The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, BrownDog said:

Hey all, let's temper expectations a little. For all we know the preview will be further Gravelord models and another Broken Realms book. I've seen angry disappointment too many times on the forum during previews.

Well, yeah. 

I have to say that IF we "only" get to see the end of the Soulblight range (aka Demi Drake Vampire Lady and Dire Wolves) and Kragnos, I'll be pretty disappointed. Also if we get news about years-ahead TOW and nothing for AOS 3....

Getting Idoneth for WHU is also a probable option, but not much to add to that "AOS" sum.. (also if we don't get any news for WHQuest or Wacry....).

BUT we are in May, at big event Warhammer Quest, with tons of rumors and leaks and a AOSified Ghal Maraz collectible coin, so I still have hope ! If it isn't shown Monday, it will be Saturday :P

"All of these characters have a part to play in the final chapter of the Broken Realms saga, and given the intensity of the first three books, this one’s going to be huge." 

Now I am shifting from confident about 3.0 being revealed next week to pretty damn certain.

Also who would win: some floaty Gods and a big ol' centaur man, or a father and daughter duo just making their way in the realms?

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

Okay, now I don't know if anyone feels me, but

... what if there is no Malerion faction, and there won't be one? Up until now we didn't really get a glimpse of Shadow Aelves except maybe Khainite Shadowstalkers. Morathi and her Melusai use the Lore of Shadows. The shadowy, winged agent who freed Van Brecht turned out to be one of Be'lakor's agents.

We know that Malerion wasn't too fond of his mother in the beginning, but he didn't excactly stop her though he must have been aware. What if Malerion came too admire her cunning, proactive ways once again, as he did in the World that Was?

There will be a Malerion model, but I think he might come as part of a Broken Realms volume, and then be attached to Daughters of Khaine, maybe even renaming the faction to Umbraneth Shadowkin or something like that. Similar to what they did with Be'lakor in StD. He might even bring one or two units, but I don't know if there's enough for a whole new faction, considering that Order is already quite overblown.

28 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

"All of these characters have a part to play in the final chapter of the Broken Realms saga, and given the intensity of the first three books, this one’s going to be huge." 

Now I am shifting from confident about 3.0 being revealed next week to pretty damn certain.

Also who would win: some floaty Gods and a big ol' centaur man, or a father and daughter duo just making their way in the realms?

And I'm less confident, if they spend whole monday on Kragnos and saturday on vamps...

Please please let me be wrong and saturday be 3.0 day. I'm so done with this edition already.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

I'm very sceptical that Saturday is 3.0. Otherwise it would say AoS on the calendar for Saturday too.

Think its probably something else - Epic 30k or maybe Old World. 

It could just be them hiding the obvious if they said AoS was on Saturday

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Wouldn't be hugely obvious. The fact that there are two days of 40k doesn't mean that one of those days is dedicated to a new edition.

Sure, but it's also the final day, and generally they've always saved what they consider best or 'biggest' for last when announcing these things

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Wouldn't be hugely obvious. The fact that there are two days of 40k doesn't mean that one of those days is dedicated to a new edition.

If they said AoS on Saturday which is both the weekend and the last day it would feel like something big was going to be reveal for AoS at this point.

leaving a mystery mark at least keeps some mystique to the reveal

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

Sigmar's gonna need to open up the centaurcast chamber if he wants to keep up!

I think I know what my next Dracoth conversion project will be now!  Need another couple Concussors to run with my 2 giant armored werewolf versions.  (my 2 old dogs got reforged in Azyr).

Didn't realize that the Stormcast had been parrtially cut off from Azyr.  That's pretty huge, and reminds me of the big giant warp storm in 40k splitting the Imperium.  All that led to 8th edition in 40k.  Yep, does seem like version 3.0 is coming soon.

Really wish Morghur would start mutating everything already!

• LOVE IT! 1

It's interesting that this is going to be the final broken realms because that would mean several factions are not getting anything before 3.0. They did say it would affect every army but apparently it seems like half the factions are being ignored

Edited by wayniac

4 minutes ago, wayniac said:

It's interesting that this is going to be the final broken realms because that would mean several factions are not getting anything before 3.0. They did say it would affect every army but apparently it seems like half the factions are being ignored

I guess if destruction was purposely left out of BR then this book would only need Sylvaneath (confirm) BoC, Khorne, Skaven, and Slaanesh (confirmed) to cover most major factions.

Gravelord are a new army for the most part and LoN is probably going out the door so they are probably excluded from BR as well

21 minutes ago, wayniac said:

They said every faction will be affected. Not that every faction will get rules. Considering what has happened so far, Id say every faction has been affected from a narrative point so far. 

18 minutes ago, novakai said:

I guess if destruction was purposely left out of BR then this book would only need Sylvaneath (confirm) BoC, Khorne, Skaven, and Slaanesh (confirmed) to cover most major factions.

Gravelord are a new army for the most part and LoN is probably going out the door so they are probably excluded from BR as well

Just wondering - the tides have really shifted to assuming Kragnos is Destruction based... knowing we're getting a sylvaneth model, and based on the list above...

Is there a growing possible he's BoC after all? Destruction appears to be getting a new starter set, so maybe they don't need a new centerpiece / god character now - I would assume more might be on the way for them in the months ahead if they're in the starter as we expected.

It really only leaves Skaven, Khorne, and BoC.  And I hate to say it - but at least Skaven technically DID something in Belakor.  BoC and Khorne have literally not been mentioned as far as I know....?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, novakai said:

It's funny, Destruction gets a lot of attention in the side stories they publish online, but none of the factions have gotten BR rules yet. It's surprising because I thought they would have at least compiled some of the White Dwarf bonus rules in a book (like the Troggherd stuff). From the line-up we see for Kragnos it's too crowded with all-star demigods to fit Gordrakk and friends.

It's not like we are being forgotten about since there are the recent Underworlds warbands and all the fluff, but omission from the books is odd. Not even the shiny new toys like the Megagargants get stuff. I wonder if AoS 3.0 is going to get an early campaign supplement with bonus rules for Grots/Orruks/Ogors, like what everyone else got during Broken Realms.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fyrenn said:

Just wondering - the tides have really shifted to assuming Kragnos is Destruction based... knowing we're getting a sylvaneth model, and based on the list above...

Is there a growing possible he's BoC after all? Destruction appears to be getting a new starter set, so maybe they don't need a new centerpiece / god character now - I would assume more might be on the way for them in the months ahead if they're in the starter as we expected.

It really only leaves Skaven, Khorne, and BoC.  And I hate to say it - but at least Skaven technically DID something in Belakor.  BoC and Khorne have literally not been mentioned as far as I know....?

My current assumption is that Kragnos is Beasts of Chaos. The face we see in one teaser pictures looks like a fancy Gor face. My guess is that he is some sort of god of Ur-Centaurs/Bull-Centaurs that built that ruined city he overlooks. They lost a war or something leading to Kragnos being sealed away, and he woke up to his people being snuffed out by the forces of Order. In a rage or searching for the closest thing to his children he takes command of the Beasts of Chaos.

I don't think he is destruction anymore, since the Kragnos book character line-up seems very focused on "Order vs Chaos." From what we have seen of the Broken Realms so far, Destruction isn't a factor and him being destruction would compete for attention with whatever Gordrakk is doing in the background.

5 minutes ago, Fyrenn said:

well i think currently people are divided on him being Kurnothi (maybe less so after the Warsong reveal)/ Destruction/ and recently more BOC because of his portrait release, there even still a Duardin camp because of the rumor engine

eh we will know by Monday, people are speculating he like Illuminor Szeras who got a new model at the end of PA and sort of herald the Necron release in 9th edition. So Kragnos is like Heralding destruction for the new edition

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

It's funny, Destruction gets a lot of attention in the side stories they publish online, but none of the factions have gotten BR rules yet. It's surprising because I thought they would have at least compiled some of the White Dwarf bonus rules in a book (like the Troggherd stuff). From the line-up we see for Kragnos it's too crowded with all-star demigods to fit Gordrakk and friends.

It's not like we are being forgotten about since there are the recent Underworlds warbands and all the fluff, but omission from the books is odd. Not even the shiny new toys like the Megagargants get stuff. I wonder if AoS 3.0 is going to get an early campaign supplement with bonus rules for Grots/Orruks/Ogors, like what everyone else got during Broken Realms.

i think its intentional since we are three books in and they haven't even sprinkle one Destruction army yet 

and they only needed to do one more BR book to cover every army so stoping at 4 books and ignoring Destruction seem like it was plan to keep them side line until the new Edition comes out