The Rumour Thread

Dumb question that may have been floated before... is there a chance that Kragnos is a relatively small and highly intelligent Godbeast?

I am really into speculating on this thing for some reason. I am still hoping Kurnothi but maybe there can be a split within the division the aelves that worship Kurnoth and those that follow Kragnos. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I am seeing a lot of people doubting Kragnos being a Kurnothi and let me phrase it this way:

What are the odds of a new AOS release which isn't an Aelf? ☺️

I am actually delightfully stumped but I do think it is related to Kurnoth but maybe not Alarielle maybe we will see a Destruction Army based around centuars and fauns. Lots of interesting potential in this release. Although, I would be extremely happy for Beasts of chaos to get some love as well... lots of interesting possibilities in this release.

Exactly.... effin Aelves! I so hope that after this they'll get nothing for the next 10 years and finally some cool armies like Skaven and Seraphon will get kits.

• LOVE IT! 1

The skeletons are really sexy though. Total bone.... err uhm Slaanesh alert! You'll get it.

Looking forward to what else is coming to Gravelords but these are shaping up to be the true successor to the classic Vampire Counts (well, duh) and I like what I'm seeing a lot... 

• Like 1

Hopefully Kragnor will herald a more intelligent Destruction faction.

I really would like to see a more intelligent Destruction army.  They're a bit stuck with the 'hur dur ' or at best brutal cunning tropes at the moment. Which are lovely in themselves, but my personal feeling is that we're in a bit of a rut with it.

Let's have Kurnothi be a force of Destruction that wants to get back to purer times (which, of course, may never have actually existed!) and destroying the cities of the realms not because they find glee in the sound of things breaking, but for the Greater Good of purging the cancer of civilization from the realms.

Even if they are mutant Aelves, it puts a new army into a poorly supported Grand Alliance and doesn't add yet another army to Order.  We're doing fine for models in Order, thank you. At least put the next Aelves into one of the other GA.

I believe that would also open up a lot more design space for them.

Regarding today's releases.

The Soulblight stuff is just perfect.  Exactly the balance of armoured but tough looking vampires I was hoping.for.

The Zombies and Skeletons aren't as fancy as the CC ones, but for horde units, that's a great move. The CC and AoS zombies, for example, fit perfectly together but one is going to be easier to crank out en masse, the other to really take time over as befits a boardgame. 

Love the bats...really hoping for Dire Wolves to that standard. 

OBR. Another must buy, just to paint.  Really hoping this hints at some more ranged units for DEATH and not just OBR.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

****** WHOEVER COMPLAINS ABOUT AOS BEING FORGOTTEN IN FAVOUR OF 40K NEED SHOW THEM 2020-21 RELEASES!!

So so so happy for everyone who was looking forward to Soulblight those Blood Knights are stunning!! 

BR KRAGNOS.

KURNOTHI? DRAGON OGOR? ORION?

All I know is I am hyped as hell and I personally believe regardless of what race they belong to, these guys are going to be DESTRUCTION. We are expanding beyond Greenskins and Hungry lads people!!

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

Kragnos could be beast of chaos, maybe part of that group of beastmen that became more enlightened in the realm of light.  But being beastmen, they are made out of chaos and got clapped by the  surrounding aelf/humans.   

Kragnos does not have any chaos symbols on him however, but he looks more like a beastmen/gor .

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

****** WHOEVER COMPLAINS ABOUT AOS BEING FORGOTTEN IN FAVOUR OF 40K NEED SHOW THEM 2020-21 RELEASES!!

So so so happy for everyone who was looking forward to Soulblight those Blood Knights are stunning!! 

BR KRAGNOS.

All I know is I am hyped as hell and I personally believe regardless of what race they belong to, these guys are going to be DESTRUCTION. We are expanding beyond Greenskins and Hungry lads people!!

I don’t know who these people are your swoleness, BUT POINT ME AT THEM AND I WILL UNLEASH THE HORDES OF THE ENDLESS DESERT UPON THEM!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I don’t know who these people are your swoleness, BUT POINT ME AT THEM AND I WILL UNLEASH THE HORDES OF THE ENDLESS DESERT UPON THEM!!!

SOON MY FAVOURED CHAMPION!!

There is also a chance that perhaps Kragnos people were not destroyed. Maybe they were hidden away by Sigmar in a vault...their power to great to unleash and by chance a great WAAAGH happens to release these people upon the Realms swearing their oaths to that of Destruction. With a hate of Chaos and turning their back on Order they ally with the greatest Alliance there is.

14 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

BR KRAGNOS.

Kragnos should be a Giant! 

23 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Same

The entire “Beast Snaggas” line from 40K sounds like my dream come true. As an ironjawz player, I never really liked the Orruk warclans ironjawz/bonesplittaz mix aesthetically, but if the squig rider ork is any indication of where that faction is going, it might make an amazing Ironjawz/bone splitter amalgamation aesthetic for Orruk warclans

if you have t watched it, check out the associated video, there’s a lot more potential units shown in the background. All armored with bone, and many with large squiggly beasts

Edited by Gothmaug

1 hour ago, Kyriakin said:

The "Derp List" is continuing to shrink...

image.png.9287fa814ca8745c7d057d1524b97c60.png

The new Soulblight models are great but it's an interesting tone theyve give with them. They're not Derp but they're definitely a bit Addams Family

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Warfiend said:

These are gonna be a conversion project of mine:
NDBkmXD7JC9sQNSv.jpg
Awesome goregruntas

I absolutely love, and salute, the fact that orc fans instantaneously see new kits and think "I can totally make that into something else I can use"!!!

⬅️ green!!

I thought the same except for Bonesplitterz. Seems to be more boarboyz size AND I really dont care for the existing kits. 

Gravelords... can not wait!! I love it all with Blood Knights being my least fav. I currently have ten Black Knights and a foot Wight King on the table in preparation for the release. I'm also going to kit bash the new skellies with them to have a more cohesive look. 

My bets on a few more unannounced goodies still to come. 

Well played, Gdubs, well played. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • LOVE IT! 1

31 minutes ago, Souleater said:

Hopefully Kragnor will herald a more intelligent Destruction faction.

I really would like to see a more intelligent Destruction army.  They're a bit stuck with the 'hur dur ' or at best brutal cunning tropes at the moment. Which are lovely in themselves, but my personal feeling is that we're in a bit of a rut with it.

Let's have Kurnothi be a force of Destruction that wants to get back to purer times (which, of course, may never have actually existed!) and destroying the cities of the realms not because they find glee in the sound of things breaking, but for the Greater Good of purging the cancer of civilization from the realms.

Even if they are mutant Aelves, it puts a new army into a poorly supported Grand Alliance and doesn't add yet another army to Order.  We're doing fine for models in Order, thank you. At least put the next Aelves into one of the other GA.

I would be down with that.

A Wild Hunt that ravages cities to allow for nature to reclaim!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

SOON MY FAVOURED CHAMPION!!

There is also a chance that perhaps Kragnos people were not destroyed. Maybe they were hidden away by Sigmar in a vault...their power to great to unleash and by chance a great WAAAGH happens to release these people upon the Realms swearing their oaths to that of Destruction. With a hate of Chaos and turning their back on Order they ally with the greatest Alliance there is.

I will stand beside this Kragnos if that is the case!!! FOR BEHEMAT, THE BAD MOON, AND LONG LOST NEHEKEKHARA!!! 

• Haha 1