The Rumour Thread

37 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

I agree that GW have done a great job of introducing new interpretations of the old races for AOS ( esp LRL ),  I just want them to take that little extra step and introduce something completely new; not Aelf, or Duardin, human or Seraphon, Orruk or Ogor, but a new race not seen before in either setting.  Everything up to now has its roots in the past.  Give us something without a past that says "this is the future".  Give us the "Age of the Godbeasts".

Agreed mate.

• Like 1

Just now, Athrawes said:

GW did say that the centaur guy in the teaser is Kragnos though.

All their social media tags linking to that video preface it by saying "catch a glimpse of the next cover star of AOS's ongoing Narrative"

Yeah, they did... BUT.

I'm just not sure they are correct. That centaur guy, on his own, does not look like an 'awoken god' in GW terms. This could be a change, but GW seems to relish in the opportunity to make over the top centerpiece kits. If this is a god-level, or demi-god level, you'd expect Nagash, Morathi, even the new glutos guy - something you build an army around.

Could they put this guy on a fancy base? SURE! But if you're making anything kurnothi or beast adjacent, and it's something 'trapped under a mountain', you'd expect something really big, or fanciful.

I think it's fairly easy for there to be misunderstanding in the community management team - IE, they likely do not know themselves who Kragnos is. They do know, however, this is art affiliated with the new book. It's pretty easy to just write "here's a sneak peak at Kragnos!" as opposed to "here's a sneak peak of the cover star of kragnos!"

What if this other guy is on the cover, and is not Kragnos himself?  What if it's just bringing beastgrave back to the basics - BoC and Kurnothi, with both playing a role.

That's why I prescribe to the narrative (beyond no reason past my own will) that Kragnos is BoC / Shaggoth related, and the Kurnothi are going to be involved in that narrative as opponents. I also love the concept of the two being merged - but it's all speculation anyway.

Just now, JustAsPlanned said:

It’s all so beautiful, FINALLY! I rarely do this when new stuff comes out, but for this occasion I’m gonna get the limited edition BT and the Hurakan stuff FIRST DAY! No Cursed City this week, but that’s absolutely fine - just means it’s more likely to be announced next week. 

I’m contemplating the limited edition battletome but I might save the money and get extra blademasters 

Just now, SirSalabean said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the battleboxs?

If they are the same price of the ones before, the Ossiarch should save a good amount of money.

FeC is basically changing the terrorghesit with the arch regent + 10 ghouls.

Nurgle seens a little lackluster, 20 plaguebearers and 2 heroes.

Cities should be good if you need the luminarch/hurricanum for a existing cities army.

• Like 1

I like the Nurgle box if not for the fact it's more plaguebearers. Throw in a SC! Daemons of Nurgle box and you're pretty much set outside the GUO?

The FEC one coupled with a SC! set makes a fairly solid 1k point list I guess? 

Those two feel a wee bit weak but no complaints.

OBR is pretty good, no complaints.

CoS seems a wee bit alright for a cheap hurricanum but can't see much use of it outside of that.

I'll pick up the Nurgle box bc Chaos and might grab up an OBR one if it doesn't sell out instantly but overall they're pretty fair

10 minutes ago, novakai said:

image.png.9b3760ca4bc809e06ce9c6080f137683.png

BR sets

i hope they change the scroll for Bilepiper and Scrienex because they do barely anything and  have no buff that have Plaguebeaerer if i remember correctly 

So Horrek was indeed a Liege Kavalos. I guess we got something right for once.

I'm somewhat interested in that double Hurricanum plus Battlemage box. I was looking to pick up one of those and the mage anyway. If the price is good, that might be a nice pick up.

Im actually tempted by the Ossiarch box. I really like the Deathrider, and If they are priced like the previous ones its a pretty good deal.

But oh well, not this time. Im going all in with Lumineth first. I hope they at least keep the already high price level of the first wave and dont go even higher. The preview article on Warhammer-Community also some interesting informations. The Bladelords all hail from the Tyronic half of Hysh and Ullanor is the representative of the Tyronic Nations, and "voice of the Phoenix Lord". Oh! And the twins can join *any* Order army. Very interesting. 

Hard to tell if the book will be worth picking up for non lumineth players. For a new battalion (half a page) no. They said new allegiance abilities but cant tell if they are referring to lumineth or the warring factions. It seems lumineth are having new or rewritten allegiance abilities as per the battletome description.

I assume they will show contents page during the week.

• Like 1