The Rumour Thread

fyreslayer on mini magmadroth sound a bit... out of place for me. However, a unit like the rat-ogor (a tamer and several beast, like mini magmadroth) would sound more badass i think. Except eh khorgorath, we don't have units of monster

How about a sturdy dwarven chariot pulled by a (pair of?) mini-magmadroth or some other sort of volcanic-reptile? Heavy iron, lots of runes, flaming torches, not that fast but will wreck face when it hits. A driver and 1/2 fyreslayers hurling javelins like the runeson. Fits with the Hellenic/Wagnerian naked hero feel the fyreslayers have. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

How about a sturdy dwarven chariot pulled by a (pair of?) mini-magmadroth or some other sort of volcanic-reptile? Heavy iron, lots of runes, flaming torches, not that fast but will wreck face when it hits. A driver and 1/2 fyreslayers hurling javelins like the runeson. Fits with the Hellenic/Wagnerian naked hero feel the fyreslayers have. 

Only if we get a singing female dwarf on there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Only if we get a singing female dwarf on there.

Dual kit: one Vulkite Chariot bearing 3 ferocious berzerkers with fyrejavelins or one Zharrgrim Chariot bearing a Lodge-Priestess of Valaya singing the Runesong, 20" buff of some sort. It writes itself, GW gimme a job.

But, uh, back to rumours. Four mournfangs in the SC box is killer if true, gets you the big beastie for £10 at GW retail price.

How many magmadroths do people typically run with? The SC Seraphon is decent even if you get more than one because it lets you pad out common units, get further non-duplicate heroes and the troglodon isn't bad. Besides getting affordable vulkites/hearthguard, would further magmadroths with characters be useful?

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1

Good news!

Well, the hard part is still here, building a FS army is still very expensive, but now a little bit less.

Compared to Stormcasts, every 50€/58$/35£ brings you 200-300 army points where in FS army, it brings you 120 points.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

The models are massively detailed aren't they though ? Is that not what you pay for?  The detail of the models due to the complexity of the mould 

Up to a point, sure, but they're small models still and when they become effectively a horde army that value proposition becomes a little sketchy.

• Like 2

So from what was said on the Twitch stream it sounds like Path to Glory has been improved, and will be slightly more balanced; i mean it seems like you can still take a hero on a big monster but you'll have a lot fewer choices.  And, after all, it's meant to be narrative not min-maxed to all get out.  I'm excited for it, it sounds really cool and I hope I can get some people to play it.

• Like 2

For those interested the pre-orders for path to glory and new start collecting sets are up on the NZ GW site. 

The factions with war bands in the path to glory book are:

Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle, Slaanesh, Beasts of Chaos, Skaven, Clans Pestilens, Kharadron Overlords, Stormcast Eternals, Fyreslayers, Sylvaneth, Seraphon, Order (chosen from Human, Aelf and Duardin models), Ironjawz, Beastclaw Raiders, Bonesplitterz, Destruction (chosen from Orruk, Grot and Ogor models), Flesh-Eater Courts and Death

54 minutes ago, Uncas said:

For those interested the pre-orders for path to glory and new start collecting sets are up on the NZ GW site. 

Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle, Slaanesh, Beasts of Chaos, Skaven, Clans Pestilens, Kharadron Overlords, Stormcast Eternals, Fyreslayers, Sylvaneth, Seraphon, Order (chosen from Human, Aelf and Duardin models), Ironjawz, Beastclaw Raiders, Bonesplitterz, Destruction (chosen from Orruk, Grot and Ogor models), Flesh-Eater Courts and Death

We know that at least 18 factions are getting Allegiance abilities in GHB 2017, so it's not a long shot to say that these are good bets to pick up new rules.  Likely to be more than are mentioned here, as there are obviously some factions that have new abilities already (Khorne, Overlords, etc.).

Destruction, Order and Death catch-alls could be interesting. Possibly different city allegiances, like Hammerhall for example, with unique abilities and possibly paint schemes? 

36 minutes ago, Tzaangor Management said:

struction, Order and Death catch-alls could be interesting. Possibly different city allegiances, like Hammerhall for example, with unique abilities and possibly paint schemes

Could be but unless it's really really well done it will feel like a quick and dirty solution. What I like about the tomes so far is they tried to innovate and turn the fluff into impactful rules. My favorites so far would be sylvaneth wyldwoods, blades tithes points and the kahadron overlords. They all add a very specific play style and effects to the army from the fluff. 

By just grouping some order faction together that don't fit anywhere else... like I said only if it's really well done. 

54 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Could be but unless it's really really well done it will feel like a quick and dirty solution. What I like about the tomes so far is they tried to innovate and turn the fluff into impactful rules. My favorites so far would be sylvaneth wyldwoods, blades tithes points and the kahadron overlords. They all add a very specific play style and effects to the army from the fluff. 

By just grouping some order faction together that don't fit anywhere else... like I said only if it's really well done. 

Agreed. I think they'd have to do quite a few different cities with good background lore and distinct abilities to make them work, something along the lines of the different Overlord Skyports.

I could see it being a cool hobby project for someone deeper into the lore that I, but just struck me as a way a mixed allegiance could work, assuming that they port from P2G to GHB 2017, which is by no means a sure thing.

Edited by Tzaangor Management
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Uncas said:

Nice to see the official confirmation of of the Start Collecting boxes. I know there's not synergy between the various Dwarf factions, but I'm thinking of getting the Fyreslayer box and just mash them up with my overlords and dispossessed for an Order army that just happens to be all Dwarf. I'm not a tournament or otherwise competive player, so I guess I do have the luxury of mixed armies. I'm also looking at  the Beastclaw Raiders box and thinking of a mixed destruction with some orcs and goblins and trolls(I've got some rockgut troggoths in the mail just because I like the models and don't really have any solid plans on a destruction army). The problem is that good generic battle lines seem to be hard to come by in destruction. Kind of no sense in buying the Ironjawz models I like.