image.png.b3aa22e1309118e337ee3f55832b9cd8.png

Some kind of bow ballista

image.png.71d1989bb1501f32a3d9fcfedcbdcff5.png

2 guys floating on top of each other

image.png.efb51f154dc0ec22cc5a520dadac296f.png

Greatsword Infantry

image.png.bb0076337f6fc051701909b16f3927e5.png

And another Hero on foot

Together with the fully revealed Lord of the Wind and the Hurakan Windchargers seems like a really big update 

Also doesn't seem like that cloud teaser we got for new years is part of any of them

Makes me think if we will already see a new Battletome for them after their Broken Realms book like with Daughter of Khaine? 

If not they will for sure be one of the first in 3rd edition

Hahaha, I had just edited my post to include some of these facts as I rewatched the video a minute ago  but thank you for providing pictures. Do you think maybe the one floating over the other might include the cloud? It reminds me of Syll'Esske!

Also as someone that like Banners that one is a bit ostentatious even by Lumineth standards (unintended pun).

Edited by Neverchosen

2 minutes ago, elfhead said:

just checked the warhammer quest vid. There are some kind of zombies carrying stumps of trees on their backs.

I'm sure someone will post screenshots soon:P

Ask and it shall be delivered

Looks like various bits of Fences at the back too?

Assuming these are the Gravekeeper's bois

Screenshot_20210123-152551.png

Could not have been happier with that release. I was expecting at most a few reveals and there is so much juicy stuff coming, I’m absolutely buzzing! I can’t wait to see those Swordmasters — grinning from ear to ear! And that DoK battletome is such a nice surprise! It makes me wonder if Idoneth will get a similar treatment, out of the blue (groan...) I don’t even collect half of the things they showed today but I’m so excited to see all this attention to AoS. And the quality of the stuff coming out is outstanding! Feeling very lucky that GW is clearly working so hard to keep everything moving, both in-game from a story/lore perspective but also in the real world, when they’re clearly up against it. Cheers, GW! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Looked through the Lumineth video again

image.png.56af887efcefc49e1b7634c39cfc8f17.png

This seems like the other dual build for the hero we already saw

image.png.f3bc0dfa2a9c9dae130197e392c0d553.png

We have a on foot hero

image.png.0055592916a568afd6be41dd57ee5e5e.png

A Banner bearer

image.png.b3aa22e1309118e337ee3f55832b9cd8.png

Some kind of bow ballista

image.png.71d1989bb1501f32a3d9fcfedcbdcff5.png

2 guys floating on top of each other

image.png.efb51f154dc0ec22cc5a520dadac296f.png

Greatsword Infantry

image.png.bb0076337f6fc051701909b16f3927e5.png

And another Hero on foot

Together with the fully revealed Lord of the Wind and the Hurakan Windchargers seems like a really big update 

Also doesn't seem like that cloud teaser we got for new years is part of any of them

Makes me think if we will already see a new Battletome for them after their Broken Realms book like with Daughter of Khaine? 

If not they will for sure be one of the first in 3rd edition

Also there is still cloud mage from new year preview

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

For some time now GW are masters of disappointing shows.

After the leak everyone expected a full presentation of second wave of Lumineths, a full presentation of Vampires and perhaps a dual box of those two. What did they show? ONE NEW MODEL for Lumineth. Joke that isn't even funny.

Yeah the cursed city is cool and the vampire warband is just ok but that is nowhere near a fine AoS presentation.

Potentially they were going to show the other Lumineth models that were revealed earlier in the week too but their leak made it pointless?

I liked it all. Sisters suits are swaying me to my first 40K army. The teaser sword masters and other Silhouettes even made me rethink my stance on Lumineth, coupled with the mounted hero from earlier. Wasn’t a fan of the flying fox at first but he’s grown on me, a different paint job perhaps.

Underworlds war band is rad.

New DoK endless spells to consider for my KO spell in a bottle.

Mega excited for Cursed City!

Lumineth, DoK, Death and Cities fans all got something to be excited about, it was a great showing for AoS.

Unfortunately it’s just never enough for some people. They need it all and they need it right now.

• Like 6

Interesting note here

The Website has a Vampire fella with that halberd but the teaser has the fella (same eyepatch and weapon) as a good ol' fashion Skelebob.

Wonder which one of the two is the red herring? 

Unless it's two different models that happen to have the same weapon and eyepatch?

Screenshot_20210123-152530.png

19 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

The Vampire Warband is cool, looks great, but whatever? There‘s no feasible way to use these model at the moment. So amazing models, but I won‘t get them until I can use them?

...What if someone plays WHU? I mean I don't play AoS or 40k anymore but I'm not like "impossible to use these models, 0/10, day ruined".

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Hahaha, I had just edited my post to include some of these facts as I rewatched the video a minute ago  but thank you for providing pictures. Do you think maybe the one floating over the other might include the cloud? It reminds me of Syll'Esske!

Also as someone that like Banners that one is a bit ostentatious even by Lumineth standards (unintended pun).

Doesn't seem like they are the cloud guy, he's standing with both feet on the cloud and here you can see the top one has one foot in the air 

image.png.733e7ebdb4798b6608e0bb62864a4ab7.png

Would be funny for this to be Tyrion to go together with Teclis floating around in place ^^

Like Teclis gets this Sphinx like partner and Tyrion has to be held up by some poor windmage

Edited by Matrindur
  • Haha 1

DoK and Slaanesh were ready for last october, along with the dual box I think.

Lumineth are HUGE, but I hope they can do the same with other armies during the next ed. because they need the same love.

Vampires and WHQ are amazing, but I think this is like an E3 Show: just 2 models from que Quest... we want more!

But with this vampires and the teaser I´m a bit afraid about Soulb Gravelords because most the death rumour engines are solved with that boxes, so... what new units are we going to have in the future? I don´t know, I hope that if we need to wait 3 months for the vampires they show us more death rumour engines.

For sure, the end of BR Teclis will open the door for the new SBG BT, same as Morathi with HOS, and the vampire lord leaked this week with the name of the army make sure that we´re going to have it, but...

Well we got so freaking much teased for AoS right now

We got the full Slaanesh release with at least 7 new kits thought I still think we haven't seen all of it 

We got 9 new units for Lumineth  (maybe some of the Silhouettes heroes are dual builds, 6  new hero models seems a bit excessive)

We got another new army coming with Gravelords

and a whole new Warhammer Quest

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1

I'm now wondering if Soulblight Deathlords will be released after 3.0? That seems unlikely, when the release schedule is usually dominated by whichever army is opposing the Stormcast until at least the end of the year, but between the Lumineth getting a huge new wave, the Hedonites wave, Warhammer Quest probably dominating a few weeks (Blackstone Fortress had a two week pre-order cycle I believe), Kill-Team and a lot more stuff supposedly coming for Sisters, I'm struggling to see where they can cram them in before June/July.

Unless we aren't getting 3.0 this year...? Or it's being pushed back towards the end of 2021.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

16 minutes ago, ArmyOfGrodd said:

Potentially they were going to show the other Lumineth models that were revealed earlier in the week too but their leak made it pointless?

Unfortunately it’s just never enough for some people. They need it all and they need it right now.

That's why they should present those models that were just silhouettes in the video.

I guess they miss the point of these shows. Instead of keeping some of us hyped, they make us pis**d. 

All of us wait in great anticipation for that show and all we get are more questions instead of answers. I still don't know what models do Lumineth get and how they play. I don't know what kind of release will be Soulblight Vampires. Few units mixed with old death? New faction like Idoneth? When are they going to hit the stores?

Even Curse City is just a silly teaser that tells almost nothing.

And you know what? They are gonna answer these questions on a random Monday or Wednesday when no one is expecting them to do so. They did that many times in the past. Firstly a weak show keeping people underwhelmed and then out of a sudden 3 weeks later an article on warhammer community revealing units for a certain faction. This show is the time and the place to do that! Not later!

Edited by Aeryenn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

We will know more on 3.0 by the time the new tomes release and if we see new mechanics and such. 

As for a 3.0 release I can easily see time for there being room in the middle of the year after this preview. Indeed Vampires might be the other half of the starter boxed set. Don't forget the starter doesn't have to include stormcast either. It could be two totally separate factions in the box IF its happening. 

• Like 1

While I know it might seem disheartening that many of the death rumour engines appear to have been revealed, it should be taken into consideration that there were pretty much no rumour engines for the upcoming Lumineth and yet the coming release seems to be absolutely massive. Furthermore, it is possible that the Warhammer quest is a teaser for more death releases just like WHQ Silver Tower teased the first Tzeentch battletome.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Even Curse City is just a silly teaser that tells almost nothing.

And you know what? They are gonna answer these questions on a random Monday or Wednesday when no one is expecting them to do so. They did that many times in the past. Firstly a weak show keeping people underwhelmed and then out of a sudden 3 weeks later an article on warhammer community revealing units for a certain faction. This show is the time and the place to do that! Not later!

You realise this is all intentional?

They tease in the preview - they inform in the weekly community pages in the run up toward release. This means that they've got fresh information to give you and  build hype up right before release. There's no point in hyping up the full vampire release with all the information today when its likely 3-4 months away from actual release. What will you do with that information - you can't do much until the full release so it would still leave you frustrated and annoyed at being shown things so far off release. 

This is how GW has operated for years now - tease at previews; drip feed info through the weekly community pages and then speed up as they get nearer to launch. 

GW wants you viewing the community site every day - they want you keeping in the loop and keeping up to date and checking their website and getting tempted to buy other things and read other articles and such. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'm now wondering if Soulblight Deathlords will be released after 3.0? That seems unlikely, when the release schedule is usually dominated by whichever army is opposing the Stormcast until at least the end of the year, but between the Lumineth getting a huge new wave, the Hedonites wave, Warhammer Quest probably dominating a few weeks (Blackstone Fortress had a two week pre-order cycle I believe), Kill-Team and a lot more stuff supposedly coming for Sisters, I'm struggling to see where they can cram them in before June/July.

Unless we aren't getting 3.0 this year...? Or it's being pushed back towards the end of 2021.

The Soulblight Gravelords release seems to follow the Hedonites pattern: It will probably release after BR: Teclis, around three months after the Underworlds warband that teases the faction. That's what I have been expecting since before we even saw the Vampire Lord leak, at least

• Like 1