The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, Overread said:

Yeah GW starting to charge £40 for 5 cavalry in Lumineth is worrying to say the least when you consider that they are fixed pose no option models. Esp when our current seekers are £17.50 and £20! 

I think the worst offenders are the Alarith Stoneguard in the case of lumineth (and seeing the Swordmasters in the preview video be 5 models makes me think the Swordmasters will get the same treatment) were for the same price you get 10 Wardens or 10 Sentinels you only get 5 Stoneguard.. Mind you we are talikng about the same size of models.. So with the same money you get half the models.. This in my opinion is one of the most agressive price raises in the last years from GW and makes me think that will be the new trend..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Also I was just reminded - GW - freaking heck why can't Slaanesh have a new plastic Herald? Why do we have to keep the finecast one darn it. We don't even get a fancy herald and prince resin model set from FW (they only made Khorne and Nurgle and seemed to not bother with slaanesh nor tzeentch) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

Also I was just reminded - GW - freaking heck why can't Slaanesh have a new plastic Herald? Why do we have to keep the finecast one darn it. We don't even get a fancy herald and prince resin model set from FW (they only made Khorne and Nurgle and seemed to not bother with slaanesh nor tzeentch) 

Iirc, the last time I got a chariot they gave a spare base for the plastic herald in that kit. That said, those heralds look strange with their arm poses being built for the chariot. 

It is odd that they've not taken either of the Slaanesh releases to do anything with that model - unless I'm forgetting something, it's Slaanesh's last resin model.

3 minutes ago, Siegfried VII said:

I think the worst offenders are the Alarith Stoneguard in the case of lumineth (and seeing the Swordmasters in the preview video be 5 models makes me think the Swordmasters will get the same treatment) were for the same price you get 10 Wardens or 10 Sentinels you only get 5 Stoneguard.. Mind you we are talikng about the same size of models.. So with the same money you get half the models.. This in my opinion is one of the most agressive price raises in the last years from GW and makes me think that will be the new trend..

I mean, on some level we all know that the price of a kit is not mostly decided by the amount of plastic in it. I am not going to say that those prices are justified, but GW does at least partially tie the price of kits to their point cost. In theory, this is so that horde play styles remain possible at all. I think this makes sense. People already naturally want to play elite armies over hordes (less time spent building and painting, often cooler models, easier to transport...), so horde armies would probably not be able to compete if their models were not cheaper.  Still, I am sure the extra profit on more elite units and heroes is a welcome byproduct of this.

9 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Iirc, the last time I got a chariot they gave a spare base for the plastic herald in that kit. That said, those heralds look strange with their arm poses being built for the chariot. 

It is odd that they've not taken either of the Slaanesh releases to do anything with that model - unless I'm forgetting something, it's Slaanesh's last resin model.

I agree regarding the chariot riders, yes you can use them on foot but they do look very strange. 
It is odd, two big releases and the Herald is a key and neat character and yet they've kept it in finecast - a material that generates more returns and customer support issues than any other on the market right now for wargames; a material many of us go out of our way to avoid. 

What's doubly odd is no re-run of Diaz Deamonettes on sale - because those things still sell for gold dust on ebay (even more so after the big 2020 stripping of stock due to GW shutting down in the first lockdown). GW would make a small fortune doing another print on demand of them. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I mean, on some level we all know that the price of a kit is not mostly decided by the amount of plastic in it. I am not going to say that those prices are justified, but GW does at least partially tie the price of kits to their point cost. In theory, this is so that horde play styles remain possible at all. I think this makes sense. People already naturally want to play elite armies over hordes (less time spent building and painting, often cooler models, easier to transport...), so horde armies would probably not be able to compete if their models were not cheaper.  Still, I am sure the extra profit on more elite units and heroes is a welcome byproduct of this.

[Laughs in Fyreslayers]

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

Is the new price for the upcoming Underworlds Warbands or will it be applied to the current ones as well?

Just the new ones if they're being consistent. The newest season's warbands have always been more expensive than the last. 

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Hearthguard Berzerkers are still a better deal than Alarith Stoneguard as far as price-per-point. Plus, it's probably more fair to call them semi-elite rather than horde.

Fyreslayers were definitely a horde army until 2.0 made them semi-elite. There's also Genestealer Cults who're even more hordey with similar pricing points.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
Just now, Yokai said:

Huh, a Cursed City preview with the witch hunter fellow went up briefly on WarCom, then disappeared again. Anyone managed to catch it? Something about silver bullets and stakes burning the undead "alive", as far as I saw.

On the preview stream they mentioned his stakes were made of wood from Ashqy and so they'd burst into flames when hitting the target.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yokai said:

Huh, a Cursed City preview with the witch hunter fellow went up briefly on WarCom, then disappeared again. Anyone managed to catch it? Something about silver bullets and stakes burning the undead "alive", as far as I saw.

It’s still linked on WarCom twitter 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/01/25/meet-the-first-hero-to-enter-warhammer-quest-cursed-city/

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Yokai said:

It's back up for me.

"Once he hunted witches, aethergheists, and cultists of the Dark Gods, but after he was expelled from the Order of Azyr, he decided on a massive career change and started hunting vampires instead."

I feel vindicated for all those times I have been telling people that called him a witch hunter that stakes means vampires.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Overread said:

I agree regarding the chariot riders, yes you can use them on foot but they do look very strange. 
It is odd, two big releases and the Herald is a key and neat character and yet they've kept it in finecast - a material that generates more returns and customer support issues than any other on the market right now for wargames; a material many of us go out of our way to avoid. 

What's doubly odd is no re-run of Diaz Deamonettes on sale - because those things still sell for gold dust on ebay (even more so after the big 2020 stripping of stock due to GW shutting down in the first lockdown). GW would make a small fortune doing another print on demand of them. 

Yeah, if they're ever worried about making their money back off this Slaanesh release, a made to order chunk of them would ensure it. 

Totally by-the-by, but I hope future limited book releases have different artwork on like BR: Morathi did. If Sigvald's smug mug is on the front cover of the collector's edition Slaanesh battletome, I'd buy the limited edition in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The problem is simply that people keep paying the prices, complaining, then paying anyway.

"GW can you please stop doing that?"
"Are you going to stop buying if I do?"
"Uh, maybe... probably not..."
"Well okay then."
[Raises prices again]
"I can't believe GW are raising prices again!"

I agree 100% with you. But we have a problem.

This conversation also continue:

"Ok you wont buy the new kits?,then i guess they arent selling as we wanted and we gonna delete that army"

Bretonnian,tomb king and sadly im seeing fyreslayers gonna get it in the future.

I dont know what can be done to fix it,if you like the army and you buy it with the new prices you feel cheated.

If you like the army but dont buy it due to the increase in price,and then gw ignore that army for years and then delete it for low sales.

I am a fyreslayer player and i think the vullkites,magmadroth and heroes are overpriced,but the new lumineths hammerers for 45 when must be 35 as every other 5 man unit feel too much even to me

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Garxia said:

FAQs are up guys!

On a fast first glance, it seems there isn't any points updating 😥

https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/?orderby=post_created&order=desc&lang=en#warhammer-age-of-sigmar

Some of them don't even redirect to 2021 docs. They're likely still in the middle of swapping things out.

1 minute ago, MitGas said:

There is for Tzeentch.... Horrors and Flamers got more expensive.

If you look at the document date it's for July 2020.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40k got points changes though did it not? What a let down. They don't need large numbers of tournaments to see some armies (like sylvaneth and beasts of chaos for example) need changing. They made those metawatch articles too showing imbalance at the top lol

Edited by Svalack