The Rumour Thread

It seems to me like we are gonna get a small release for Stormcast, possibly just a Lord-Relictor pack. Maybe then people can put away the pitchforks. I want Cthulhu elves just as bad as the next person! But I also want a new Lord Relictor. 

53 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

IMO the key problem with this logic is that it's classic short-term focused business thinking. It sacrifices long term growth for short term profit. At any given point in time, it will always be the most profitable choice to put out something new for the most popular faction. The problem is that this tends to build ill-will in the community and inhibit growth. If a new player is investigating the hobby, they may be turned off when players tell them that one or two factions get far more content than the others. They may not like the favored factions, or they ma be turned off by the idea of favoritism to begin with. In the end, the new players that are most likely to be fine with the situation will be those that like the favored faction, and the existing players that are most likely to quit are those who see release after release for the same faction while theirs sits untouched. This causes a vicious cycle where over time more and more of the playerbase skews toward the favored factions, which in turn makes it harder for GW to justify releases for other factions. Thus stagnation sets in, and the more extreme the imbalance gets the more growth gets inhibited by the loss of existing players and the losses in opportunities to recruit new players.

Unfortunately it's hard to quantify these later factors while it's easy to quote sales numbers.

This is a classic assumption that is totally wrong. You assume that there is a significant portion of the community that gets mad when they see other factions get releases. Justt because you do doesnt mean anyone else will. There is no ill-will that 'inhibits growth' in the wider community, regardless of what vocal posters on forums and facebook groups say.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Meatgrinder said:

This is a classic assumption that is totally wrong. You assume that there is a significant portion of the community that gets mad when they see other factions get releases. Justt because you do doesnt mean anyone else will. There is no ill-will that 'inhibits growth' in the wider community, regardless of what vocal posters on forums and facebook groups say.

Because you have a different opinion than swarmofseals it doesn't mean that there are not many alike. It turns me off as well to see another stormcast coming when there are factions that beg for attention or others that are still waiting for announcement. I don't want AoS to be SC vs the rest. It's boring and unfair that players of one faction get all the tools to be able to counter all the others. 

Edited by Aryann
  • Like 3

That new rumor looks like something human, it's a reliquary of some form, made to look similar to but a poorer version of the Lord Relictor's standard.  Devoted of Sigmar perhaps, or something for Shadespire, but I'm almost certain that's human.

1 hour ago, stato said:

ANYWAY...

RumourEngineJuly19.jpg

I got a sort of 40k servitor-vibe off of this, but if it is AOS related, my bet is that it is death related. 

A cultist of death, perhaps? Keeps the remains of what-have-you to spread the glory of Nagash.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kosmion said:

Looks very 40k imperiel/cultist ish to me.. but i pray its death

Could be part of a Grey Knights war machine maybe?

My initial reaction was like others - flagellants or the like - but it's probably 40K. The idea that it might be scenery has merit as well.

If the rumor mill was 40k, I'd expect something other than hammered on parchment. Also, I think those bones are so low-detail, because they are stylised representations and not actual bones. GW is well capable of making low detail bones that actually look like bones if they want to (but then, they are well capable of putting some variation on copy-paste parchments and didn't).

It is clearly some sort of reliquiary shrine, but not one we have seen before.

Considering all that, I think it could be 40k Eklesiarchy, something Death (one can only hope), Faithful, more Stormcast or Terrain.

The piece looks more like an injected molded piece, rather than a printed piece - so this piece looks like something they would actually issue rather than an in progress piece. Therefore the lack of detail on this - which is so far removed from the level of detail we would expect from even battle line level of troops that I would echo the suggestion that it belongs to terrain or something to that effect.

Therefore, I think an objective markers for AOS - since 40k got some recently. I say AOS, but that includes Shadespire/Warhammer Quest and other games like that!

38 minutes ago, Mortarch said:

The piece looks more like an injected molded piece, rather than a printed piece - so this piece looks like something they would actually issue rather than an in progress piece. Therefore the lack of detail on this - which is so far removed from the level of detail we would expect from even battle line level of troops that I would echo the suggestion that it belongs to terrain or something to that effect.

Therefore, I think an objective markers for AOS - since 40k got some recently. I say AOS, but that includes Shadespire/Warhammer Quest and other games like that!

Could it be scenery markers for mystic terrain? That could be awesome. I guess GW feel kinda bummed out the scenery dice exits and their have very little options when it comes to marking scenery.

Objectives markers are an interesting thought. We know that the Generals Handbook 2017 is coming out soon (probably sometime in August), which would coincidentally be a time that makes most sense to release such an item, given that everyone will be rearing to get back into matched play to try out the new points.

Terrain could also be interesting, as we haven't really seen anything since the initial kits came out close after the release of AoS. Perhaps some Shadespire related terrain to go with Skirmish.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PraetorDragoon said:

It reminds me of Flagellants for some reason. Could this mean new Devoted of Sigmar/Order of Azyr?

This is what I thought when I saw it.

I've been trying to do a Devoted of Sigmar army for the last few months but the War Altar has been out of stock consistently.

Flagellants were out of stock for a while but have finally returned, though independant retailers can no longer buy them.

Dark Sphere had stock coming for the last 3/4 weeks and then the listing now says...

flag.jpg.a87d3ea564928d331c24f70c113116a9.jpg

The remade bit might mean they're just going onto rounds but we can only hope.

Would love a full blown Devoted of Sigmar release that would most definitely be my army going forward if that drops.

41 minutes ago, spidero said:

Was there not a reference to new modular terrain for AoS a couple of months back on Warhammer TV? That was my first thought when I saw this one. 

That would be amazing. The few pieces they have are good but dont really tie together as well as they should. More options would be really good for AoS as a game system.

20 minutes ago, stato said:

That would be amazing. The few pieces they have are good but dont really tie together as well as they should. More options would be really good for AoS as a game system.

I think there was a sewer grate looking thing way back in the rumour engines too. Could be related. 

39 minutes ago, spidero said:

I think there was a sewer grate looking thing way back in the rumour engines too. Could be related. 

Is there a post/place where all the rumour pics have been gathered together? would be fun to do some side by side comparisons.