The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

I honestly hope that’s not the case. So far, there are other explanations for the things you describe, like Hysh simply looking like it does because the symbol of Hysh itself looks like that (and Hysh is all about symbolism, so that would make sense). The cow thing, I see more as a theme brought forward by people like Tom from Warhammer Weekly who just don’t like them, and are a bit salty about the direction GW has taken with the Lumineth. If you look at the description of the Lumineth in their Battletome and what Phil Kelly said about them in the official vids I don’t think they are corrupted in that way. 

That said, it’s possible that eventually they’ll take the story in that direction. After all, the Lumineth had been within Slaanesh for aeons as you say, and they could always have the Lumineth succumb to some kind of lingering corruption. It’s not like it wouldn’t make any sense at all.  

Right, that’s a good point!  It makes the dynamic a bit different to what was going on in Fantasy. I’m also really looking forward to what they’ll do with Malerion. 

I really love the manner in which the Aelves relationship to the taint of Chaos varies. 

• Like 2

Lumineth aren't secret chaos, like Crawl and Primaris aren't going to start a civil war in 40k.

GW is just playing with the theme of Slaanesh and Aelves are interwined. The Aelves are made from tainted souls eaten by Slaanesh, but they are  guided by Gods who haven't been infected by Slaanesh.

If/when they expends the Chaos Aelves, they are not going to be the ones we know as the Order's we got.

• Like 5

That leg is from a weird looking beast. It's chunk and a bit fleshy. Different from the previous bestial leg standing on some scenery, though it shares the dark colouration around the foot fading to a lighter colour further up the leg. Similar icicles to that other rumour engine with the arm alright.

What do folks make of the scenery it's... leaping off of? It's architecture but the style isn't familiar.

I feel like the only issue I have with the VL is the hair - or at least, the eavy metal paint job with the hair.

I get the idea - it is becoming corporeal and still transforming from the swarm of bats on the ends of the hair. I imagine a bit more of a blend between the red 'blood mist' at the ends and a more neutral hair colour - brown or blonde - would have done a lot.

Still love it.

Definitely looks like my '22 project is already sorted if the rest of the range is looking like this.

Lumineth are now Rocko's Modern Elves. They got Heffer, they got Rocko, ally in some Idoneth and you got Shellden. Perfection.

Soulblight Gravelords sound metal as ******. Like the new model, glad they kept the more classic gothic look. Can't wait to see the rest.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SorryLizard said:

I hope that any new Vampire faction is not tied into subservience to Nagash. Let Death as a whole alliance become a less monolithic 'and they serve Nagash' thing and let our heroes have more personal agency.

The whole point of Death is the loss of agency, you take that away then there is no downside to becoming an undead abomination, there is a reason why the courts that are not under Nagash run so as they get a whiff of him, because soon as he gets to the ghoul king that's it. Undead characters have their own plots, their own plans, constantly fighting each other for power, but when Nagash says jump, they all say how high? That is the cost of becoming an undead monster. 

It's like chaos, yes you get personal power, but now you are at the whims of unknowable gods that can spawn you and you have the break down of society itself. 

Destruction is well, destruction.

Order provides freedom and security, but all the factions have different plans and agendas, we see this clearly in broken realms morathi, when they shouldn't be fighting one another they come to blows anyway, allowing their enemies to gain strength. 

Remove Nagash, you remove the net-negative of becoming a undead. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

That leg is from a weird looking beast. It's chunk and a bit fleshy. Different from the previous bestial leg standing on some scenery, though it shares the dark colouration around the foot fading to a lighter colour further up the leg. Similar icicles to that other rumour engine with the arm alright.

What do folks make of the scenery it's... leaping off of? It's architecture but the style isn't familiar.

It looks vaguely Nordic? Combine that with icicles and that other druid looking rumour engine and this could be something completely new. I did think the leg with the similar colouration was perhaps FEC but it might be too bestial for that now. 

51 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

I feel like the only issue I have with the VL is the hair - or at least, the eavy metal paint job with the hair.

I get the idea - it is becoming corporeal and still transforming from the swarm of bats on the ends of the hair. I imagine a bit more of a blend between the red 'blood mist' at the ends and a more neutral hair colour - brown or blonde - would have done a lot.

Still love it.

Definitely looks like my '22 project is already sorted if the rest of the range is looking like this.

The black armour, pale skin and red hair is very Dark Eldar Wyche-like. I’d have personally gone with white hair but as you say a blended style would work well. 

Castle Ulfenkarn maybe? The setting for Warhammer Quest? Could be a kingdom of Shyish though à la Ossiarch. 

Edited by NotAWzrd
  • Like 1

I have a feeling we wont be seeing the full Vampire Underworlds Warband at the Preview. Much like the Seraphon Warband we'll probably see a single model and then have the full reveal in February as planned. 

Though all these 'Paw' rumour engines are leading me to believe that they may all be from the Warband!! And we have a groups of Werewolf type creatures!! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I have a feeling we wont be seeing the full Vampire Underworlds Warband at the Preview. Much like the Seraphon Warband we'll probably see a single model and then have the full reveal in February as planned. 

Though all these 'Paw' rumour engines are leading me to believe that they may all be from the Warband!! And we have a groups of Werewolf type creatures!! 

Ulfenkarn does sound suspiciously like Wulfen... 🤔

Ulfenkarn is definitely a place name. 

The 'honoured guests' gives me the idea of that they're sticking with the current Soulblight lore of Decadent Undead Vampire Lords and Ladies. 

The Rumour Engine is definitely the other Werewolf leg from the earlier Rumour Engine.

Sadly, it seems like that RE was never going to be Papi Ushoran...

Edited by Dreddships
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, shinros said:

The whole point of Death is the loss of agency, you take that away then there is no downside to becoming an undead abomination, there is a reason why the courts that are not under Nagash run so as they get a whiff of him, because soon as he gets to the ghoul king that's it. Undead characters have their own plots, their own plans, constantly fighting each other for power, but when Nagash says jump, they all say how high? That is the cost of becoming an undead monster. 

It's like chaos, yes you get personal power, but now you are at the whims of unknowable gods that can spawn you and you have the break down of society itself. 

Destruction is well, destruction.

Order provides freedom and security, but all the factions have different plans and agendas, we see this clearly in broken realms morathi, when they shouldn't be fighting one another they come to blows anyway, allowing their enemies to gain strength. 

Remove Nagash, you remove the net-negative of becoming a undead. 

I agree. Nagash is still the boss. That being said they seem to be at varying levels of obedience. Vampires being the least. Neferata basically does crazy mental gymnastics to allow herself to disobey Nagash. I'm sure these guys will be like Manfred and Neferata.

• Like 1

Just now, Sunchaser said:

I agree. Nagash is still the boss. That being said they seem to be at varying levels of obedience. Vampires being the least. Neferata basically does crazy mental gymnastics to allow herself to disobey Nagash. I'm sure these guys will be like Manfred and Neferata.

Yes exactly, they can still have all their plots and ways of getting around Nagash, but Nagash is the boss, if he wants your army he's taking it. 

• Like 2