The Rumour Thread

Here‘s an interesting detail about the mask/face/whatever, the top left looks like a third eye might be there just out of view.

Either that or the shape is very uneven and has a deep gash in that section.

45 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

KnnrX3omJPa8nOyS.jpg.ae3f2fac47b0df2581c364aa78ad9010.jpg

"How peculiar! Let us know what you think this image is over on our Warhammer Age of Sigmar Facebook page, and check back tomorrow for another glimpse of the future."

• Thanks 1

I count two eyes (edit: or three indeed!), thinking this probably rules out fimir, besides being in line with GW greenskin sculpted faces and masks/icons like the evil sun or bad moon.

Tricky thing here is if it’s all meant to be a constructed icon or if there’s living (magical?) organic parts like the eyes and tongue.

Based on those three eyes then maybe we can add “faintly mutated” to the list of characteristics along with “scrappy” and “swamp-dwelling”.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

Regarding White Dwarf: do they still publish these small factions like Squig Allegiance or Troggoth Allegiance?

Yeah, they did those and I wouldn’t be surprised to see more post-3.0 debut to quickly sync up other factions.

Edited by Televiper11
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

"How peculiar! Let us know what you think this image is over on our Warhammer Age of Sigmar Facebook page, and check back tomorrow for another glimpse of the future."

My bad ! They had better have it huge on the 29th if we have a rumor engine per day... with those we already know (the different weapons, the shield face ...) we are going to have a lot of them for one army : bring it on !!

34 minutes ago, calcysimon said:

None noticed the maggot?! 

But could be there to confuse us

I noticed that too - that's absolutely reminiscent of Nurgle models, the Death Guard are covered in them. But then, the rest of the picture looks nothing like something Nurgle would... Plus from the context I'm imagining it's from the new boxset.

Perhaps leeches on the boglings? 🤷‍♂️

Just now, DoctorPerils said:

I noticed that too - that's absolutely reminiscent of Nurgle models, the Death Guard are covered in them. But then, the rest of the picture looks nothing like something Nurgle would... Plus from the context I'm imagining it's from the new boxset.

Perhaps leeches on the boglings? 🤷‍♂️

Leechsquig confirmed XD

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Iksdee said:

It looks a lot like the face in the cavescribbles!

zuid3vtnj4x61.jpg 

Yeah indeed, I am currently working on a new speculation board to connect the Rumours and I also wanted to Include the Idea that the new Faction are the Stick Figures around Kragnos. This new Picture from today ties nicely in this.

58 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

I think it looks like part of a banner or totem of some kind. I love to get these pics every day till release.

Ugh, the idea that this is a totem and they decorated it with a fleshy tongue pierced by the teeth only to rot in the sun is so disturbingly dark that I can't help but love it. 

• Like 7

Considering the tiny lizard rumor turned out to be a feature on Kragnos' base... the maggot (or leech) does not at all inherently mean Nurgle

4 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Ugh, the idea that this is a totem and they decorated it with a fleshy tongue pierced by the teeth only to rot in the sun is so disturbingly dark that I can't help but love it. 

I think you're onto something here, the teeth clearly pierce whatever the 'tongue' is supposed to be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Considering the tiny lizard rumor turned out to be a feature on Kragnos' base... the maggot (or leech) does not at all inherently mean Nurgle

I think you're onto something here, the teeth clearly pierce whatever the 'tongue' is supposed to be.

That does make more sense!

2 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

What about the eyes though? The eye on the left as we look at it looks natural. It almost looks like a real creature except for the maggot that suggests the tongue is decayed. It would also be quite a tongue piercing for someone to get. It does look like the centre of the mask has been edited out, maybe because it would have given the game away. 

I think the maggot is simply there because the tongue is a real flesh tongue stick to the mask and nothing nurgle related. Parts of real corpses decay if you use them as decoration without the proper taxidermy.

The design of the mask in super cool. It seems to depict Kragnos, wich match the other totem we have seen worshiping him.

The nose holes and mouth hole seems like photoshoped out, I think this may be a mask that someone actually wears and not simply a totem. If these are creatures "pretending" to be Kragnos people, I can see them attaching masks like these to their skulls (maybe using a hole as a socket that later become the "skull with three eyes" that we have already seen)

If that is the case, this faction may have a little of a voodoo aesthethics, wich usually fits swamps in most fantasy settings, and that match with the description we have of a voodoo pot being one of the models too. They may even be inspired by the WoW trolls, as they look kinda like a half-orc half-goblin and match what we have heard.

I think these are voodoo greenskins now. That would be a fantastic unique new addition to the world and aesthethics of AoS.

• Thanks 1

Greenskinz used to have tons of stretched squig skin on models. This is pretty reminiscent of that. It even looks a bit like it could be a squig, some of them have pretty big tongues. I'm not saying this is necessarily squig skin, but that's what came to mind when I saw this rumor engine.
263420_md-Orc%20Warboss%2C%20Warhammer%20Fantasy.jpg

e81deeb8536c4412a9432da3f09fd1d9.jpg

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Greenskinz used to have tons of stretched squig skin on models. This is pretty reminiscent of that. It even looks a bit like it could be a squig, some of them have pretty big tongues. I'm not saying this is necessarily squig skin, but that's what came to mind when I saw this rumor engine.
263420_md-Orc%20Warboss%2C%20Warhammer%20Fantasy.jpg

What was this model? Its cool.