The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Verminlord said:

wolves will ride

I'm wondering if we may return to big grand alliance books temporarily for the start of 3.0 and then have a gradual book release for specific factions.

Could even be no new faction specific tomes and just story arcs with rule updates like Broken Realms had.

Screenshot_20210503-130701.jpg

Screenshot_20210503-130743.jpg

Screenshot_20210503-130426.jpg

Now that you mention it, that does look like the Evil Sun/Glareface Frazzlegit...

1 minute ago, sandlemad said:

I mean...

• new skeletons
  • new zombies
  • new dire wolves
  • new blood knights
  • new generic vampire lord
  • prince of rats
  • thirsting blade
  • radukar super-saiyan
  • belladama
  • mother of nightmares/vengorian lord

bolted onto an already pretty solid range of plastics... That's a good update on its own. There's a few conceivable slots they could have filled (vampire non-character infantry, some sort of cavalry vampire lord) but that's a very decent release, much more than was expected a few months ago.

how many of those models are just repackaged Cursed City expansion lords?  especially all the HQ

• Like 1

I wanted some Dire Wolves for my FEC army and these ones are pretty much exactly what I am looking for. The rest of the Gravelords is just not for me, other than Laukai Vai who is mental. Got to try and work some way to justify getting that model into an army I already have.

Excited for BR: Kragnos, Seige of Excelsis and some other rumblings all sound like a lot of fun. Hoping Gordrakk gets something good for himself. New Sylvaneth stuff is very exciting although a lot of factions are going to have to turn up in this book for BR to feature 'every faction'.

Kragnos himself really doesn't do all that much for me at the moment. He's cool and all but at the moment he feels very separate from the rest of Destruction, I expect/hope that whatever we see turns up in 3.0 gives him a more complete place to exist if that makes sense. As for his model, it's alright. Think I am going to wait for a few of the community's painters to get their hands on him before I judge too much, the way GW painted him I think is a bit one dimensional.

53 minutes ago, RamsesIII said:

From that new trailer, it sounds less like Kragnos' people died/were driven away and more like they just lost their way and became docile/not strong enough, could be wrong.

this still isn't clear at all--he's old enough to exist before current civilizations, but the reveal said he basically found some orruks and went "yea ok they like smashing stuff too, I'll lead them now" *before* being locked away so.. he should've already known his people were gone after waking up? maybe I misheard the full reveal trailer.

so now we know the cloud prophecy was Kragnos, now we need to see how this new dude ends up sieging Excelsis instead of Gordrakk...

extremely glad to see Destruction get an answer to their issues of Gorkamorka being the only Destruction God regardless!

• Like 1

Lots of cool minis in that preview. A touch disappointed they didn't show anything unexpected. The new dire wolves look fantastic as does the new Radukar model. 

The idea about him being changed from a cursed city expansion is nonsense though. They write the books a year ahead of schedule. It seems clear that Cursed city was intended to be a preview to the new range. The rumour engine hints that could be for Soulblight probably are cursed city expansions and not a lumineth style book 2.

I'm still not sure what to make of the big hybrid vampires. Those are minis I will need to see in person. 

Kragnos himself is cool though I much prefer the open mouthed version. The grinning face is too small. As for the story I like the idea of a bit of animosity in the destruction grand alliance. A big dust up between Gordrakk and Kragnos has potential. 

1 minute ago, Feii said:

for me especially the grave guard and stuff like the ghoul "subtype"

Once again, quite possible.

I have to say that GW did well by making new Vampires East European, good timing, as Resident Evil 8 is about to come out.

Edited by Sorrow
  • Like 4

Okay, so these were all-around solid reveals!
Belladama is perhaps my favourite reveal as her pose reminds me of Bretonnian Damsels of yore - except much more fanged and bestial. Guess this also confirms rumours about CC...Belladama would have been a perfect boss expansion down the line.

Big boy Kragnos is AWESOME!!! Oh Gw, why are you making it so hard to commit to a new army? And it seems there's a new Destro army waiting...

Screenshot_20210503-201025_1.png

2 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

Once again, quite possible.

I have to say that GW did well by making new Vampires East European, good timing, as Resident Evil 8 is about to come out.

I'm East European and don't see those vampires this way. 😛

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Beliman said:

As some people pointed out, maybe Gravelords are waiting for a second wave. Like Ironjawz, Sylvaneth, Idoneth, Kharadrons, Fyreslayers, etc...  

oh sure but fyreslayers were never supposed to get that second wave meanwhile this time this is baked into the release schedule. (the guy who leaked AoS said armies will be basically underworlds warband time gated once they are out of print they are out of print) 

I really like some of the models and I Vamps are solid and Krag is interesting. To be honest I would be kinda ok for Beasts to be moved from Chaos to Destruction, have his return break the beasts from Chaos and follow him. Would add a lot to the Destruction Grand Alliance and Chaos already has a lot going on. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Feii said:

how many of those models are just repackaged Cursed City expansion lords?  especially all the HQ

Two, at most: the Thirsting Blade and the Rat Prince are the only ones that fit. And honestly... so? Who cares? Dang, two new special characters released for a new dynasty, two new AoS-specific vampires! Oh wait, they don't count because uh they were originally sculpted for inclusion in a game about AoS vampires, damn, they're invalidated.

This isn't like WHU where they're best viewed as alternate sculpts with garbage rules, these are clearly integrated parts of the battletome.

I mean even throw those two out and you still have a new monstrous centrepiece, two other new SCs, a new generic hero, resculpts of two infantry kits, dire wolves, a new blood knights. That would be substantial on its own.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think it's likely Gordrakk is behind Kragnos joining this cause. From what the text says it seems Kragnos is much more of a juggernaut that smashes things and destruction forces follow in awe and not a traditional leader like Gordrakk who has goals and plans beyond just smashing things.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Feii said:

the guy who leaked AoS said armies will be basically underworlds warband time gated once they are out of print they are out of print) 

Can you elaborate on that a bit please? I'm confused.