The Rumour Thread

20 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Yes, that's what i'm thinking, still i did'nt remember they specified a marsh subgroup.
Gloomspite already got two grots subspecies, why this new army can't do a mirror version of them with evil sun worship and other things?
Grotbag are named many times already, and going by the naming style they got, GW is already hinting to have them in the future (Kharadron were at first called Steamheads for example while Slayers were hinted by the name redlayers).
They could even subvert the idea and putting the third subgroup as the marsh ones as a Dank and shadow hating species forced to live in marshes and searching the Evil sun to warm them up (maybe cursed by the bad moon?).
But also the Gnoblars\Boglars idea is tempting, as a full fledged faction they could finally shine.

yeah, it was just one sentence in the Gloomspite Gitz battletome 

"Other Sub tribes of Grots vanish into harsher environments - some to deep marshes, other under the waves, While those that will eventually become the airborne Grotbag Scuttler vanish up mountainsides and away above the clouds."

i think it just to say mortal realms is big and there infinite possibilities for the players

2 hours ago, pitzok said:

has anyone else noticed that rippa's snarlfangs have a red shield with a kind of sun pattern on it?60120709003_WHUBGRippasSnarlfangs02.jpgjkghjgjg.png.7f844a506486ffe522f80eb5fec3bcc3.png
kinda reminds me of this face on the left of the clue banner thing

It seems to fit with the little red icon of Kragnos's base as a hint of what's coming, and there were the rumours about something steppe-ish, but with these teasers focusing on swamps and bogs, it threw things a little.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

What if we start getting teasers for different locales? The swamps, forests, steppes, mountains etc becoming an all encompassing metaphor that these new creatures are everywhere.

i don't really expect any more Teasers though, the next one is probably the full reveal. i think the Swamp is the main setting for the army

20 hours ago, sandlemad said:

those are tomb kings skeletons. Vampire Counts shields, Tomb Kings standard and headdress. A nice nod to her particular ancestry and a cause for great lamentation among TK players.

Uh, yeah. I don't see it as a nod, but rather as a laughing smack in the face to players who, like me, have no greater love for anything in the history of Warhammer than the Tomb Kings who were gleefully obliterated by GW.

Unless, of course, this is a harbinger of their return. At that point, I'll give GW my account and routing numbers.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sleboda said:

Uh, yeah. I don't see it as a nod, but rather as a laughing smack in the face to players who, like me, have no greater love for anything in the history of Warhammer than the Tomb Kings who were gleefully obliterated by GW.

its a nice artistic easter egg, my dude.

i dont think they meant you any harm

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sleboda said:

Unless, of course, this is a harbinger of their return. Art that point, I'll give GW My account and routing numbers.

Who knows? With Nagash currently K.O.ed by Teclis it might give room for more armies in Death with different views and goals.  I think the Soulblight tome coming out is a good indicator that story wise Tomb Kings can come back. 

4 hours ago, SunStorm said:

Could well be. Red for Gitmobs, Yellow for Badmoon and the Blue for the "new breed"?

Pretty sure the blue is spiderfang or skitterfang or whatever they call them, there is literally a spider hanging in front of it 

24 minutes ago, Tangjuicebox said:

Anyone else see a squig/ gobbo face or am I crazy? 

Screenshot_20210513-191409_Gallery.jpg

Sry I don't see it but I have noticed in the last scene maybe something different.
SWAMPS.png.aa195dfd6c0a8c594c58cbe0ae2c65a2.png

Not only the Red dots come near the fire there are some strange particles (in the red circles) which seem to fly with the red particles to the Campfire. I don't know if this means something or maybe i have just watched the teaser to much 😅 but I thought nonetheless its Interesting. (or it is just an animation error) 

3 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Yes, that's what i'm thinking, still i did'nt remember they specified a marsh subgroup.
Gloomspite already got two grots subspecies, why this new army can't do a mirror version of them with evil sun worship and other things?
Grotbag are named many times already, and going by the naming style they got, GW is already hinting to have them in the future (Kharadron were at first called Steamheads for example while Slayers were hinted by the name redlayers).
They could even subvert the idea and putting the third subgroup as the marsh ones as a Dank and shadow hating species forced to live in marshes and searching the Evil sun to warm them up (maybe cursed by the bad moon?).
But also the Gnoblars\Boglars idea is tempting, as a full fledged faction they could finally shine.
Still, as some already said,Fimir could be just some units added here and there like other monster sized infantry (as Troggoths and Minotaurs).

It could always be an update to the identity of spiderfang. They already like to live in the dark places of the world such as spooky forests, and the base decorations to the A-rok are already bog-like. The spider riders and scuttleboss are desperate for an update.

4 minutes ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

It could always be an update to the identity of spiderfang. They already like to live in the dark places of the world such as spooky forests, and the base decorations to the A-rok are already bog-like. The spider riders and scuttleboss are desperate for an update.

as much as i would like that, they keep using the word New like a New Breed of Evil, Something New is lurking in the Mortal Realms which i feel means it something we have not seen before or currently existing in the range.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/12/2021 at 8:24 AM, Gothmaug said:

So if a Wandering Monster Mechanic becomes the new Endless Spell for 3rd edition, I hope its a totally new mechanic than the wandering monster realm rules currently in place for Ghur. I'd much prefer a line of Neutrally-aligned "beasts" that could be taken b any army, similar to a mercenary unit. It also frees GW to make some models that can be taken by ANY army, which gives some love to some of the less supported lines. 

My mind keeps wandering back to this tantalizing possibility and I keep hoping that this indeed is the direction GW is going with this edition. I can only imagine the crazy monsters their designers could come up with.

As far as I know, none of the more credible rumor sources have implied that this is the case, so I'm not getting my hopes up, but I sure would be happy if it turned out to be true!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OkayestDM said:

My mind keeps wandering back to this tantalizing possibility and I keep hoping that this indeed is the direction GW is going with this edition. I can only imagine the crazy monsters their designers could come up with.

As far as I know, none of the more credible rumor sources have implied that this is the case, so I'm not getting my hopes up, but I sure would be happy if it turned out to be true!

I want dragons in all shapes and sizes. Other monsters and wild beasts...

but most of all I want dragons!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

well i do hope that calling the new setting "The Era of The Beast" actually means something in terms of Models

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, novakai said:

well i do hope that calling the new setting "The Era of The Beast" actually means something in terms of Models

I just really want to see the other half of the starter set. My interest is almost solely focused on whether it's Grots or not. If it isn't, I am going to focus on the Beastsnaggas for 40k. If it is, I am going to focus on AoS 3rd edition. Fimir would be cool, but would not be an instant purchase for me like Wolf/Spider/Bog grots.

Anyone with a potential picture leak, hit me up.. I won't tell anyone...

Edited by dirkdragonslayer
  • Like 2

On 5/11/2021 at 11:13 PM, Grim Beasties said:

So I've been looking over the swamp base on the new Stormcast Character to see if the architecture can give us an clues as to what our mystery faction might be. For starters the stone work is mostly in ruins and submerged by the swamp, it's likely whatever civilization built these structures have abandon them or no longer actively maintain them. Next we have the line and dot runes on the steps, the arch, and this unsolved rumor engine; I look for similar designs elsewhere and the closest in style I could find was from old Fimir artwork and even then it's not an exact match. We also have horned head pattern on both arches, I personally doubt it's beastmen as they are the completely anathema to the idea of a structure of this kind. As a bonus I decided to look through some paw types to see if I could find a match, it looks to have five toes so I don't think it's a wolf, it could be a bear but the structure is off. Then I look at a squirrel paw and surprisingly there where some similarities, correct number of toes, claws, but slightly different structure. While I definitely hope ore mystery animal is a Petra Squirrel I also wouldn't be disappointed if it wasn't. I do however hypothesis that the latest rumor engine is a slain version of our mystery animal.

E04jfvzX0As-MIM.jpeg

E05r_atX0AIgSvO.jpeg

E05r_iBX0AA67lf.jpeg

istockphoto-1093690722-612x612.jpg

f14f16603212990c9ed8da2534d237de.jpg

IBR6dWhsmH88cqBC.jpg

Because of your post and the last Pages, I got a little bit Carried away and went down a Rabbit hole with ancient alphabets and historical depictions of Goats and horned men. Now it is almost 6 am and I should really go to sleep. 1544497520_CONSPIRANCYWALL.jpg.28fc5f47a33335839ae029592d747a1d.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 5

1 hour ago, Udalriki said:

Because of your post and the last Pages, I got a little bit Carried away and went down a Rabbit hole with ancient alphabets and historical depictions of Goats and horned men. Now it is almost 6 am and I should really go to slee

Nice work! ... I'm pretty convinced that the red wispy stuff is important! .... it's ever present and yet under stated .... Perhaps a new evil "Will O' the Wisp" kinda thing?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will-o'-the-wisp

4 hours ago, CarkFish said:

Nice work! ... I'm pretty convinced that the red wispy stuff is important! .... it's ever present and yet under stated .... Perhaps a new evil "Will O' the Wisp" kinda thing?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will-o'-the-wisp

I really don’t the think the red is important. They’re just embers to give the trailer an atmospheric effect. Just look at nearly every movie poster for action/thriller/superhero movies from the last 5 years. They all have these glowing cinders.

• Like 2