The Rumour Thread

8 hours ago, elfhead said:

So people were upset for days that they wouldn’t be able to buy the dominion box. Then everybody got the box without much problems. A few happy and positive post later people start complaining about warhammer+ 

can we go back to being positive? 

+1

I for one am pretty pleased about the hobby overall :)

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Sowoky said:

Battle boxes aren't the only option for an army update. Honestly that's not usually where they get updated. It's almost always "what excess  junk do we have around  in the warehouse for these two armies?" And include 2 new small, exclusive heroes to move it. 

Usually significant waves are their own thing. 

There was a bit of an abnormal example last year (or year before) where STD got a new start collecting box with new sculpts. I could see that happening for beasts or gutbusters. Better than nothing but those are monopose and don't replace the existing kits.more of a bandaid. 

Oh yeah mate of course I'd rather have the Gloomspite Gits/Lumineth level of treatment for the Mawtribes with all new kits and remakes of almost 17 year old kits. I've posted about the rumoures SC Ogors before and believe that if that is true it will go the STD SC route as well. 

keep in mind there a lot of stuff yet to come that could take most of Q3/Q4 slots like the rest of the SCE/Kruleboyz, the Ork beast Snaggas and that army box, Warhammer underworlds next season, that Horus Hersey box that was leaked a while ago, and anything that they delayed to get AoS 3.0 like the codexes.

If they are doing a 2nd run of dominion it could also ****** up their production cycle

there may not be another Big AoS release until next year or at usual the Christimas preview 

last edition AoS only had BoC release in september and there was nothing really until Gloomspite in january

Not sure if I've just missed it... But has there been any comment/rumour on if/when there will be new battletomes for Stormcast and I guess Orruks?

When indomitus dropped the new space marine codex followed a couple of weeks later if I remember correctly. 

7 minutes ago, Freypal said:

Not sure if I've just missed it... But has there been any comment/rumour on if/when there will be new battletomes for Stormcast and I guess Orruks?

When indomitus dropped the new space marine codex followed a couple of weeks later if I remember correctly. 

they said they will come out eventually

though last year the SM and Necrons codex where not release until late september but also Pandemic so.....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, novakai said:

i doubt both would happen in such a short span, they tend to spread the boxes out and between their game system.

i would only expect them to release only one AoS box after Dominion this year in Q3, and the next one you some time next year after a good amount of BT are release

Didn't say they had to be right after each other , rumour was of the first 6 tomes , so why not a battle box in August /september .and one in October/ November 

Dominion is 3rd July, shouldn't be too long after we get stormcast and warclans. 

Late Aug early sep we get nurgle vs mawtribes  

Late Oct early Nov we get beast vs gloomspite 

The only thing causing doubt it that would be alot of destruction and chaos in 1 year

14 minutes ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

Didn't say they had to be right after each other , rumour was of the first 6 tomes , so why not a battle box in August /september .and one in October/ November 

Dominion is 3rd July, shouldn't be too long after we get stormcast and warclans. 

Late Aug early sep we get nurgle vs mawtribes  

Late Oct early Nov we get beast vs gloomspite 

The only thing causing doubt it that would be alot of destruction and chaos in 1 year

i mean take rumors with a grain of salt and i believe only 4 was every mention in the dodgy 4chan rumor

and those boxes where from two different sources

also there is a lot of pending 40k releases (two big boxes are likely coming out) and recently they just leak the 30K plastic starter box  and they have yet to reveal more SCE and Kruleboyz so it probably not right away after Dominion

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

I’m just happy that if I finally see my shadowy patron god! Other than that I would love for some factions who have been left in the shadows (pun intended) to get the love they deserve! It’s also worth bearing in mind whoever said about battle boxes being split between the two, 40k had piety and pain and we also know the grey knights and t sons was meant to be out before Dominion, which was always a summer release as well, so it shows that they don’t split on a schedule! So there’s no reason to believe AOS wouldn’t also get two boxes within a six month period, but if anyone is hoping for one after another I agree that’s unrealistic as much as itd be awesome :( 

22 minutes ago, Freypal said:

The closest we have where dates given be Grimdark live when they were leaking the Dominion. Their source gave two dates 19 june ~ 3 july (which is the Dominion + 3.0 launch) and them 17 july -  7 august as "relative heavy activity". My guess is that the tomes (and the reamaining kits) will drop on 17 july - 7 august.

• Thanks 1

I think that if there will be a box with the theme of grungni rising it will probably be duardin vs skaven since they have taken over Karak Iron which was made by grungni in chamon.

I haven't read the broken realms book, but in the spear of shadows grungni had a smithy with a entrance in excelsis so that could also be a setting for the box.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

I fully expect battletomes for both to be within a week or two of the Dominion box landing. Unlike Indomitus, which was a confusing messy time for GW, things are bit more stable now so I'd not be expecting a few months wait like Necrons and Marines had last year. Of course we might still get some local shipping issues with some regions getting things later now and then, but I'd expect more normal delivery from here on. Even if the UK goes into another lockdown, we've got to a point where we can keep manufacture going. It would only hit GW if they had a local outbreak. 

2 hours ago, KingKull said:

Would anyone be so kind as to post what the 4chan rumor was about? It seems I'm not the only one not knowing about it. 

I put it up a few pages back.

5 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I can't remember a time that a leaker has ever given a schedule for more than half a year in advance - I think the last time was, ironically, the existence of AoS and maybe the Primaris model that led to three months of "it's a third party conversion" talk.

If the 4chan 'leaks' are real I'd be very, very, very, shocked considering they go all the way up to 2023.

I agree with this.  Although, knowing a story direction a couple years out seems possible but that would be a huge leak.

Its more that I WANT those rumors to be true, and they haven't been dispelled yet.  Like I said, if GK v 1K comes out and its not what they say....then we can put it to bed.  Or the batteltomes they say are coming.  It is a very specific rumor and easy to toss if it doesn't hold up seems like. 

Until then I want to believe in new BoC and the Empire human refresh so badly.

The 4chan rumour is most definitely a pile of Squig-droppings, mainly due to the detail (there is no way anyone high enough up to know that much would go on 4chan of all places) and the fact that it claims the Grey Knights will get “all new stuff”, which has been proven wrong by Chapter Approved.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

The closest we have where dates given be Grimdark live when they were leaking the Dominion. Their source gave two dates 19 june ~ 3 july (which is the Dominion + 3.0 launch) and them 17 july -  7 august as "relative heavy activity". My guess is that the tomes (and the reamaining kits) will drop on 17 july - 7 august.

if the battletomes don't come out with the reinforcements then I hope whatever the second wave of Kruleboyz/Thunderstrike is supposed to be quickly follows... really want to see how older kits are updated + how the new ones will synergize properly

I am actually glad when Sylvaneth and DoK/Umbraneth are later rather than sooner. Gives me more time to catch up with my pile of shame. Also i have some 40k Projects to finish and i fear when the time comes that they finally bring new Ynnari and Craftworld models...

So far so good, Warsong Revenant i can just about squeez in on top of my pile

2 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

The 4chan rumour is most definitely a pile of Squig-droppings, mainly due to the detail (there is no way anyone high enough up to know that much would go on 4chan of all places) and the fact that it claims the Grey Knights will get “all new stuff”, which has been proven wrong by Chapter Approved.

I don’t want grey knights to get new stuff, just  the whole range overhauled to primaris size so they’re in keeping with their lore and what’s written in novels about them.

1 minute ago, Kaleb Daark said:

I don’t want grey knights to get new stuff, just  the whole range overhauled to primaris size so they’re in keeping with their lore and what’s written in novels about them.

That would definitely be nice, but sadly it probably won’t be happening any time soon. Unless GW have been hiding it from us, that is.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

See this is where I think people are wrong.  I don't read that rumor to say GK is getting new TYPES of models, but that they are getting new SCULPTS of models.  

He/she who wrote the rumor made it clear they were talking about how one half of the battleboxes would get new sculpts and one would get one new thing.  The GK rumor was the same as the BoC rumor in the same spot.  New sculpts, not new types.

• LOVE IT! 1

Just now, Austin said:

See this is where I think people are wrong.  I don't read that rumor to say GK is getting new TYPES of models, but that they are getting new SCULPTS of models.  

He/she who wrote the rumor made it clear they were talking about how one half of the battleboxes would get new sculpts and one would get one new thing.  The GK rumor was the same as the BoC rumor in the same spot.  New sculpts, not new types.

Thing is, new sculpts generally mean new rules and in turn new points costs. Surely if it was true there’d be something more... well, noticeable?

22 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

Thing is, new sculpts generally mean new rules and in turn new points costs. Surely if it was true there’d be something more... well, noticeable?

That is for sure a possible sign its not true.  I just don't think we can dismiss the rumors entirely yet.  Soon maybe.  

-edit for news

Also, Valrak just posted a new GK action figure.  The other action figures from 40k have been races that got new sculpts (Necrons, SoB, Primaris).  So more evidence for the AoS parts of the rumor to have a chance.  Just a chance!

I know it is a bit off-topic but it is directly related to the rumors so mods be kind plz!

1623897603010.jpg

Edited by Austin
  • Like 3