The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Anyone know how we actually find out when the store anniversary models come out for our local stores? Is there a list of when all of them are throughout the year, or do we just need to follow them on FB and hope its not until after the plague?

You'd need to check with the store but any store that would celebrate while closed is post poning it till they reopen.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

How about we get a Vampire Hunters vs Vampires/Zombie box due to the rumour engines? I don't know if there was such a idea in this thread, sorry if somebody did mention it.

If this becomes a thing, instant buy. Just for the aesthetics and besides Gargants, Zombies are one of my favourite forms of pop culture be it movies, tv, comics and videogames. If there is a Zombie Faction you bet my Gargantuan foot I'll be on it.

Gatebreaker is in the post and I have a week off next week so hoping it arrives before then!! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

If this becomes a thing, instant buy. Just for the aesthetics and besides Gargants, Zombies are one of my favourite forms of pop culture be it movies, tv, comics and videogames. If there is a Zombie Faction you bet my Gargantuan foot I'll be on it.

Gatebreaker is in the post and I have a week off next week so hoping it arrives before then!! 

Same! 😍

• LOVE IT! 1

I guess zombies are hard to copyright. I'm guessing the new deadwalkers will be GW take on zombies like the sculpt we saw in the teaser with the big axe and the gun (?). I imagine all the range will be buffed zombies with fancy panses

• Like 1

Probably irrelevant. but the Grotbag Scuttlers were mentioned again in December's Tome Celestial:

The origins of the Spiderfang lie in the Age of
Myth. It was then that, for whatever reason – and
the shamans have put forth many theories on
this, ranging from a command uttered by mighty
Gorkamorka himself to a mushroom-fuelled
escapade that blew wildly out of proportion – the
original grot tribes diverged. Many sought
sanctuary in the dank and clammy places,
becoming the Moonclans. Some, often those who
hailed from industrious Chamon, took to the air
as the Grotbag Scuttlers.

If GW doesn't have new goblins in the works they're just being cruel.☹️

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

33 minutes ago, TheR00zle said:

You mind sharing those pictures?

Ive only got one, between the old Tempus fugitives forums going kaput and my losing all my photos pre 2014 unfortunately and its of a flesh titan mid building but here ya go :) (I kept it thumbnail to avoid derailing things!)

50803550643_bdb0098404_t.jpg547116_10150965651855797_1616784672_n by Noserenda, on Flickr

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Ive only got one, between the old Tempus fugitives forums going kaput and my losing all my photos pre 2014 unfortunately and its of a flesh titan mid building but here ya go :) (I kept it thumbnail to avoid derailing things!)

50803550643_bdb0098404_t.jpg547116_10150965651855797_1616784672_n by Noserenda, on Flickr

That is unreal good. If you don't show us what this looks like once it's done and painted I will take personal offense. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Same! 😍

I am very hyped for Back 4 Blood this year and cannot wait to see Zack Snyders Army of the Dead!!

4 minutes ago, Sance said:

I guess zombies are hard to copyright. I'm guessing the new deadwalkers will be GW take on zombies like the sculpt we saw in the teaser with the big axe and the gun (?). I imagine all the range will be buffed zombies with fancy panses

If the new Deadwalkers are buffed Draugr Zombies thatll be amazing!!

32 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Yeah its kind of surprising how neglected zombies are in AoS given their pop culture appeal, the sprues were ancient even when i was building a zombie cannibal army for Tempus Fugitives event back in Warhammer that was!  

The sprues HAVE to be over 20 years old at this point surely? I know a lot of other Factions such as Skaven and Eldar are in the same boat but I really cannot wait to see what they do with them, especially after the Mega Gargants and Slaneesh Mortals.

42 minutes ago, Jator said:

Probably irrelevant. but the Grotbag Scuttlers were mentioned again in December's Tome Celestial:

I doubt we're going to see a new battletome for them, but I coukd see new rules in Broken Realms being a thing.

30 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

This looks great, wonderful pose with the subtle turn. Has a real "In the Hills, the Cities" look.

RE: zombies, they really are old models. Not bad for their day but cartoony in the extreme now. I would imagine that if GW goes in the direction of a more distinctly GW take on zombies (like this mooted zombie design with bits of gravedirt, plants, wood, etc built in) it'll help them avoid competition with other more recent zombie ranges.

The Mantic zombie horde gets you twice as many superior zombie models (one of the few times this is true about Mantic's quality) for a hair more than the GW deadwalker box. Modern GW would never sell a kit with that many minis so they'll need an angle, which is most likely to be a kind of AoSification.

• Like 2

I use Fireforge zombies (they have the good size for warhammer minis unlike their other products) for my Mordheim warband + Frostgrave

Living-Dead-Peasants-FireForge-Games.jpgliving-dead-warriors.jpg

Good sculpts and its all hard plastic.

So yeah like Kingbrodd said, I imagine the new deadwalkers to be very different more like draugr but pirate

• Like 11
  • LOVE IT! 1

Many thanks folks :D Unfortunately i dont have any other photos and hes stashed away in storage somewhere :(

+1 on the Mantic zombies, they were less than half the price at the time for good enough minis for a ravening horde, things like zombies genuinely benefit from being cheap and huge i think, which gw could do, pack a sprue solid with minis with minor posability and extra heads and cut your margins and you will sell boatloads, folks will do their own conversions and kitbashes if they are that way inclined buts its cheaper and easier for people who want literally hundreds :) 

The easiest thing to AoS’ify zombies that I can think of is a mix of zombies from all the races. With bits and bobs on there from those factions. 
skinny zombies with whip and knife with last few bits of king hair. Broad, hulking zombies with pieces of yellow armour nailed into their flesh. Small armoured zombies who hold a rifle like a club. 

would make ‘copy right-able’ as well I think 

kinda like the old mixed skeleton dogs of war unit. 

image.png.83ed91e838719bf1980f2c78da7efeea.png

• Like 4

Perhaps it's because I'm burnt out on horde armies but I'd love a zombie faction that was all 60mm+ bases. Different "swarms" of zombies, giant amalgamations of the dead, Monsters stitched together like the Skaven beast. A Deadapult that inflicts damage and deep strikes zombies around the table.

And 100% behind @Kramer idea of having all the other races present in the sculpts. That's bothered me since 5th.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Eldarain said:

Perhaps it's because I'm burnt out on horde armies but I'd love a zombie faction that was all 60mm+ bases. Different "swarms" of zombies, giant amalgamations of the dead, Monsters stitched together like the Skaven beast. A Deadapult that inflicts damage and deep strikes zombies around the table.

And 100% behind @Kramer idea of having all the other races present in the sculpts. That's bothered me since 5th.

So more Blood Bowl Flesh Golems and less generic zombies?

I'd be down for that.

01.webp

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jator said:

At this point they HAVE to be a thing!! The Sons of Behemat, an entire army of Gargants was my dream army and I thought it would remain that and they weren't even mentioned...ever besides Sky Titans in WHFB and they happend. 

I think GW will do Grotbag Scuttlers as their second Gitz army. WHFB had Night Goblins and standard Goblins and Orcs so I think theyll do them as people may love Gitz but arent attracted to the Gloomspite Git. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

If we are getting new zombies, I highly suspect it will be these bird house guys:

image.png.49a187497f558611d9485c8ba688e9a8.png

Hmmm I used to think the pirate idea is more possible, but looking at this (which surely is part of that faction) I shift more to the nordic/draugr idea. Ravens, which appear both here and one of the critters and keys are also another argument for that. And honestly, once again, I would throw so much money at GW. I am currently living through my viking hype phase, so it would be a bullseye shot right through my wallet