The Rumour Thread

It would be foolish not to include pestigors in a nurgle release. By myself i would spend 500$ on a nurgle themed beastman release. How much do the molds cost to make? Ill help GW recap the cost if they make me some pestigors.

10 hours ago, Lavy said:

How much do the molds cost to make?

I mean I am no expert at all in the process used but there are a few things to calculate.

Is it plastic? GW does only plastic nowadays so yes.

I guess it is then injection moulding so you'd need that machine (you can borrow theirs but there are costs in running it, let alone buying it).

You'd need the master, the mould itself. I hear GW use metal (I think you have to for injection plastics?) - stainless steel.

Milling that requires a machine. An expensive one. Just operation cost, not purchase cost (again you just want the mould).

Sculpting the master is probably a pretty expensive endeavour too.

Materials - I'd say you could disregard the steel and plastic involved.

I would not be surprised if it is over $30,000 (and that's borrowing the two expensive machines needed) :S just for one run.

Total guesswork ofc!

We know that plastic moulds are super expensive. Hence the complete lack of "special" models in the last 10 years. No anniversary, limited run (Storm of Chaos), event-exclusive stuff, because GW proper wanted to go 100% plastic and limited runs can't support that. We have seen them change their minds here though, as there have been loads of them the last 2 years. Notably though, they're all in resin. Resin molds are super cheap comparitively.

A Nurgle book would undoubtably include either Pestilens directly, or at the very least a Pestilens artifact/spell lore/command trait section.

• Like 1

Off=topic but there have been a couple of limited availability plastic models, such as the Imperial Space Marine from last year, or the Interrogator-Chaplain in the 'limited edition' 40k 6th ed start set.

5 hours ago, Darth Alec said:

We know that plastic moulds are super expensive. Hence the complete lack of "special" models in the last 10 years. No anniversary, limited run (Storm of Chaos), event-exclusive stuff, because GW proper wanted to go 100% plastic and limited runs can't support that. We have seen them change their minds here though, as there have been loads of them the last 2 years. Notably though, they're all in resin. Resin molds are super cheap comparitively.

A Nurgle book would undoubtably include either Pestilens directly, or at the very least a Pestilens artifact/spell lore/command trait section.

As much as I hate Finecast, if the option is between 0 special models, or resin special ones (Like the MIGHTY AND GLORIOUS  Slambo, Veridian, or Grombindal) my choice is obvious. 

On 4/28/2017 at 5:34 AM, bsharitt said:

I kind of got the feeling that that some of the more generic "faction" names like Wanderers, Dispossessed, and Free Peoples where just holding places for legacy models. It still might be the case for some(I'm pretty sure Kharadron and Fyreslayers are the future of Dwarfs in AoS),

I worry that too.  And with the rumours of new "BIGGER BETTER BADDER UNCUT" Space marines I think GW might make them a lot like Sigmarittes and make them play the same.  

• Like 1

On 4/26/2017 at 3:16 PM, Kramer said:

might still be elves and just tying the lore closer to eachother... he said hopefully and not really believing it himself. 

I would love for it to be Aelves and then we could built the AoS lore really into the history of the Aeldari :)

• Like 1

On 30/04/2017 at 9:16 PM, BobbyB said:

This would be incredible, but I know little stock can be put in what store managers say. I'm not even convinced Nurgle will get a new book for a while but would love it if they did

It will probably be this year, with the nurgle death guard release, a bit afterwards. probably around November or October would be my guess.

i think KO and firey dwarfs will be one way of dwarfs, but dispossesed will sat as most of the models are still fairly young.

On 2017-4-30 at 1:51 PM, DynamicCalories said:

I am personally most excited for the GW MODEL PHOTO KIT to be released where they overcharge us for LED lights and a tiny smoke machine.

I was led to believe it was Kevin "vaping it up" :P 

7 minutes ago, Percivael said:

Just thinking, it's been over 6 weeks since the first Kharadron Overlords reveal - Is a Shadow Aelves or Nurgle reveal imminent for June releases? I really hope so!

Don't get your hopes too high, with all respect! It's 40K time and honestly I would go the same route aswell. GW has more to offer as AoS and 40K so far seems like it's going to be great. 

I would expect the newer releases no earlier as August, perhaps some re-boxing in between and offcourse Skirmish and Shadespire :) 

Edited by Killax
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Percivael said:

Just thinking, it's been over 6 weeks since the first Kharadron Overlords reveal - Is a Shadow Aelves or Nurgle reveal imminent for June releases? I really hope so!

I really doubt we will see new releases for AoS until July/August (probably August) if the rumor about 40k 8th being released on 8 June is true. Considering that the KO have at least one more week of releases after this one (flying guys right?), maybe they could fit in a small release? I mean I certainly hope we get more stuff, the wait for shadow elves or any Death love is killing me, but I just don't think its likely.

• Like 1

Definitely looks like a BB chainsaw-wielder to me, so hopefully the Goblin team is comming in soon! My hope for the gobbos is for them to produce two sprues : One with the 4 special weapons (and maybe a troll too?), one with 4 goblins, and include 3 sprues - for 12 (or 13) players - in the team box, and sell a 4-players booster too. That way Orc players don't need a full Gobbo team to complete their roster, and Gobbo teams can get all the players they need too... I know it won't happen, but it's always nice to keep dreaming ;)