The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

I think it'd be a case of who attacks first there, and especially if Archaon is in Tzeentch to cheese Slayer of Kings (as he doesn't seem protected against that). 

I agree, and taking a guess at what differentiates Kragnos from Archaon and Nagash (Skarbrand is too faction focused, used as a reference because of how good he is in combat) is that Kragnos is going to be a lot more consistent. Archaon has some moderately reliable abilities that allow him to instant-gib certain units or provide utility, and special rules that either increase his staying power in unique ways that correspond with the Chaos God’s blessings. Nagash is hard to kill and is a great caster, adding flexibility to most death armies. Kragnos is very straight forward: point him into the direction of whatever you want dead and he’ll do his job well. 

I’m fairly confident that the design philosophy  leading up to Kragnos was centered around the AoS rules team realizing that Destruction didn’t have a cookie cutter “ Super Unit” that could be incorporated into any function-wide list without penalty, and wanted to give Destruction players the equivalent of an Archaon or Nagash. 

Edit: apologies for the reposts, internet connect had a burp and reposted my comment a couple of times. I would be grateful if a mod can delete the comments with "j", or if someone could let me know how to delete the reposts 😅

Edited by AngryPanda
  • Like 1

Gotrek have move 4 kragnos 10

Gotrek have 8 w with save 4\3 kragnos save 2 and inmune to spells

Gotrek deals around 16 damage and can attack twice while kragnos does 30 in one attack and with more rend

Gotrek cost 520 and also cant get any buff of armys.

So he is better than gotrek and with triple move of gotrek that is his counterplay.

Is imposible kragnos cost less 600 if is balanced

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Televiper11 said:

Y’all make Kragnos sound like a beast… of chaos 😂

Its painful because while it doesn't feel like this warscroll is actually very useful in destruction factions, BoC would kill for a hammer exactly like this.

1 minute ago, Aeryenn said:

And what if Kragnos walks around your chaff, deals 15 mw to your crucial unit, then deals 15 more to another 3" away? And then comes his friends and finish the job? GG turn 1. Of course it might turn differently and he will be stuck fighting with some blobs. But maybe he will basically destroy 1/3 of your army turn 1 if he charges where he wanted to.

Maw-krushas, Archaon, and ghoul king on terrorgeists are all faster, can easily put out more damage than kragnos and can fly over your chaff, Kragnos can't and only has a 10" move with no run and charge.

1 minute ago, Aeryenn said:

If you all tell he is unplayable over 500 points I'm curious what kind of wonders will gw make with Alarielle to make her playable at 600 points...

The difference is that kragnos offers literally nothing but damage and a sturdy body to factions that already have that covered at sub-500 points. He's got direct competition here so anytime you look at taking kragnos you're directly comparing him to other, similar, hammer units that actually get allegiance abilities, and do more/similar damage for under 500 points.

Allarielle has no direct competition, there's no other unit in the sylvaneth book that you could take as an alternative for her, Nagash, Teclis and Archaon are the same way. You either take them or you do without.

4 minutes ago, AngryPanda said:

I’m fairly confident that the design philosophy  leading up to Kragnos was centered around the AoS rules team realizing that Destruction didn’t have a cookie cutter “ Super Unit” that could be incorporated into any function-wide list without penalty, and wanted to give Destruction players the equivalent of an Archaon or Nagash. 

Agreed, Kragnos' inclusion has felt kind of forced to me so I suspect this is the case.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Take with a pinch of salt as this is from another forum but

Fellwater Morruks

glass canon army

poor saves

high magic

ambush, teleport and hit and run

I'm taking this one with a vast pinch of salt because we've already got Fellwater troggoths, haven't we? I can't imagine them doubling up on the name like that.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

I'm taking this one with a vast pinch of salt because we've already got Fellwater troggoths, haven't we? I can't imagine them doubling up on the name like that.

Unless we're getting an updated fellwater trogg sculpt!!!!

Seems a perfect time to throw in a plastic trogg hag as well.

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Doko said:

Gotrek deals around 16 damage and can attack twice while kragnos does 30 in one attack and with more rend

So he is better than gotrek and with triple move of gotrek that is his counterplay.

Fun fact is Gotrek is already very rare in competitive lists

• Like 1

it largely depends how you build around him, if there a special allegiance in the book like Be'lakor had, and his point cost in the end.

but for what he is, he a much more solid warscroll in the game compare to a lot of other stuff in the game and much more fun which is probably what count the most

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vasshpit said:

well the Fellwater trolls are not that old  so they don't need a resculpt

But Yes to a new plastic Fellwater hag hero

• Like 1

@KingBroddthe nice thing about the Ogre of Cursed City is that he's based on the pre-6th edition ones, the classic gw idea before the whole mongolian spin. I'm starting to think they want to get back some "Oldhammer" style to some new niniatures considering what we've seen of these "Morruks'.

About the boxes:a bit angry that KO did'nt get one still probably they  would have put the usual ballon boys+gunhauler combo...i still hate that half the boxes did'nt have arkanauts.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

2 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

@KingBroddthe nice thing about the Ogre of Cursed City is that he's based on the pre-6th edition ones, the classic gw idea before the whole mongolian spin. I'm starting to think they want to get back some "Oldhammer" style to some new niniatures considering what we've seen of these "Morruks'.

About the boxes:a bit angry that KO did'nt get one still probably they  would have put the usual ballon boys+gunhauler combo...i still hate that half the boxes did'nt have arkanauts.

KO got a box with an Endrinmaster and 6 Endrinriggers with BR: Be'lakor

6 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I could see this happening!! The Hag I mean!!

2 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

About the boxes:a bit angry that KO did'nt get one still probably they  would have put the usual ballon boys+gunhauler...i still hate that half the boxes did'nt have arkanauts.

I think you're right about that mate. I for one welcome some more Grimdark to AOS, I want the new Ogors to be absolutely horrifying, creatures that can barely be bargained with unless you have a lot of Food or good enough reason to be left alone (More food that way I'll show you) the Bonereapers of Destruction.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Doko said:

Gotrek also has a 3++, is immune to instant death and reduces all damage dealt to him to a flat 1 (which I'd argue are all stronger defensive abilities than kragnos has). plus he doesn't show up in high level play anyways.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

@Ganigumo

Yes of course, but it doesn't justify Alarielle's overpriced warscroll. GW must either adjust her points or her warscroll to be a valuable and playable model.

alarielle is getting a warscroll rewrite with Br KRagnos

Just now, Perturbato said:

I attached the content of next release pricing in France i don't know if it has been all ready discussed but de have the name of thé bands/sub allegeances wich will be added

Screenshot_20210524-181108.jpg

where price?

42 minutes ago, PJetski said:

There are all sorts of interesting tidbits in his wascroll:

• The "defensible terrain" as you mentioned
  • DRAKE keyword that does not belong to any existing unit
  • Mentioning Mercenary rules
  • Clarification on "endless spell ability" rather than just stating "endless spell"

Now that I look at it again, I think the rules for including him in an army require an errata?

When you pick an allegiance you become that army. For example, if you pick STORMCAST ETERNALS you have a STORMCAST ETERNALS army and not an ORDER army, so you can use the STORMCAST ETERNALS allegiance abilities and not the ORDER allegiance abilities. So it would seem that Kragnos can only be included in a "DESTRUCTION army" and not an IRONJAWZ or GLOOMSPITE GITZ army. Somebody correct me if Im wrong about that.

I am hoping for more dragons in AOS and this is a positive sign. I also hope the Stardrake will make Dracoline and Dracothian Guard battleline for SCE. It would be well beyond my price range but it would be cool to see fighting against the Hosts of the Everchosen.