The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

My guess is 

If there's any weight to it then it's probably just Stormcast in typical knightly trappings, kind of like the 'Gothic Primaris' Bladeguard Veterans.

My theory for 3.0's potential big box Destruction army will be the spiritual return of Greenskinz. We've seen with Gravelords they're open to updating WHFB sculpts and 'generic' concepts like skeletons and zombies, which came as a surprise to many people (including me) as well as Witch Hunters making a return and a potentially very Wood Elf look for the Kurnothi instead of all being animal-hybrids. Right now there's nothing between the Not!BlackOrcs of the Ironjawz and the Savage Orcs/Bonesplittaz, a place O&G/Greenskins previously had.

Could definitely see that after Slaves and Vampires. Possibly some long term thinking for eventual Old World overlap there.

Was in my local Warhammer store today and the manager hit me with the hard truths.

Cursed City is sold out entirely across the north of the UK in GW stores. 

It was, from what he gathered, issues with tariffs and the Suez Canal.

However, he'd heard to tell customers not to worry because 'the minis will be avaliable soon' - so expect the minis at least to become avaliable. Had no idea when though.

Similar thing to others in the thread though - with 'big' AOS releases coming so 'not to feel too down'. 

AoS 3.0 seems to be coming v soon then lads.

Love the idea of a 'Grom the Paunch' character though.

I wonder if this 'hobgoblin' faction might be the spiritual successor to the old Greenskins faction that got squatted?

Wolf riders/chariots etc. Maybe even the return of Snotlings?

Imo a more 'grim' Stormcast vs a more traditional greenskins would do wonders. Might even appease the old guard and the ones who've come from TWW?

• LOVE IT! 3

13 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

My guess is 

If there's any weight to it then it's probably just Stormcast in typical knightly trappings, kind of like the 'Gothic Primaris' Bladeguard Veterans.

My theory for 3.0's potential big box Destruction army will be the spiritual return of Greenskinz. We've seen with Gravelords they're open to updating WHFB sculpts and 'generic' concepts like skeletons and zombies, which came as a surprise to many people (including me) as well as Witch Hunters making a return and a potentially very Wood Elf look for the Kurnothi instead of all being animal-hybrids. Right now there's nothing between the Not!BlackOrcs of the Ironjawz and the Savage Orcs/Bonesplittaz, a place O&G/Greenskins previously had.

Oh god don't say that. Teutonic Knight Stormcast is something that could pry open my wallet pretty damn hard

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

I don't know, something new. An old God, forgotten or unknown by the other Gods.

@whitefang reacted to this post, ENHANCE!! ENHAAAANCE!!

49 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

I read it on a lore wiki, but the source is dark harvest chapter 15, although it's marked as a legend. Assuming the legend is true the kurnoth that was slain by nurgle would've been the one grown from the original one's heart.

My brain says its the first narrative book of 3.0 and is either BR5 or kicks off a new set of narrative books.

I think this partly because I've heard (obviously unconfirmed) rumors of Gitmob being in the new starter set, and the only two things that would make sense for them would be a Lumineth vs Gitmob rematch (4th ed starter nostalgia) or as an initial scouting/raiding party for the Siege. The idea of the starter set being a prequel actually makes a lot of sense if we get a limited run "Indomitus Style" starter box like 40k did. When they eventually released the smaller "evergreen" starter box the narrative stuff had been removed.

As long as Destruction is present in the Starter I'll be happy. I'd also love to see Gitmob and Hobgrots be in that box. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

Was in my local Warhammer store today and the manager hit me with the hard truths.

Cursed City is sold out entirely across the north of the UK in GW stores. 

It was, from what he gathered, issues with tariffs and the Suez Canal.

However, he'd heard to tell customers not to worry because 'the minis will be avaliable soon' - so expect the minis at least to become avaliable. Had no idea when though.

Similar thing to others in the thread though - with 'big' AOS releases coming so 'not to feel too down'. 

AoS 3.0 seems to be coming v soon then lads.

Love the idea of a 'Grom the Paunch' character though.

I wonder if this 'hobgoblin' faction might be the spiritual successor to the old Greenskins faction that got squatted?

Imo a more 'grim' Stormcast vs a more traditional greenskins would do wonders. Might even appease the old guard and the ones who've come from TWW?

I'm so excited for 3.0

• LOVE IT! 1

Hey guys, just new over here and loving the rumours so I thought I’d see if I could stir it up too!

What are your thoughts on this screenshot? It’s from the Azyr app, where there is a new allegiance you can pick: Soulblight Gravelords...

Looks like a few of the Cursed City models have been added, wonder why those ones in particular?

C9FA9F32-67A2-419E-89DD-24BA5E6E9336.png

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

8 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

Something I've noticed about the Beast snagga's for 40k is that if they had lower tech weapons they would 100% pass for an updated Greenskinz line, like the only thing that marks the models as 40k is their hands (and specifically what's in them). We're also expecting a chariot since there was a drawing of a few of those pig squigs pulling a wagon of some sort. I've got nothing to go off of but if those happened to be a kit that worked in both 40k and AoS I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest (Its not the first time either, Tzaangors did it and daemons have been doing it forever)

12 minutes ago, Il Maestro said:

Hey guys, just new over here and loving the rumours so I thought I’d see if I could stir it up too!

What are your thoughts on this screenshot? It’s from the Azyr app, where there is a new allegiance you can pick: Soulblight Gravelords...

Looks like a few of the Cursed City models have been added, wonder why those ones in particular?

C9FA9F32-67A2-419E-89DD-24BA5E6E9336.png

So I had a look myself, and in the 'Battleline' section you have the vargheists and Blood Knights, and the leader section you have all vampires currently available. Iiiinteresting if both blood knights and vargheists can be battleline, could lead to being somewhat elite?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

So I had a look myself, and in the 'Battleline' section you have the vargheists and Blood Knights, and the leader section you have all vampires currently available. Iiiinteresting if both blood knights and vargheists can be battleline, could lead to being somewhat elite?

Sounds cool. I imagine a lot of people would love the opportunity to play them both elite/ vampire heavy sometimes and Skeleton/Zombie hoard heavy others. We can only hope!

• Like 1

And Radukar is the only named character that’s made it to the ‘Leader’ spot.

Just made me think - either there is a sneaky GW employee updating the app early and giving us some Easter Eggs, or the system is automated in some fashion to update Azyr as releases occur. The interesting thing is that there aren’t any warscrolls for the skeletons or zombies in the Cursed City box, which makes me wonder if they have a new model release coming up? Something that didn’t automatically trigger with the Cursed City box set?

And just to dump more info in here to mess **** up, here are some of the warscrolls that are updated as of March 2021... attack!

11168863-E6BD-4465-A4E3-681C2BA59B25.png

41933228-C338-4B8D-BA99-D5F6F26B4789.png

B4F6EB75-FFDB-40D3-B319-F97F586A1634.png

4435779E-4B17-46C6-B0DE-605A792094F8.png

DCDA379A-7743-4774-81A9-697747181965.png

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

But the Kurnothi are not extinct and the Kragnos' people had gone.

Who would imprison an ORDER God?.

Hasn't Alarielle has done that essentially in Dark Harvest where its implied that she took Kurnoth's heart/soulpod and trapped/buried/bound his corpse in the ground keeping him imprisoned? Not sure if the novels are true cannon but wouldn't put it past Alarielle to do that sorta thing or even Sigmar.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Incineroar87 said:

Hasn't Alarielle has done that essentially in Dark Harvest where its implied that she took Kurnoth's heart/soulpod and trapped/buried/bound his corpse in the ground keeping him imprisoned? Not sure if the novels are true cannon but wouldn't put it past Alarielle to do that sorta thing or even Sigmar.

I already read the book but others might appreciate a spoiler tag here...

Question - with all the talk about a new edition, and then the talk of potential printing issues / tariffs with China being behind the Cursed City stuff - do we know if there is going to be an GHB2021, and if so, would the fact that it's printed in China (or at least it was last year) impact that at all?

Do they tend to release when there is a new edition within a few months? would the announcement (or lack of) mean anything?

I believe we saw the import records of GHB2020 by this time last year....

20 minutes ago, Bayul said:

I already read the book but others might appreciate a spoiler tag here...

Multiple people made the same comment I did long before I posted, since they didn't spoiler tag I assumed it would be fine.  I'll take note of that for next time when bringing up lore., cheers !!

1 hour ago, Fyrenn said:

Question - with all the talk about a new edition, and then the talk of potential printing issues / tariffs with China being behind the Cursed City stuff - do we know if there is going to be an GHB2021, and if so, would the fact that it's printed in China (or at least it was last year) impact that at all?

Do they tend to release when there is a new edition within a few months? would the announcement (or lack of) mean anything?

I believe we saw the import records of GHB2020 by this time last year....

Softbacks are printed in the UK I believe, so would be unaffected 

I've only played small games of aos. Can anyone tell me where Radukar up above sits in terms in strength as a character? Strong, weak, kind of average.

I keep hoping, likely in vain, that vampire characters will be strong but a little rare on the battlefield compared to some of the factions that field a lot of mid price heros.

16 minutes ago, Orchid89 said:

Start Collecting! Malignants No Longer Available online in US but only Temporarily out of stock Online in UK.
I wonder if it means anything.

Hard to go on anything like that atm. With the delay GW is obviously having some serious covid/ supply line issues so out of stock or no longer available might just be a symptom of that! Guess time will tell

Would be nice to have a faction leader that can be used in every army of the faction like negash or archy unlike gordrakk (and yes I'm salty my ogor conversion of him can't be used by the mawtribes) so I hope he is the new destruction leader. 

14 hours ago, Whitefang said:

When Kragonos said “my people are gone”, he might literally mean it

Everyone of them, gone

The city ruin thing he was looking at also doesn’t necessarily belong to his people.

The city might be turned into a ruin, very recently...

Any info on Umbraneth plz?
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, KratosvonCarstein said:

Don't know if this has been posted before but Grimdark Live seem extremely sure of an Indomitus styled box in June for AoS 3.0 and Hobgoblins are part of this box as a new destruction faction:

Question then is, are they Hobgrots? Hobgits? What is their AOS name?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1