The Rumour Thread

30 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

THAT'S WHAT I THINK!!!!!!

Why else would they be so coy? They could just say 'hehe it's a reference to chaos dwarves from Fantasy' but them being so coy and constantly teetering on that line of how much they say seems to confirm to me that Chaos Dwarves will come!

...or I may be OD-ing on copium

Nah, they're never that coy unless its on purpose. "Darker masters elsewhere" is a blatant tease, The thing is, I think we can look at these hob-grots for design cues as to how new Chorfs would look like. This armor is definitely different than any other chorf armor we've seen before. Looks kind of samurai-ish almost. Very spiky, but with kind of the same scales that LoA has with that banner. Also the grenades means they're still forge masters. I think we're getting "Furnace Kings" not a straight-up remake of old chorfs, but a new interpretation.

Edited by FFJump

I love pretty much everything in that box.

Will  of course, be adding those incredible Stormcast to my existing army.

And starting a new Destruction army. Probably brown or very pale skin for the lads rather than green and brown. 

But wow. Was not expecting them to be *that good*

1 minute ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Honestly, nothing from me.  Don't see myself playing either army or getting the box.

Happy for the people who are excited though. 

My feeling as well.  The models revealed are quite excellent.  They just aren't my speed.  Looking forward to other players getting them and seeing how they paint them and what kind of armies they put together.  Just as well, I still have a lot of painting to get done on what I got still.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

My guess is they're not confirming MTO incase it's a Lumineth situation where it doesn't, infact, sell out but if it does fly they can announce a MTO run after and get some good publicity from the "wow GW is listening to us!!!" crowd.

Fingers crossed this is the case if everything sells out straight away.

3 minutes ago, FFJump said:

Nah, they're never that coy unless its on purpose. "Darker masters elsewhere" is a blatant tease, The thing is, I think we can look at these hob-grots for design cues as to how new Chorfs would look like. This armor is definitely different than any other chorf armor we've seen before. Looks kind of samurai-ish almost. Very spiky, but with kind of the of the same scales that LoA has with that banner. Also the grenades means they're still forge masters. I think we're getting "Furnace Kings" not a straight-up remake of old chorfs, but a new interpretation.

While I’m a bit sad it seems like we’re moving away from the Babylonian feel I’m happy we might be getting Chorfs so it’s all good(definitely gonna sell my Nurgle stuff). In regards to the hobgrots, the banner has a bunch of crude runes scratched on them, and they don’t look orky to me…

4 minutes ago, FFJump said:

Nah, they're never that coy unless its on purpose. "Darker masters elsewhere" is a blatant tease, The thing is, I think we can look at these hob-grots for design cues as to how new Chorfs would look like. This armor is definitely different than any other chorf armor we've seen before. Looks kind of samurai-ish almost. Very spiky, but with kind of the of the same scales that LoA has with that banner. Also the grenades means they're still forge masters. I think we're getting "Furnace Kings" not a straight-up remake of old chorfs, but a new interpretation.

Honestly if we're getting vaguely Samurai-looking chaos duardin I'll be as if not more happy than the classic Babylonians of old. but holy moly I am feeling almost @KingBrodd levels of unbridled hype because YES WE MIGHT GET NEW CHAOS DUARDIN! Holy moly, I am so excited I am gonna burst! I have been brought back from my adult perennial cynicism to child-like joy and hope for the future!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

The new green skins look Evil, which is a bit weird. Destruction are pretty ignoble and violent obviously but they dont seem motivated by badness.

These guys look pretty sadistic. And not at all the sort of dudes who would be into Kragnos for any particular reason. More like the kind of guys who would try to snare and capture something like Kragnos tbh.

Edited by Nos
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, EnumaEilish said:

Love everything except the limited run. Hopefully they've either made enough to actually fill the hype or end up doing a M2O run if it sells out like Indomitus.

Technically, I don't think it will be a limited run for the models.  Just the Dominion box which is likely to be much, much cheaper than when the models are broken up later.  Pretty much like Indomitus was. I do agree that if it sells out quick, GW allows for a made-to-order like they did for Indomitus.

The Warcom article says this about the hobgrots.

Hobgrot Slittaz

Diminutive allies of the Kruleboyz, hobgrots lob strange explosive devices and wield wicked daggers to deadly effect.

So they're not actually Kruleboyz, but just allies of them. Interesting.

Edited by FFJump