The Rumour Thread

Just now, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

In other words, same as "on a 2+".

it's not the totally same  because you don't get to multiply those numbers. Not sure how it changes distribution probability for MW caused by the second ability. 

8 minutes ago, Feii said:

https://www.thedarkfortress.co.uk/tech_reports/tech_assets/2-chart.png 

17% ish percents to do nothing while charging and picking a single guy. 

A lot of mortal wounds. I guess it's fine? 

BTW it  is kinda shame that all those gargants + Kragnos armies showcased in the reveal trailer are not tournament legal (unless you soup him into pure SoBs) . They wouldn't even be good most likely to play him a  gargant and som orruks as the core. 

BTW if you play him as a mercenary in a SoB army can you ally in other destruction forces? Ally.Mercenary confuses me.

Why they aren‘t tournament legal? You could play them in a Grand Alliance Destruction🤔

5 hours ago, sandlemad said:

Yeah, hobgoblins have a weird development history in WHFB. Started as slightly better blacksmiths than other greenskins, then became vaguely eastern goblins, then the Hobgobla Khan is mentioned, then a sharp swerve into the phrygian-capped Chaos Dwarf lackeys and infantry backstabbers, then another sharp swerve back even further into the Mongol concept they had before but with added mercenary flavour.

In 2005 WFRP 2e made an attempt to blend the different approaches, with the various hobgoblin khanates serving the chaos dwarf empire as auxiliaries and scouts, and gave us the toned-down look below. Apart from a brief mention in the Warhammer Forge Tamurkhan campaign book, nothing was really done with it any further.

233536ce5a21cf648e2c03bf7dff24ef.jpg

yup, they were the goblinoid faction that you could ally to chaos back in the day, and shared a lot in common with them in terms of cruelty and mindset.  Hobgoblins were the chaos followers acceptable greenskin.

11 minutes ago, Feii said:

https://www.thedarkfortress.co.uk/tech_reports/tech_assets/2-chart.png 

17% ish percents to do nothing while charging and picking a single guy. 

A lot of mortal wounds. I guess it's fine? 

BTW it  is kinda shame that all those gargants + Kragnos armies showcased in the reveal trailer are not tournament legal (unless you soup him into pure SoBs) . They wouldn't even be good most likely to play him a  gargant and som orruks as the core. 

BTW if you play him as a mercenary in a SoB army can you ally in other destruction forces? Ally.Mercenary confuses me.

As it currently stands, an ally is a unit from the same faction (e.g. Gravelords and ally in Nighthaunt).  Mercenaries are normally outside that factional restriction (e.g. Gravelords can include the Mega Gargant Big Drogg Fort-kicka).  Kragnos can just be added to *any* destruction army (he's counts as part of it and neither an ally nor mercenary).

It's been hinted at/mentioned that we're going to see changes with how we compose armies in AoS3 - so an all Mega Gargant army may actually be possible!

10 minutes ago, GutrotSpume said:

Warscroll seems awesome. Only Criticism is no command ability but that may tie into third edition with him counting as a general.

He'll have access to the generic command abilities, but would agree it's quite unusual for a model not to have something!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gordrakk said:

Kragnos warscroll from warhammer community page!

8101A35F-3978-456A-A2DF-0BA5DB9146BC.jpeg

He’s going to absolutely annihilate anything that comes into combat with him, while also being pretty impossible to kill without very serious dedication (+2 save and almost immune to magic). A damage 4 -3 rend weapon that’s very consistent, in addition to some high mortal wound potential, leaves me hoping that he’ll be pointed at least 800 or more; any lower and he’ll be op. I can see this guy being the go to for competitive destruction lists assuming he’s lower then 1000 points.

Edited by AngryPanda
  • Like 2

Good lord. That warscroll sounds like it's hideous to face... 

It's not like you can't do anything about his charge mechanic, but for a lot of monsters, this guy can just smash a keypiece by just charging it. Bit swingy. 

If Nagash has been bumped to 975, surely this guy has to be very close to that amount. 

Edited by Elmir
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Drazhoath said:

Why they aren‘t tournament legal? You could play them in a Grand Alliance Destruction🤔

oh yeah but that way you don't get any rules for them. IDK Grand Alliances are a dead concept rn imo. With so many more rules for factions you should be able to play fluffy lists with some allies instead of choosing the GA. 

Well time to build SoB army and merc him in ;) 

went over the Ghur map again, and sectioned off the region names based on the info we have + natural markers like mountains and rivers that usually divide real-life regions.

My guess is the Gnarlwood has some Sylvaneth, possibly fighting the Butcher's Herd in it? Koatl's Gullet in Andtor looks likely for where Kroak would land at (and Primeval Jungle implies Seraphon terraforming). Another mark for Andtor is the Moulderpit, which is the likeliest tie-in for the Skaven box.

Even if these aren't the exact locations of the faction tie-ins to BR Kragnos, it's nice to see a wide variety of factions present in different realms!

image.png.e2feda7c4c7ad73f58c4d9dea4f200a9.png

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Feii said:

it's not the totally same  because you don't get to multiply those numbers. Not sure how it changes distribution probability for MW caused by the second ability. 

Average is 10.7 MW

(1+2+3+4+5+0+2+4+6+8+0+12+3+6+9+0+15+18+4+8+0+16+20+24+5+0+15+20+25+30+0+12+18+24+30+36)/36

• Thanks 5

I'm glad Kragnos feels like a god, but I really hope he's pointed like one. 

He can still be instant killed, and has no defence against non-spell mortal wounds, but that does mean against some armies he's unstoppable. 

1 minute ago, Raviv said:

Average is 10.7 MW

(1+2+3+4+5+0+2+4+6+8+0+12+3+6+9+0+15+18+4+8+0+16+20+24+5+0+15+20+25+30+0+12+18+24+30+36)/36

On average, that’s very high; this also doesn’t take into account the damage he can do with his damage 4 melee attacks and bellow of rage ability. I’m wondering how he’ll do against other heavy hitters, like Skarbrand or Archaon. 

• Like 1

Just now, AngryPanda said:

On average, that’s very high; this also doesn’t take into account the damage he can do with his damage 4 melee attacks and bellow of rage ability. I’m wondering how he’ll do against other heavy hitters, like Skarbrand or Archaon. 

not being able to buff him in any way means that most likely very poorly. IDK we will see what they do but being a named character that doesnt benefir from nothing the price will be super important. 

1 minute ago, AngryPanda said:

I think it'd be a case of who attacks first there, and especially if Archaon is in Tzeentch to cheese Slayer of Kings (as he doesn't seem protected against that). 

His horns count as a hat - he has a big hat.  Look at everything else in the game with a big hat, and you know he's not going to be a push over.  The khorne Dragon doesn't have a big hat.  He will beat the khorne dragon.

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Feii said:

oh yeah but that way you don't get any rules for them. IDK Grand Alliances are a dead concept rn imo. With so many more rules for factions you should be able to play fluffy lists with some allies instead of choosing the GA. 

Well time to build SoB army and merc him in ;) 

He will probably be better in any army except SoB. Because of he will cost more than 600 points (and I think he will) you have only one Mega, Kragnos and one unit of 3 Mancrusher. Maybe some points for another unit of maybe 1-2 Mancrusher left. Mancrusher are made of wet paper and die very fast, so you have only one Mega and Kragnos. Depends on the battleplan and enemy but you are very easy to outmaneuver. 
Another reason is that Kragnos doesn’t benefit from the alliance rules and he counts as one model too.

So he is the best in a Orruk Warclan list or maybe Grand Alliance.

So we talk about the Grand Alliance. Megas in the Grand Alliance are much better than in SoB. A few weeks ago I easily smashed a SoB with 2 Megas, Gordrakk (for buffing) and 4 units of Savage Orruks. My Megas killed his Megas and I had more units for multiple scoring. Easy mate😉

37 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

So the new orks are Mele orks with magic... a bit meh for me

Very meh for me. Was not hoping for a magic orc faction.
Waning quite a bit if ill end up picking this army up after all if that's the case.

Edited by Shankelton
Grammer

Kragnos seems powerful, but I don't know if the lack of run+charge with a big base and 0 utility past 10" move is going to make a very predictable centerpiece to play against.

I suppose he will be fine in some cases but I don't know... 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Alfcam said:

I don't see him costing more than 500 points, he's basically a Mega-Gargant with better save and half wounds, added magic-hate but no ranged and doesn't count as 20 models for objectives.

Agree. An absolute beatstick, but being relatively slow + lack of FNP and command abilities make him worse than other centerpieces. I would say that between 650-700 points tops.