The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I play death metal that aren't covered in spikes!

So I guess I am not invited to the party... my moniker never felt so apt 😥

At least I can count on like 40 new Warcry warbands as consolation and I suppose my ogors can always party 😇

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

So I guess I am not invited to the party... my moniker never felt so apt 😥

At least I can count on like 40 new Warcry warbands as consolation and I suppose my ogors can always party 😇

Nah, you’re invited. Just don’t bring any Khorne bois, my skeletons need their skulls.

• LOVE IT! 1

Tin Foil hat time.

I’ve been doing some late night reading on the Ellinilli - elven Nature Gods of Destruction from the Old World, Mathlann having been one of them.  According to the story as I understand it, the big bag God of Elven Destruction consumed all but 5 of his children. Some events took place and Ellinill (Name of said God) was weakened and remained a somewhat volatile but neutral force while his 5 remaining children occasionally dipped their toes into causing some nuisances like earthquakes and storms.

Now here’s the Tin hat - Kragnos is one of these Elf God Sons of Destruction, either an Amalgamation of many, a new Ellinilli reborn within the Realms, or one additional from the OG five that escaped. This could mean then 2 things - an actual Elven God of Destruction as they were not aligned to the Cadai; and it’s why Kragnos refers himself as the last of his Kind - the last Elven God of Destruction, and in a way,the Last Elder Elven God as all the others are Dead - for now. 

As you were. 

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I still think that the new starter will have more updated sculpts than new models on the Stormcast side. It's a great opportunity to update the warrior chamber (Liberators, Judicators) to include woman Stormies. Sprinkle this with a few new tools and I think this is what we'll see.

If Stormcast get replacements for kits that are plastic, modular, and barely 5 years old before the Seraphon and Skaven get updates then I'm going to do something that makes the Necroquake look like a ****** joke.

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

16 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

If Stormcast get replacements for kits that are plastic, modular, and barely 5 years old before the Seraphon and Skaven get updates then I'm going to do something that makes the Necroquake look like a ****** joke.

Well if they are included in the Starter set they will likely be easy to build monopose... but I am with you on a sweeping Skaven and Seraphon rework.

Now that I am writing this I am thinking how amazing a Seraphon/Skaven starter set would actually be and they have history with each other and are iconic fan favourites to boot 🤔

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Tin Foil hat time.

I’ve been doing some late night reading on the Ellinilli - elven Nature Gods of Destruction from the Old World, Mathlann having been one of them.  According to the story as I understand it, the big bag God of Elven Destruction consumed all but 5 of his children. Some events took place and Ellinill (Name of said God) was weakened and remained a somewhat volatile but neutral force while his 5 remaining children occasionally dipped their toes into causing some nuisances like earthquakes and storms.

Now here’s the Tin hat - Kragnos is one of these Elf God Sons of Destruction, either an Amalgamation of many, a new Ellinilli reborn within the Realms, or one additional from the OG five that escaped. This could mean then 2 things - an actual Elven God of Destruction as they were not aligned to the Cadai; and it’s why Kragnos refers himself as the last of his Kind - the last Elven God of Destruction, and in a way,the Last Elder Elven God as all the others are Dead - for now. 

As you were. 

If that’s truly the case then this is one group of elgi I think everyone could get behind.  My personal theory is that this Kragnos guy was a demigod/ of Beastgrave(since it looks like he’s staring at the previously named mountain), and has awoken due to all the dueling going on in the mountain’s guts. 

• Like 1

Can't stop thinking about Kragnos. I love that we have no idea what faction is tied to or even what he really is. 

I originally just thought Kurnothi but why would a (presumably) ancient god like deity of Aelves have a Duradin themed shield. The rumour engine just screams Duradin and the weapon looks rather crude and blunt. 

I also immediately thought the chaos hoof rumour was Kragnos too but its certainly different than the art, although not too different in comparison. 

I think he's definitely an Ogroid but I'm going to wear the most crumpled, light reflective tin foil hat there is on this one and say he's tied to the Bull Centaurs with the Chaos Duradin. Being trapped in the mountain, it just feels right. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

This gave me a good chuckle but I agree. Seraphon and especially Skaven are in dire need of updated minis. They barely even need new kits just update what is there for now and come back around to them. 

On the topic of UW Warbands, the whole revealing a new Warband the first Friday of the month is gone now but next Friday could we see the Idoneth fish unveiled?

I'm also still personally of the belief that Kragnos is an Ogroid and his people being gone is due to their joining of Chaos, they're not literally gone but aren't what they were.

Hoping for a full on Ogroid Faction with Centaurs, Ogroids and Fomoroids and perhaps even Fimir. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm also still personally of the belief that Kragnos is an Ogroid and his people being gone is due to their joining of Chaos, they're not literally gone but aren't what they were.

Hoping for a full on Ogroid Faction with Centaurs, Ogroids and Fomoroids and perhaps even Fimir. 

Oh my...!!. I can't take this anymore... If the Fimirs are going to return, I promise I would become the KingBrodd of the one-eyed lads.

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 1

56 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Oh my...!!. I can't take this anymore... If the Fimirs are going to return, I promise I would become the KingBrodd of the one-eyed lads.

Yeah, Fimir rock! Even bought the FW kit, despite not being able to use it in my army.

It's terrible that they didn't do them already as a one-off at least (I would've much preferred them over the Fomoroid). The design is iconic since Heroquest! If needed, change the background for cancel culture a bit but give them their due!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Can't stop thinking about Kragnos. I love that we have no idea what faction is tied to or even what he really is. 

I originally just thought Kurnothi but why would a (presumably) ancient god like deity of Aelves have a Duradin themed shield. The rumour engine just screams Duradin and the weapon looks rather crude and blunt. 

I also immediately thought the chaos hoof rumour was Kragnos too but its certainly different than the art, although not too different in comparison. 

I think he's definitely an Ogroid but I'm going to wear the most crumpled, light reflective tin foil hat there is on this one and say he's tied to the Bull Centaurs with the Chaos Duradin. Being trapped in the mountain, it just feels right. 

The shield screams of trophies from duardin, more than crafted by duardin specifically for this guy. Now, chaos duardin would surely quite like trophies from their order brethren, but his club looks a bit crude for something manufactured by the Dawi Zharr

Over the moon if I'm wrong though 😅

Edited by DoctorPerils
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, DoctorPerils said:

The shield screams of trophies from duardin, more than crafted by duardin specifically for this guy. Now, chaos duardin would surely quite like trophies from their order brethren, but his club looks a bit crude for something manufactured by the Dawi Zharr

Over the moon if I'm wrong though 😅

I was looking at them as decorations. interesting thought of them being trophies instead. If he's got a particularly hateful preference for Duradin, I wonder if they were the ones that trapped him in the mountain. 

Aye his club does look a bit 'battered' by Dawi-Zharr standards. 

Just reading a little lore, after KingBrodd mentioned his people being gone as a result of turning to chaos. I had absolutely no idea that Ogroids were originally a Destruction race and they gave in to Chaos. Mind blown. 

Ok I'm in the new Destruction race camp now. So Kragnos Could've been trapped within Beastgrave maybe even before the Ogroids betrayed GorkaMorka, awakened to find his people no longer the same. 

Maybe all Ogroids were originally Centaurs, but after being tainted by Chaos they became more humanoid, although that doesn't sound very Chaos does it hahaha. 

Aw man, I'm so intrigued now. If that's true, does that mean there are more untainted Ogroids left, could we see the Fimir return also, with perhaps other ancient races like the Fomoroids joining their ranks, banding together against those who treated them as slaves.... Ok I'm basically wish listing here. By Sigmar there is hype!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

10 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I was looking at them as decorations. interesting thought of them being trophies instead. If he's got a particularly hateful preference for Duradin, I wonder if they were the ones that trapped him in the mountain. 

Aye his club does look a bit 'battered' by Dawi-Zharr standards. 

Just reading a little lore, after KingBrodd mentioned his people being gone as a result of turning to chaos. I had absolutely no idea that Ogroids were originally a Destruction race and they gave in to Chaos. Mind blown. 

Ok I'm in the new Destruction race camp now. So Kragnos Could've been trapped within Beastgrave maybe even before the Ogroids betrayed GorkaMorka, awakened to find his people no longer the same. 

Maybe all Ogroids were originally Centaurs, but after being tainted by Chaos they became more humanoid, although that doesn't sound very Chaos does it hahaha. 

Aw man, I'm so intrigued now. If that's true, does that mean there are more untainted Ogroids left, could we see the Fimir return also, with perhaps other ancient races like the Fomoroids joining their ranks, banding together against those who treated them as slaves.... Ok I'm basically wish listing here. By Sigmar there is hype!

Join the hype train on its destination to DESTRUCTION!! I just feel an Ogroid army is just as likely as a Kurnothi Faction. The lore is there, he looks Ogroid and his weapon screams Destruction, his shield could very well be Duardin trophies and his people are gone. I've done the standard Wishlisting and hype building to set myself up to be disappointed haha

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kronos said:

Tin Foil hat time.

As you were. 

Interesting.. especially if he's related Mathlann.. I still think he's an older god that will adopt the Kurnothi, lets them create something new rather than a reworked Orion model but as a centaur rather than a satyr, the different armour design due to him being from another time and another civilisation . The symbols on his shield look a bit Pictish and seem to be sun/moon designs. I think the top of his mace is a flat sun- natural cycles maybe. 

Hopefully next week we'll get a new pice of fiction/the story from BR Teclis which might give us some hints as to where he fits in. 

4 hours ago, Sonnenspeer said:

If you take "but my people are gone" literally, he must be a one man army 😅

Could be- maybe more of a free agent like Belakor. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Beliman said:

sbIrP8tqxcA81saS.jpg
This image is so lovely the photography for the new LRL stuff has been really fantastic. Lots of playing with levels and wonderful showcasing of scale.

I love seeing the different spirits on the same field. I feel like LRL would be a very very expensive faction for me. 😧

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Neverchosen said:

sbIrP8tqxcA81saS.jpg
This image is so lovely the photography for the new LRL stuff has been really fantastic. Lots of playing with levels and wonderful showcasing of scale.

Yeah they have done some great work with the photos! Can’t wait to cruise around the battlefield on this gem of a model. #relaxed

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I love seeing the different spirits on the same field. I feel like LRL would be a very very expensive faction for me. 😧

Me too!! I'm was really tempted to start them, but Drukhari are going to be my next project (I need more boats in my life!). But let's be honest, they have one of the best armies in the entire AoS range. 

Just the possibility to play with Vanari-only  or full aelementari and everything inbetween is awesome.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1