The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Acrozatarim said:

So for Chaos, it looks like Khorne and Nurgle came through with only moderate rises, whereas Tzeentch basically got nuked into a glowing hole in the ground, while Slaanesh was *already* a glowing hole in the ground and they dropped an extra nuke in just to be sure.

I am so confused at this - really just incredibly disappointed by the news, and makes me wonder why the games designers are so detached from the community :( I have no clue what rules writer thought in good faith that Slaanesh needed another points increase while the entire community thought they were too pricey. 

In fact, the most baffling thing is that someone thought that Hellstriders were too pricey and brought them down to 135. On it's own, that's totally fine - they were overcosted. But what this means is that the points weren't just stuck into an algorithm - somebody actually looked and Slaangors and went "yup, these are a bit too strong for their points!"

But yeah, just disappointed... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

utterly lost for words about al these uninspired increases. There was just increase... no point balance. Nothing like we thing this unit should cost more and this less. That slaanesh has gone up is just another blow in the face for the slaanesh players. Lost for words on that.. I dont even collect slaanesh but i feel sorry for them. 

Balance team is just super disconnected to the whole game its unreal. just lost for words for this whole leak

• Like 3

Chaos Marauders with min size 10 xD well we had it coming boys!

Did everyone see the Soulsnare Shackles? You can‘t charge while you are within 6“ 

This might get problematic if you try to remove sentinels and Teclis just nopes  you 😅

Sentinels went up 10 points... 

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Juicy said:

utterly lost for words about al these uninspired increases. There was just increase... no point balance. Nothing like we thing this unit should cost more and this less. That slaanesh has gone up is just another blow in the face for the slaanesh players. Lost for words on that.. I dont even collect slaanesh but i feel sorry for them. 

Balance team is just super disconnected to the whole game its unreal. just lost for words for this whole leak

DoK wasn't as bad off as Slaanesh, but you can still see the same lack of thought in their increases.

Named Hag queen going up by more than DOUBLE despite plenty of people not using her at 80pts. Witch Aelves going up by more than Blood Sisters despite seeing 0 competitive play since the new book. Morathi, the best unit in the book, going up less percentage-wise than any of the other heroes despite no one taking anything but her and a Bloodwrack to make Blood Sisters battleline. Cauldron and Avatar changes ignoring how badly the priest changes hurt them in the early turns. What a bad start to a new edition.

40 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I am so confused at this - really just incredibly disappointed by the news, and makes me wonder why the games designers are so detached from the community :( I have no clue what rules writer thought in good faith that Slaanesh needed another points increase while the entire community thought they were too pricey. 

In fact, the most baffling thing is that someone thought that Hellstriders were too pricey and brought them down to 135. On it's own, that's totally fine - they were overcosted. But what this means is that the points weren't just stuck into an algorithm - somebody actually looked and Slaangors and went "yup, these are a bit too strong for their points!"

But yeah, just disappointed... 

well i think the problem with how GW does things was that this GHB was written 7 months ago (at least that what i been told) and this was probably printed way before the HoS came out to the public last February where most of the lurkwarm response came out.

of course people have wanted GW to just switch to a digital format when it comes to points and rules instead of relying on books but I doubt that will change anytime soon.

I expected some serious point increases for Tzeentch.... but why is the Gaunt Summoner on foot more expensive than the flying one? Guess they'll change the warscrolls or something... maybe no summoning on the disc version? 

Edited by MitGas

The eternal problem with points is simply that they are in a book. The book was definitely written at least six months ago, before the Lumineth and Slaanesh books came out. Given how long in advance new editions are written, these points may even have been done before the first Lumineth book came out. Until this changes there are always going to be problems. 

• Like 5

Just now, Chikout said:

The eternal problem with points is simply that they are in a book. The book was definitely written at least six months ago, before the Lumineth and Slaanesh books came out. Given how long in advance new editions are written, these points may even have been done before the first Lumineth book came out. Until this changes there are always going to be problems. 

well they should just go digital with the points but GW loves their books though

• Like 5

Honestly, some of these points feel already like day 1 FAQ

EDIT :

My current favourites are the Greater Daemons because OH GOLY GEE

Rotigus is now cheaper than a GUO, Shalaxi is cheaper than a Keeper of Secrets and Skreech being cheaper than two of the default Verminlords by like 20 points...

Oh, on the topic of Verminlords, the 80 point difference between the Corruptor and the Deciever - or double the current gap

Weirdly tho, this isn't even a consistent theme with Skarbrand still priced 100 points over all Bloodthirsters and the only one thats stayed vaguely concistent is Kairos.

Edited by Dreddships
Greater Daemon Fun
  • Like 2