The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, FFJump said:

I just realized I had missed the last five minutes of the Grim Dark Live stream. Yes, they really said it. They said new Chaos Dwarfs are really coming and they'll have more info on them they will reveal soon. They also said they won't be named that, which is kind of obvious, but still. These guys were completely right about Dominion alongside Whitefang and they're still got rumors in the wild on the new army which we'll see soon enough if they're true. Saying Chaos Dwarfs are actually coming is a pretty big statement to put your reputation on unless you're certain about it.

Chorf bros... is this what hope feels like?

PRAISE HASHUT!

At this point I believe whatever Grimdark Live is going to say (unless contradicted by Whitefang, of course 😉) considering they were right about everything.

Which

Which means

EVERYBODY ON THE HYPE-DAEMON WAR ENGINE! CHOO CHOO! NEXT STATION: FURNACE KINGS!

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 6

7 hours ago, FFJump said:

I just realized I had missed the last five minutes of the Grim Dark Live stream. Yes, they really said it. They said new Chaos Dwarfs are really coming and they'll have more info on them they will reveal soon. They also said they won't be named that, which is kind of obvious, but still. These guys were completely right about Dominion alongside Whitefang and they're still got rumors in the wild on the new army which we'll see soon enough if they're true. Saying Chaos Dwarfs are actually coming is a pretty big statement to put your reputation on unless you're certain about it.

PRAISE HASHUT!

If Grimdark Live have it right about Chorfs I won't even care if I miss the Dominion box.

4 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

At this point I believe whatever Grimdark Live is going to say (unless contradicted by Whitefang, of course 😉) considering they were right about everything.

Which

Which means

EVERYBODY ON THE HYPE-DAEMON WAR ENGINE! CHOO CHOO! NEXT STATION: FURNACE KINGS!

I fully support the return of Chaos Dwarves, because if they can come back, then surely there is a chance for Tomb Kings, as well.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Which

Which means

4 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

If Grimdark Live have it right about Chorfs I won't even care if I miss the Dominion box.

Since they called just about everything, I too will believe almost everything they say from now on. They've recieved credibility as a source so hopefully we dont see clickbait things to keep that ball rolling.

All I need now is for them to announce a Gloomspite level launch for Mawtribes and another Gargant for the Sons!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

21 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I feel like an Idoneth vs Nurgle battlebox with one new hero each and the new books would be a nice release for late in the year. A bit like the Eldar vs Sisters box they did for after the new 40k ranges. 

I feel like a single (or more) new heroes (or kits) would be way better than the new minis being tied to battleboxes personally. :D

53 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Which

Which means

Did Whitefang say that Yndrasta was not in the box? Otherwise its all been spot on - cannot wait for drake cav and wolfy boys. 

9 hours ago, Bluesummers said:

Also seeing the full panoramic picture of SC vs Boyz i noticed how forced the stormcast are into the setting. Imaging getting a human faction instead... such a missed opportunity.

Stormcast are a human faction... many, many Stormhosts retain their human empathy and morality. The ones who don't may have lost it over dozens of reforgings, or may not have been a shining example of morality when they were mortal. Stormcast have platonic and romantic relationships, both with each other and mortals. There's even stories where if they had kids before they were reforged, the Stormcast will take leave to visit their kids.

Just because they are the Fantasy Poster-faction, does not mean they are equivalent to Space Marines beyond that. GW did a really good thing making Stormcast into immortal humans that fight endlessly to defend mortal humans.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 hours ago, FFJump said:

PRAISE HASHUT!

Can see it.

TOW is coming.

Nostalgia hit from remaking Vampire Counts was a success (cursed city controversy not withstanding).

Chaos Dwarf players are the kind of people to lay down the big bucks.

Why not eh?

9 hours ago, Jator said:

Unless of course, these hobgrots are the darkmaster's creation...

Oh yeah, they're just practice - this time they'll create black orcs with tiny legs instead so they don't end up running away again :D

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Stormcast are a human faction... many, many Stormhosts retain their human empathy and morality. The ones who don't may have lost it over dozens of reforgings, or may not have been a shining example of morality when they were mortal. Stormcast have platonic and romantic relationships, both with each other and mortals. There's even stories where if they had kids before they were reforged, the Stormcast will take leave to visit their kids.

Just because they are the Fantasy Poster-faction, does not mean they are equivalent to Space Marines beyond that. GW did a really good thing making Stormcast into immortal humans that fight endlessly to defend mortal humans.

Quoted to stress this a bit. It's so important. They're modeled after the heroes of classic drama rather than grim dark superman. 

I'd love to see the human factions explored, but SCE are not the problem here. Their lore is actually worth its salt.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Fuxxx said:

Oh yeah, they're just practice - this time they'll create black orcs with tiny legs instead so they don't end up running away again :D

I was wondering this. There is something decidedly 'different' about them compared to other greenskinz. I am wondering if there will be some chaos dwarf genetic sorcery experiment origin story for AOS.

2 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

Quoted to stress this a bit. It's so important. They're modeled after the heroes of classic drama rather than grim dark superman. 

I'd love to see the human factions explored, but SCE are not the problem here. Their lore is actually worth its salt.

They suffer from the same problem as space marines, they should be powerful and rare. Awe inspiring. Whispered about in myths and legends. But that doesn't translate well to tabletop.

Chaos dwarves coming. If true this gives me hope some sort of new take on dispossessed will come out to fight them. After that expand fyre and ko and this grumpy dwarf will be happy and buying dwarf stuff for years. I might even get chaos dwarves if they flesh out the ones they get now.

1 minute ago, ZaelART said:

They suffer from the same problem as space marines, they should be powerful and rare. Awe inspiring. Whispered about in myths and legends. But that doesn't translate well to tabletop.

Yeah giant magical humans selected by a god and forged anew. And now compare liberator and chaos warrior warscrolls and points and it becomes a bit ridiculous. Yeah. Chaos warriors are elite too, but I started Stromcast like half a year ago and from all I've played they don't feel particularly strong...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Fuxxx said:

Yeah giant magical humans selected by a god and forged anew. And now compare liberator and chaos warrior warscrolls and points and it becomes a bit ridiculous. Yeah. Chaos warriors are elite too, but I started Stromcast like half a year ago and from all I've played they don't feel particularly strong...

Chaos Warriors were the strongest battleline in WHFB (outside of ogres)... they are superhumans. Both SC and Chaos warscrolls are way too weak for what they should be.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I really like the notion of Stormcast as angelic beings that are trying to retain their humanity. It is an enduringly 'human quality' of their character and in many ways makes them the antithesis of Space Marines. I do think that they share a similar aesthetic and an aloof stoicism but Stormcast carry it is a tragic reminder of their sacrifice. I love the visual of Stormcast standing next to Freeguild units though as it creates a stark contrast between these celestial warriors and their mundane origins. This is why I hope they continue to maintain the ally system between SCE and Cities of Sigmar.

There are elements of the SCE I am less enthused about, like I wish they had more races represented in their ranks. I do think that just making them bigger than humans is less interesting ways of showcasing their ascendent nature and wish they had angelic wings or some other shared characteristics. Finally the lightening teleportation thing feels like a game mechanic that was given a lore excuse. 

But overall I think that they are an interesting faction and I am so thankful they have not reached the same saturation as their sci-fi cousins.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rachmani said:

Good thing, that Nagash is dead(ish). Maybe *someone* will come back now!

Let's be real: Probably not within the next few years. Too many other armies have been too heavily foreshadowed (literally, in the case of Umbraneth). There's just not enough room in the schedule. I expect Umbraneth, Kurnothi, Dwarves and by the looks of it Chaos Dwarves before we get around to Tomb Kings. Probably at least one new Destruction army, OBR wave two and a bunch of updates for old factions, too.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Which

Which means

I have been so So hype for chaos dwarves for so long but I have to point out grimdark live had a ' source ' tell them chaos dwarves were coming soon a year ago and it didn't happen! Hopefully they are on a roll after the Dominion leak 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fuxxx said:

Yeah giant magical humans selected by a god and forged anew. 

Yeah giant magical humans selected by several gods and mutated into fighting machines. I think that Chaos Warriors and Liberators sharing base stats is sensible I think the issue is their special rules which feel a little bland for SCE.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Yeah giant magical humans selected by several gods and mutated into fighting machines. I think that Chaos Warriors and Liberators sharing base stats is sensible I think the issue is their special rules which feel a little bland for SCE.

Yeah it's basically what I meant, if they were literally the same it would make sense but I always felt the libs a bit underwhelming.