The Rumour Thread

My body is not ready for the return of the Gitmob. My first miniature was the Goblin wolfrider standard bearer when I was only 9. After that, my relationship with the hobby was buying a lot of Wolf-related gits like Grom, a lot of wolfriders plastic boxes, hobgoblins wolfriders and more...

I don't want to feel traitored if they don't come back. 😣

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

This ended up being barely related to what you said, but:

I'm almost scared of the idea of a Mawtribes update because of what it might do to the existing plastic kits. Almost all the actual ogres have some level of inter-compatibility, even if they were released multiple editions apart; I made an Ironguts squad out of Bulls (6th edition) and Mournfang Riders (8th edition) and the bits fit like they were made for each other. Based on the new Tyrant and other plastic kits, GW doesn't really do that kind of stuff anymore (look at the difference between old Tactical Squads and the newer Primaris units for other examples).

Ogres have some unfortunate looking resin sculpts lying around, but, again, with how customizable the infantry kits are, kitbashing foot-characters is basically a right of passage for most ogre collectors.

Call me paranoid, but I'd prefer keeping what we have over risking something new that might not be better.

All these "hobgoblin" rumors have me relieved since they'll give Destruction the attention it needs while keeping the heat off of Mawtribes

I absolutely love the customisation that can be done within Mawtribes with kitbashing, hell even the 2.0 Battletome has a little section on it.

However the problem Mawtribes have is they are still mostly rank and file models from WHFB. On one hand the fact the kits are so interchangeable is a blessing on the other you begin to notice that Gluttons, Leadbelchers and Ironguts all share the same body type with different arms or heads. It creates a very 'blocky' looking army. 

If they updated those kits or at least 2/3 with more dynamic posing such a Corpse Eater the range would look even better in my opinion. Just look at the STD Start Collecting Chaos Warriors for example, now imagine they are dynamically posed Ogors fighting!!

9 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

So much this. I can see GW phasing out finecast sooner than later. Hopefully that means new plastic yetis and sabretusks soon, both of which are hugely popular units. Then you've got butchers, maneaters, firebellies etc, and suddenly it looks like quite a big update.

Sadly though I can't see mawtribes being part of this destruction wave, especially if this is a preview from the new hobgoblin army. 

2021-02-09.png

The resin models all need to be updated especially the; Maneaters, Frost Sabres, Icebrow Hunter, Yehtee, Gorger, Butcher, Slaughtermaster.

• Like 3

For some reason i cant shake the feeling that Orruk warclans will become a Great Waaagh faction again including Gitmob Snarlfangs and an Orruk/Gitmob Chariot. Them joining the war driven Gordrakk makes more sense to me than adding them to Gloomspite Gitz. They would feel out of place worshipping the sun and GG already have similar units in Spider Riders and Squighoppers/Bounders + bosses. What do u all think about this?

Edited by Iksdee
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

For some reason i cant shake the feeling that Orruk warclans will become a Great Waaagh faction again including Gitmob Snarlfangs and an Orruk/Gitmob Chariot. Them joining the war driven Gordrakk makes more sense to me than adding them to Gloomspite Gitz. They would feel out of place worshipping the sun and GG already have similar units in Spider Riders and Squighoppers/Bounders + bosses. What do u all think about this?

I 100% agree. Orruks and (Hob)Grot belongs together under Grodrakk in some sort of Great Waaagh! / Warclan battletome... (Why not with some Troggoth and Gargants and funny Warmachines / ferocious beast chariot) ?!

Then, if we get such an update in AOS, I fear we won't see many non-Ironjawz or non-Bonesplitterz Orruks, because of the Beast Snaggas line coming for 40k (I hope I am wrong though). 

And as "someone else" said in the thread... Time to rewatch the Hobbit ;) 

--

BTW I think next Monday for the last Broken Realms models Preview, we'll see Kragnos. If he is really meant to be the last book with an epic showdown around Excelsis, then it's only logical to end the preview series with him. 

OR I could see Grombrindal coming (because of the Duardrazal fluff, the Be'lakor story end, and the White Dwarf short stories) instead. But that would mean another Broken Realms book (OR he is in BR : Kragnos too... that would be a bit heavy in big names). I guess we'll get new Duardin in the new edition relatively soon, just after Soulblight (or SCE / Destruction if they come in between this summer). 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

23 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I 100% agree. Orruks and (Hob)Grot belongs together under Grodrakk in some sort of Great Waaagh! / Warclan battletome... (Why not with some Troggoth and Gargants and funny Warmachines / ferocious beast chariot) ?!

Then, if we get such an update in AOS, I fear we won't see many non-Ironjawz or non-Bonesplitterz Orruks, because of the Beast Snaggas line coming for 40k (I hope I am wrong though). 

And as "someone else" said in the thread... Time to rewatch the Hobbit ;) 

--

BTW I think next Monday for the last Broken Realms models Preview, we'll see Kragnos. If he is really meant to be the last book with an epic showdown around Excelsis, then it's only logical to end the preview series with him. 

OR I could see Grombrindal coming (because of the Duardrazal fluff, the Be'lakor story end, and the White Dwarf short stories) instead. But that would mean another Broken Realms book (OR he is in BR : Kragnos too... that would be a bit heavy in big names). I guess we'll get new Duardin in the new edition relatively soon, just after Soulblight (or SCE / Destruction if they come in between this summer). 

@Whitefang posting about The Hobbit has my mind running a million ks an hour. He mentioned Orcs and Goblins within Tolkeins world being almost interchangeable so perhaps the Gitmob will be a part of Warclans, also the are a large amount of Warg mounted Orcs as well as many many Goblins in The Hobbit.

56 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

Just now, KingBrodd said:

@Whitefang posting about The Hobbit has my mind running a million ks an hour. He mentioned Orcs and Goblins within Tolkeins world being almost interchangeable so perhaps the Gitmob will be a part of Warclans, also the are a large amount of Warg mounted Orcs as well as many many Goblins in The Hobbit.

I think he refers that we are gonna see gitz of various sizes like in The Hobbit.

So I'm thinking about Cursed City being dropped sharply and the plausible-seeming idea that this is due to issues with cardboard and printing... Should we be worried about the future of Underworlds? Not that GW is going to stop production of all products with non-plastic stuff but it relies pretty heavily on cards, boards, tokens, etc. Could we see a slowing down of releases or even a shift in tack?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

So I'm thinking about Cursed City being dropped sharply and the plausible-seeming idea that this is due to issues with cardboard and printing... Should we be worried about the future of Underworlds? Not that GW is going to stop production of all products with non-plastic stuff but it relies pretty heavily on cards, boards, tokens, etc. Could we see a slowing down of releases or even a shift in tack?

Honest answer - not sure but my thoughts are no.

My brother in law is a printer and he’s not mentioned anything about issues with supply of card. This doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist or there’s concerns about it but I don’t this is what has caused the change with Cursed City. Also thinking about production runs and getting stock out to people round the world, Cursed City would have been made and shipped a while ago. I think there has been some other issue such as a quality problem or the rumoured copyright infringement. Again, I don’t know and this could have just been a combination of sales technique (Fear of Missing Out) and planning (not wanting another Dreadfleet which by the way is a cool game). I don’t think we will ever know but the pause suggests there has been some sort of issue.

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

This part makes me wonder if the old warmachines will make a comeback if Gordrakk will siege Excelsis. I also cant wait to see the Kragnos model.

1 hour ago, Gaz Taylor said:

My brother in law is a printer and he’s not mentioned anything about issues with supply of card. 

Since lockdowns began there has been a worldwide overproduction of all kind of paper as the demand for office equipment plummeted. That said, it seems that there are some logistic/subcontractor issues with the printed part of the game, as GW said that the figures themselves will be available soon.

What if it would not be just classic orruks and classic gits like in Warhammer Battle ? As viewed before there is a lot of rumor engine pointed to old style Orruk charriot. You talk about classic gits riding wolves and some are speaking about tech gits (flying ones).

Maybe they are rebooting the old warhammer Empire vs Greenskin box with more chilvalry stormcasts and a new race of classical orruks/gits without the over abundance of plate like ironjaws neither being naked like the bonesplitters and with the artillery of the gits (doom diver catapult). But after speaking about that i think maybe it doesn't fit in the game.

2 hours ago, Incineroar87 said:

Have the rumors hinted if BR Kragnos is releasing with a unique associated beast like army or if he's just a single character leading a united destruction army?  If he's just a solo character that would be super disappointing tbh.

At this point I think he may be a single model.

34 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

2000 points, €650, counts as 60 for capping objectives, and caps all objectives within 24"

You joke but this is why they needed (most likely) to errata  the non named lumineth HQ into a UNIQUE version so you just cannot instantly pre game cap all/most of the objectives haha. 

1 minute ago, Feii said:

You joke but this is why they needed (most likely) to errata  the non named lumineth HQ into a UNIQUE version so you just cannot instantly pre game cap all/most of the objectives haha. 

It would fit the Luminth theme to cap all objectives without the opponent having a chance to do anything about it. Good that they showed at least SOME restraint.

3 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Honest answer - not sure but my thoughts are no.

My brother in law is a printer and he’s not mentioned anything about issues with supply of card. This doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist or there’s concerns about it but I don’t this is what has caused the change with Cursed City. Also thinking about production runs and getting stock out to people round the world, Cursed City would have been made and shipped a while ago. I think there has been some other issue such as a quality problem or the rumoured copyright infringement. Again, I don’t know and this could have just been a combination of sales technique (Fear of Missing Out) and planning (not wanting another Dreadfleet which by the way is a cool game). I don’t think we will ever know but the pause suggests there has been some sort of issue.

I wasn't thinking about issues of supply of card so much as this rumoured Brexit issue with tariffs on goods containing a certain % of cardboard by weight combined with their previous UK printer going out of business. The implication here is that maybe they can't get more copies made in good order or - given what you say about production runs in advance - maybe that they suddenly can't make it to the same profit margins they'd factored for the release.

I really don't think this Cursed City business was planned though. It's certainly difficult to overemphasise what Dreadfleet did to GW's thinking but given how suddenly silent they've become about a very heavily promoted product which had every indication of being as 'permanent' a feature as Blackstone Fortress with possible expansions, it looks like some sudden change behind the scenes caught them flat-footed and inadvertently turned this into a single print-run game (for now). The copyright infringement thing is new to me, mind, not sure it's as convincing when there's so much GW material still online about it.

Which then gets me a bit concerned about WHU. There's other products that could be affected - endless spells, warscroll cards, other assorted gubbins - but WHU is probably the most card-heavy full game GW has. Simply stopping WHU seems unlikely. I'm spitballing but we might see a slowdown of releases until they find a way to work around this or we might even see it shift in the next season to a game that has less need for all the card stuff.

• Like 1

Unless Kragnos is associated with the rumoured coming wolf-rider faction (which he might be!), I assume we'll just see him as a single model without an associated new army. I have no idea where they'd even cram in a whole new army on top of the wolf-riders and Soulblight Gravelords; certainly I'd have expected to hear more rumours or see more Rumour Engine pics suggesting one by now, if it was coming.