The Rumour Thread

27 minutes ago, Zappgrot said:

Yea so this is going to be 40k 9.5 or something.  I love the models but every thing they spoiled for the game sounds like the worst thing possible. More  focus on hero's and monsters.  ;-(  smaller tabel sizes ;-(   more abilities ;-(  A bonus command point for going second ;-( (what the hell in AOS you want to go second do they even play their own game?)  Uh i gues we will see.  This is the bad thing about warhammer as an hobby your kind of  depenent on the whims of GW even if they have ideas that are meh. 

I like the direction but them saying going second is worse than going first got me very worrying. 

hint - going second is better right now and they are buffing it wtf?

• Like 2

I love the new box! While the armies contained are nothing for myself I really admire the work of the designers! Especially the new Orks are a well done faction at the fist glance: The cunning, cruel and more serious really does AoS a favor while still having enough room for some goofy detials that made me chuckle. They strongly remind me of mordor orks as we know them from the lotr franchise. New stormcasts are also beautiful sculpts. I hope on the table these mix well with the older sculpts

Mfw my slave race that hasn't been updated in 27+ years and didn't even get included in AoS when LoA was ported over gets new plastic models in the launch box for a new edition before our "darker masters elsewhere" do.

Chorf chads we got too cocky. We must correct this error with a new plastic army soon.

Hobgrot.PNG

Edited by FFJump
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

Would really like this box, love pretty much all the models apart from Yndastra.

Release in June which I hope doesn't mean the 26th. They have this habit of releasing stuff a couple of days before pay day which is proper annoying.

Why not her? :( 

20 minutes ago, Nos said:

Shame if you have a SC army already and dont want them looking like they fell into a vat of weight gain powder while reforging 

I can't imagine caring about this. You don't mind a half of them being in wizard robes over plate armor but get weird about some being swole?

• Like 2

Given what they said about the new heroic rules and CA you can activate in every turn I really fear the gap between armies with good rules and bad rules will become wider. 

Also quote me on this - Malerion elves will be the color Blue of AoS in that regard

Just now, FFJump said:

Mfw my slave race that hasn't been updated since in 27+ years and didn't even get included in AoS when LoA was ported over gets new plastic models in the launch box for a new edition before our "darker masters elsewhere" do.

Chorf chads we got too cocky. We must correct this error with a new plastic army soon.

Hobgrot.PNG

Yes I'm planning on collecting Kruelboyz because of a vague reference to one unit being associated to Chaos Dwarfs, how can you tell?

hpiW36h.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

15 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

Would really like this box, love pretty much all the models apart from Yndastra.

For me its the hairstyle. I know it the unofficial "female protagonist in a dark setting" haircut but to me its like the "Karen-cut" but there was no manager to yell at so Karen took a trimmer to the side of her head and ascended beyond a normal Karen into the legendary Super Karen. 

*no offense to anyone named Karen nor to anyone that has/likes that hairstyle. 

Edited by TheMuphinMan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

What if their darker masters are not chaos dwarfs, but dark dwarfs, with Hashut now a destruction god?!

I’ve always thought Chaos Dwarfs should be Destruction. They had black orcs, hobgoblins, and didn’t really fit into the Chaos faction.

• Like 1

And back from reality and catching up on the preview - I have to say I'm not an Ork fan nor much of an Orruk fan. I've loved them in lore and stories and computer games, but I've never wanted them as an army over the years. That said these new Cruelboyz I really do love. There's a deadly smartness to them that speaks of cunning and deadly intent. THESE Are the greenskins of your nightmares. 

Note the jovial madness of the gitz nor the bash-smash brutality of Orruks. These are the dark swampy monsters that come for you in the dark of night. That strike without fear; that stab you through the chinks in your armour and wear down your defences with precision strikes. All the brutality of an ork with all the cunning of - dare I say it - almost a human or aelf. 

I love them as a concept and if I ever collect greenskins these would be the ones for me! 

Stormcast are great and whilst their army gets a bit more bloated the new designs are very sweet. A degree of elegance to them now, even the hounds are looking very sleek and deadly. The new chariot is awesome and makes me jealous that they get it (DoK need a chariot!)

Great preview and whilst neither army is "mine" to collect I'm greatly looking forward to seeing the future. I will have to keep an eye out when the new boxed set goes on sale and see if I can snag a cheap secondhand split box copy of the rules at some stage. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheMuphinMan said:

For me its the hairstyle. I know it the unofficial "female protagonist in a dark setting" haircut but to me its like the "Karen-cut" but there was no manager to yell at so Karen took a trimmer to the side of her head and ascended beyond a normal Karen into the legendary Super Karen. 

*no offense to anyone named Karen nor to anyone that has/likes that hairstyle. 

It's an undercut, mostly popular with the punk/goth/le$bian crowd.

Also, why does this site censor that word? That seems...problematic.

Karen haircut is a totally different thing.

Edited by Fred1245
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Vomikron said:

I’ve always thought Chaos Dwarfs should be Destruction. They had black orcs, hobgoblins, and didn’t really fit into the Chaos faction.

They fit very well imho ,having greenskins as slave adds to not being destruction as they are the purest and raw form of civilizations and inudstrialism jumped to the extremes.

Hashut gives more variety to the monolithic style chaos had in whfb (in aos the various god got some aesthetic differences at least), like skaven.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fred1245 said:

It's an undercut, mostly popular with the punk/goth/****** crowd.

Karen haircut is a totally different thing.

pretty sure the "Karen-cut" was too before it was appropiated by women going through a midlife crisis in the early 2000s to be fair.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vomikron said:

I disagree. Chaos Dwarfs are corrupted Dawi who deal in dark magics, initially out of desperation. To me that fits Chaos a lot more than "we want to tear stuff down, just because" that Destruction is. They're a dark, twisted reflection of the Dwarfs, whilst Destruction races may be evil but it's an inherent, primal kind of evil rather than one that they're warped into. 

The Orcs/Hogoblins aren't there by choice either, being literal slaves, so them feeling slightly out of place does fit imo.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, Vomikron said:

as slaves.

Their ideology is a world away from destruction.  The black orcs were created as a slave race, and the hobgoblins are either enslaved or bought as mercenaries and traded with with as they used to inhabit the fringes of their lands.

Of course in AoS it's anyones retcon.

After all, one of them in the warbands looks like a naked tramp with a chamber pot on his head.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Chaos Dwarfs as we know them are like the polar opposite of destruction. You could maybe swing the 'might makes right' angle as important for Dawi-Zharr society in a sense but otherwise theirs was a coldly cruel, harshly regimented and practically totalitarian culture with way more complexity and moving parts than ogres, giants and greenskins put together.

Looking forward to seeing what happens, the hobgrots armour really is distinctive from the rest of the Krulebois.

• Like 3

I love the ranged boys and the shaman. Going to buy these for sure. They will look great along gloomspite gitz imo. Will also paint gordrakk in these colours with a red mawcrusha to lead them into battle. Hope the rules wont clash too much :).