletome, their current one really isn't THAT old. I do however believe Nurgle and BoC are likely to get one pretty soon.

Granted it is under 2 years old but there are rumours there is a range refresh coming and perhaps they're getting a bunch of new models and want to start 3.0 strong for Destruction. 

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I think this makes sense if Mawtribes also get new models. Otherwise, I agree they don't really need a new tome, their old tome seems to be working fine.

Maybe GW thinks it does not work as intended anymore in AoS 3, though? Although if that is what gets you a battletome, OBR should probably be the first in line.

People have noticed a problem with the Gluttons now with whatever new rules have been shown off (I dont play the game so I'm no expert on this side of the hobby) so perhaps this fixes that and more importantly* Mawtribes could be getting new models like you said alongside their range refresh!!

*For me personally.

I have a strong feeling everyone will get at least *one* model with their battletomes! 40K has! And I could easily see 4 non order times, since no order times are desperately old(in fact some are the newest!) other than dwarves which are rumoured to be souped anyhow, so I could see them being the fifth tome and first new one! 

1 minute ago, Deakz28 said:

I have a strong feeling everyone will get at least *one* model with their battletomes! 40K has! And I could easily see 4 non order times, since no order times are desperately old(in fact some are the newest!) other than dwarves which are rumoured to be souped anyhow, so I could see them being the fifth tome and first new one! 

Would be a great way to start off the Edition, 3/4 Destruction tomes updated alongside BOC would go a long way to show this really is the Era of the Beast.

Duardin to follow straight after would be icing on the cake. 

• Like 4

Here's a thought I had:

I have seen people refer to AoS 3 as the "monster edition", being set in Ghur, with a focus on MONSTER units and Destruction factions. But does it seem anyone else that we might actually just be on the "monster GHB"?

I could well be wrong, but I think by limiting themselves to just the realm of Ghur in this GHB, GW seems primed to introduce "seasons" into AoS, kind of like the blocks that Magic: The Gathering has. Each season could be taking us to a different realm with themed rules and battleplans. 2021 can be set in Ghur and be all about monsters, then 2022 can move to Ulgu as the story progresses with rules focussing on wizards or whatever.

This would have the advantage of justifying the continued existence of the GHB: You are not just buying it for the new points, you are getting that season's rules! It would also mix up faction viability every year by tweaking what units are valuable that season, which would create online buzz and might make people buy new models

• Like 10

52 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Here's a thought I had:

I have seen people refer to AoS 3 as the "monster edition", being set in Ghur, with a focus on MONSTER units and Destruction factions. But does it seem anyone else that we might actually just be on the "monster GHB"?

I could well be wrong, but I think by limiting themselves to just the realm of Ghur in this GHB, GW seems primed to introduce "seasons" into AoS, kind of like the blocks that Magic: The Gathering has. Each season could be taking us to a different realm with themed rules and battleplans. 2021 can be set in Ghur and be all about monsters, then 2022 can move to Ulgu as the story progresses with rules focussing on wizards or whatever.

This would have the advantage of justifying the continued existence of the GHB: You are not just buying it for the new points, you are getting that season's rules! It would also mix up faction viability every year by tweaking what units are valuable that season, which would create online buzz and might make people buy new models

depends because people are not always pivy to a constant yearly changes, people may not get their monster ready until the next GHB and then losing that focus would just be feels bad

and it could just be that GW season are actually their 3 year cycle and the next edition is the new realm focus.

• Like 5

So I finally did it and chomped on Dominion*, now I am more excited about rumours regarding the two principal factions. Are we still stuck with the vague rumours of wolves for Kruel Boyz and something draconic for SCE?

I am still holding out hope for the idea of Stormcast Pegasus Knights. Beyond that I have heard more rumours regarding the next series of battle tome releases than I have about the two armies we are getting currently. 

*Dwarf soup you were too beautiful for my collection 😭

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deakz28 said:

I would hope for more than one after no new kits for 3+ years! Seeing everyone get their battlebox and hero was sad.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Here's a thought I had:

I wouldn't be surprised if they release some narrative focused books with rules for some realms with the matched play rules for that realm included. If they keep it in the GHB alone it would take us 7 years to finish all the realms, if they keep releasing one GHB per year.

18 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

So I finally did it and chomped on Dominion*, now I am more excited about rumours regarding the two principal factions. Are we still stuck with the vague rumours of wolves for Kruel Boyz and something draconic for SCE?

I am still holding out hope for the idea of Stormcast Pegasus Knights. Beyond that I have heard more rumours regarding the next series of battle tome releases than I have about the two armies we are getting currently. 

*Dwarf soup you were too beautiful for my collection 😭

Nothing new that I've heard mate. It's a pretty safe bet that both SCE and Kruelboyz whole ranges will be shown off this weekend so not long at all to wait!!

• LOVE IT! 2

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Here's a thought I had:

That's definitely what is happening. I read or heard somewhere that GW confirmed this maybe in some article or stream or something but I haven't seen it first hand. 
Each year the GHB will focus on a different realm. I suspect next year is Ulgu (+ Malerion) and the year after is Azyr invasion (or perhaps Chamon but haven't seen/heard any rumors to suggest that). 
Then we're at AOS 4.0 (Maybe the bad guys destroy Azyr so we don't have to put up with another SCE box set)

>>justifying the continued existence of the GHB: You are not just buying it for the new points
They already split the rules and points into separate books so that they can release them separately. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Nothing new that I've heard mate. It's a pretty safe bet that both SCE and Kruelboyz whole ranges will be shown off this weekend so not long at all to wait!!

I’m not sure it’s that safe a bet. The Indomitus equivalent reveal was only the Monolith and a SM tank, the codexes, and some teases of models for other factions. I’m not sure I’d get my hopes up for whole range reveals. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, zamerion said:

Isn't it weird they didn't upload an article on what to expect in Saturday's preview? It is a typical Monday article saying how big it will be and the schedule

You need a preview of the.... preview? They've already said when it would be, but they typically don't really spoil anything ahead of time. But then again, we know quite well what to expect.

16 minutes ago, Still-young said:

I’m not sure it’s that safe a bet. The Indomitus equivalent reveal was only the Monolith and a SM tank, the codexes, and some teases of models for other factions. I’m not sure I’d get my hopes up for whole range reveals. 

I think there was a separate Codex Show on September 12th that showed off the full ranges, plus a more detailed look at the roadmap of future codices. I think we might get that later in July. GW ended up releasing some of the planned 40k codices several months later than their roadmap, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't commit to dates this time around.

Edited by EnumaEilish

19 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Last I heard Kruleboyz were #gatorgang with a side order of a bat like monster with a scorpions tail/AOS vultures. Wolves would be nice as well.

I love the gator speculation but I hadn't realized they were legit rumours?

That is really exciting 😄

I am greatly looking forward to the weekend to have so many of my hopes dashed. 

11 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

Knowing GW it'll probably be a very loose interpretation of a Gator. But if it looks anything as good as the beast that boss is riding it will be amazing.

The good Ole Whitefang react means you're on to something. Anything gator like would be appreciated. #gatorgang

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Last I heard Kruleboyz were #gatorgang with a side order of a bat like monster with a scorpions tail/AOS vultures. Wolves would be nice as well.

1 hour ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Y'all got anymore of those Gator rumours? 

Anything. How many teeth it has, what's the circumference of the centre most scale on its head. What shade of green can it be. Anything, I'm famished. 

12 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

The good Ole Whitefang react means you're on to something. Anything gator like would be appreciated. #gatorgang

I'm not sure what type of Gator I'd prefer!! A quadruped monster as a big as a Stardrake? A bipedal Gator Gargant? I'm hoping for a Stegadon style Gator with a Howdah dripping with Kruelboyz!!