The Rumour Thread

Surprising to see just how few models there are in the game for some factions.

Seeing the final list of models available just re-iterates my stance. I think it is a huge mistake not to point stuff in finecast/metal.

There are some weird ommissions as well. No renown for the Orruk Warboss. Couldn't see a Devoted of Sigmar section even though Flagellants are plastic.

I guess this is where the community will step in. Providing points for models not included, a better progression system, more scenarios, etc.

• Like 2

This "they should have include fine cast and metal model" is off topic because GW provided both points in the GHB and the renown points calculation method (=cost/number of models/5).

So I must admit that I can't really see a big issue on the matter.

And as Microsoft not supporting Windows XP or Apple not supporting iPhone 4S anymore, it is quite logic that GW does not support some of their old range anymore. More over, it will give some space for their yet to come new revamped factions.

But as Skirmish is being released, maybe this conversation should move from the Rumour topic.

Edited by pseudonyme
  • Like 1

The lack of Devoted is awfully weird, but the factions aren't listed alphabetically like in the GHB's matched play points, so you've got to wonder what goes at the top or bottom of this page:

oUCSchC.jpg

Everybody's forgotten about the Excelsior War Priest in their quest for flagellants, and the two plastic aelf heroes from Silver Tower are also notable absentees, when the Eshin Deathrunner and even the Gaunt Summoner's familiars were able to make it in.

• Like 1

You pick Warbands to one of the four Grand Alliances, not individual factions/allegiances (though of course can stick to one if you like).

Go listen to my podcast with @bottle for a complete review of the book.... there's also a little bit of rumourmongering by the two of us at the end...just to keep this on topic! ;) 

• Like 2

Okay news from War-of-Sigmar. While it's not an official source, I think it may be an interesting rumour:

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2029

Bob:i think Fp are going to stay and prosper in one form or another. especially with the dev of pen & paper rpg in aos setting ^^
Tomas Höll: Along with the new Warhammer  Fantasy Roleplay edition?
Bob: yes.
Another comment.
Bob: will see what they announce at Warhammer fest  

Interesting to say the least.

7 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

The lack of Devoted is awfully weird, but the factions aren't listed alphabetically like in the GHB's matched play points, so you've got to wonder what goes at the top or bottom of this page:

oUCSchC.jpg

Everybody's forgotten about the Excelsior War Priest in their quest for flagellants, and the two plastic aelf heroes from Silver Tower are also notable absentees, when the Eshin Deathrunner and even the Gaunt Summoner's familiars were able to make it in.

Perhaps those three are going to be a new faction? It's clear that the Aelves are part of the new aelf faction coming soon and it would not surprise me if the devoted of sigmar became the new "main" human faction of the setting. They are a lot more "high" fantasy compared to free guild looking at the Excelsior war priest. 

• Like 2

I may have heard that 40k v8 will use centimeters rather than inches to measure (finally!)

#AlternativeRumor

So with 40k 8th hitting the streets with awesome burgle models, are we any closer to seeing what (and when) (undead) models will come with shadespire? (Besides the skeletons that didn't look that Prince of Persia/Aladdin like that one might think after hearing about the background..

7 minutes ago, Joakim said:

I may have heard that 40k v8 will use centimeters rather than inches to measure (finally!)

#AlternativeRumor

I don't think that's true - the new starter box for 8th edition has a measuring stick that's 12 inches long and has increments that correspond with inches and not centimeters...

Any thoughts on the troop min/max values listed in AoS Skirmish rules for both Kairic Acolytes and Tzaangor?

https://warofsigmar.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/blogging/picture8/2029/point4.jpg

Bad Dice podcast Skirmish discussion with Bottle said that those were incorrect and a FAQ should be out for them hopefully at release.

- Cedric

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

... They literally showed today the rulebook and we saw they used inches.

There is literally a hashtag implying it is a joke. Don't worry. It was implying a joke and that now that we almost had the summer 40k release out of the way we can focus on aos for rumors.

• Like 1

Honestly looks like a tire to me. 

I hope soon (maybe this weekend!) we are full versions of all these models. I felt for a second like complaining about the rumors to reveals ratio, but then I realized that was the definition of #NewGWProblems. 

• Like 4

Yep, looks like a tire. I'd be inclined to say Orks because of the studs but I've read in various places that there are supposedly no Xenos releases until next year, after Chaos and the Imperium have had their due.

But who knows, it may yet be AoS. After the Kharadron Overlords, who would bet money against there being a gang of Skaven Road Warriors out there somewhere using Aether-Guano for fuel?

8 minutes ago, Jamie the Jasper said:

Yep, looks like a tire. I'd be inclined to say Orks because of the studs but I've read in various places that there are supposedly no Xenos releases until next year, after Chaos and the Imperium have had their due.

But who knows, it may yet be AoS. After the Kharadron Overlords, who would bet money against there being a gang of Skaven Road Warriors out there somewhere using Aether-Guano for fuel?

Bad Rats: Furry Road?

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, swiftmus said:

Bad Rats: Furry Road?

Beautiful. Someone needs to make this army. I've never found Skaven particularly appealing but the idea of putting them on magical motorbikes with scythed wheels and crossbar-mounted warp-lightning guns is giving me the vapours.