The Rumour Thread

12 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Dwarfcast grudgeternal incoming lads!

At least we will dine with a soup spiced up with ancestors and tradition :) .

We finally get why Grungni ws so busy making stormcast instead of helping his own people.  It was practice! 
Now that he has refined the process he can start reforging duardin, No memory loss for this guys, no dwarf would forget his grudges!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

8 hours ago, Doko said:

Again sorry for not use spoiler window but i found some bits of the whitedwarf 

Spoilers ahead of last white dwarf

A few select paragraphs...

" The substance he hammered against his anvil was formless and ephemeral, and yet was harder in its own way than sigmarite or celestite. It was the Legend of the White-Bearded Ancestor, the accumulated stories and lore of all the duardin peoples. It resisted shaping, but he was Grungni the Maker. He could work any material, if given enough centuries to work at it in peace. "

" ‘The duardin have become strong through their trials. As I had always trusted that they would. But they have also become divided. It’s time for them to feel my hand again, to remake that which was once whole. But we duardin aren’t so quick to forgive a wrong done to us, and the wrong I did to them was great indeed. The centuries that have passed since the Age of Myth have been too long and bloody for them to follow me again, and Grimnir is not yet ready to return. There’s only one thing they all share in common, one duardin who can unite them all.’ "

Wait where is this from?  Is he reshaping the white dwarf??

7 minutes ago, Feii said:

It's from White Dwarf. The past 6 issues have each had an excellent short story in, each relating to a diffrent aspect of the duardin race. 

The last one was Grungi travelling across the mortal realms watching his children and talking to other gods (Sigmar, Tyrion, Nagash) before unveiling what he's been doing all these years. 

I hope they do more things like this, it's been the first thing I've turned to in every issue. 

1 minute ago, Ogregut said:

It's from White Dwarf. The past 6 issues have each had an excellent short story in, each relating to a diffrent aspect of the duardin race. 

The last one was Grungi travelling across the mortal realms watching his children and talking to other gods (Sigmar, Tyrion, Nagash) before unveiling what he's been doing all these years. 

I hope they do more things like this, it's been the first thing I've turned to in every issue. 

I have read some of them, the last one was with gotrek clearing some tombs with the WD. 

8 minutes ago, Feii said:

its from the latest WD short story.. I have to say I caved and bought WD for the first time in years just for this short story and I wasn't disappointed. Its a great read in terms of both the quality of the writing and the story itself. In terms of the future of dwarfs I am HYPED!

15 hours ago, Doko said:

I dont know how put the spoiler window so i gonna alert.

SPOILER of last white dwarf next......

Last white dwarf have told us that grugnir have reforged(revived) to grombrindal.

And he have done so grombrindal gonna be who gather together every dwarf race in a same army all together.

And he have told us the reason from lore to do it:

Fyreslayers: was a huge surprise but he told us that grinnir is alive but isnt ready to come back yet,so in place of his brother he gonna help them.

Kharadrons: he know that dwarfs dont forget grudges and he got a huge grudge when he left alone to the kharadrons in the era of khaos,this is the reason that he revived to grombrindral,because they wont follow him(grugnir due to grudges), but they gonna follow to the white dwarf.

So i think is 100% for sure we gonna get a next dwarf soup tome with the new mini of grombrindall and kharadrons and fureslayers togethers,i hope dispossesseed and ironweld too but they havent said anything of them in the history.

As dwarf player im veeeery happy and i cant wait to know more

Yeah I loved the story, how the different factions were depicted and also how Grungni was depicted . 

14 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Grungni has hidden a lot of ancestor spirits away from Nagash for purpose unknown

Yes this was interesting Nagash couldn't reach the Duardin Underworlds and knew Grungni was up to something..

13 hours ago, King Under the Mountain said:

I got a chance to read the short story and its honestly amazing. 

Hide contents

Pretty much has Grungni wandering the realms near the beginning of the Age of Chaos and interacting with several gods while witnessing everything going to (literal) hell. It's dark and the author did a good job painting the individual scenarios with such limited space.  He talks with Sigmar as he watches the Fyreslayers slowly losing a siege.  He meets up with Tyrion after the big disaster in the realm of light while the local Dwarfs evacuate.  Nagash speaks to him through the body of a dead Dwarf (and I do think that the fact Grungni is keeping a realm of Dwarf spirits around is a new reveal).  He witnesses Khorne himself destroy a magical floating city.

But the best part is the end.  Grungni is at the scene for the fall of the biggest Dwarf hold still standing in Chamon and Tzeentch is mutating and transforming the area.  This is the darkest moment and full of despair but Grungni starts to smile.  He looks up and sees his children fleeing in custom endrin ships, something he never created.  His children have finally surpassed him.  There is still hope. 

God I loved Dwarfs and especially Kharadron.  Gave me goose bumps to read. 

Yeah the whole depiction was excellent I thought.

10 hours ago, Noserenda said:

I think its worth mentioning that the places Grungi goes in the last story are all related to the ones in the previous 5 stories too, several of the characters are direct ancestors too ;)

Its such a great piece of writing -I haven't read the earlier stories but id be really hopeful the set will get published.

I don't worry about Fyreslayers or KO losing their identity, I think its just for this edition they won't get much of a model edition - GW are going to concentrate on the renewed dwarf faction and probably chaos dwarfs. They do that well they can come back to KO and Slayers in the next model cycle. Very excited as to what the future holds for Duardin! 

• Like 4

Fauxhammer just posted the last contents of the MR magazine.

Issue 79/80 has the sprues for the Celestant Prime. It isn't with the base (that's in an issue with a Mortis Engine base in 78)

For those who are in the UK, the issues will set ya back ~£16, so if you're after a cheap centrepiece at more than half the price, grab it whilst its hot

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

Fauxhammer just posted the last contents of the MR magazine.

Issue 79/80 has the sprues for the Celestant Prime. It isn't with the base (that's in an issue with a Mortis Engine base in 78)

For those who are in the UK, the issues will set ya back ~£16, so if you're after a cheap centrepiece at more than half the price, grab it whilst its hot

you don't have the base as the correct round shape but you still get the swirly things right? 

Spoiler
9 hours ago, Doko said:

" The substance he hammered against his anvil was formless and ephemeral, and yet was harder in its own way than sigmarite or celestite. It was the Legend of the White-Bearded Ancestor, the accumulated stories and lore of all the duardin peoples. It resisted shaping, but he was Grungni the Maker. He could work any material, if given enough centuries to work at it in peace. "

" ‘The duardin have become strong through their trials. As I had always trusted that they would. But they have also become divided. It’s time for them to feel my hand again, to remake that which was once whole. But we duardin aren’t so quick to forgive a wrong done to us, and the wrong I did to them was great indeed. The centuries that have passed since the Age of Myth have been too long and bloody for them to follow me again, and Grimnir is not yet ready to return. There’s only one thing they all share in common, one duardin who can unite them all.’ "

He doesn't work on reforging dwarfs like SCE are reforged. The snippet literarely says he works on using the legends and myths of the White Bearded Ancestor. Together with the second snipped, that shows why he can't simply lead the reunification of the dwarfs directly, it seems like Grungi works on setting up the White Bearded Ancestor to reunite the Dwarfs. 

He is clearly making Duardin battlemechs infused with spirits of legendary heroes, now with laser beards. It will be a game of knights vs gundams, absolute mechastuntie mayhem.

Could also be fun if it turned out to go wrong and all the duardin ancestor ghosts joined the nighthaunt as little potbelly bedsheets

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I still don't get how Grungni and the whole duardin underworld thing relates to Gazul getting beaten by Nagash though...the gazulzagaz people still adores him as "living" and Grungni never touched the "death aspect" of the pantheon as it was defended and mantained by Gazul...

About battletome:i really doubt we'll see the first two battletomes later this year...imho before the end of july.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

58 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

He is clearly making Duardin battlemechs infused with spirits of legendary heroes, now with laser beards. It will be a game of knights vs gundams, absolute mechastuntie mayhem.

Could also be fun if it turned out to go wrong and all the duardin ancestor ghosts joined the nighthaunt as little potbelly bedsheets

2021-06-01.jpg 👁️‍🗨️👁️‍🗨️👁️‍🗨️

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Feii said:

seems like a knife-eared scheme but OK 

Na- its pure Dawi- reforging a pure element into a fresh form- Grombindal is less Grungni's avatar as he is his son. Honestly its a great story really well written - pure dwarf the whole way through. 

46 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I still don't get how Grungni and the whole duardin underworld thing relates to Gazul getting beaten by Nagash though...the gazulzagaz people still adores him as "living" and Grungni never touched the "death aspect" of the pantheon as it was defended and mantained by Gazul...

About battletome:i really doubt we'll see the first two battletomes later this year...imho before the end of july.

I read it as the Duardin Underworlds, like their holds, were hidden and well defended beyond the reach of Nagash, so therefore intact. Not sure how it relates to Gazul though . 

14 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Na- its pure Dawi- reforging a pure element into a fresh form- Grombindal is less Grungni's avatar as he is his son. Honestly its a great story really well written - pure dwarf the whole way through. 

Intentionally or not it also has a ring of Tolkien to it. As many here know, it was the Valar Aulë the Smith who created the Fathers of the Dwarves*. 

I am actually really liking the story reason for the Duardin soup. I just hope there is enough impetus narratively for people to run their mono Duardin factions. I want some KO to still think uniting is still a terrible idea and some Fyreslayers to think this new guy is pretty dope but he is no Grimnir. 

*With help from Iluvatar giving them true life. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, Draznak said:

It could have matched but it is the leg of a cenobite from the Black Templars chaplain Grimaldus's retinue.

source? I just don;t see why would they be releasing grimaldus atm space marines have had their releases  and other rumour engines point towards eldar/GSC/Orks/TSons

14 minutes ago, Draznak said:

It could have matched but it is the leg of a cenobite from the Black Templars chaplain Grimaldus's retinue.

I’ve heard this rumour, and it’s from such sources with such certainty that it seems like the most true of rumours about the new black Templars, deffo could see this! 

To me this definitely suggests we'll see a Grombrindal centrepiece but not Grungni - no complaints here, minus the whole souping thing.

3 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Studio lore takes precedent over Black Library. Odds are they simply didn't know/didn't care about the existing fluff surrounding Gazul and chose to ignore it. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3