The Rumour Thread

15 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

I'm not seeing that image as 100% a gun. Looks like it could be one of those weird-grip knives/swords too.

Maybe! What confused me (if it is a gun): why can‘t we see the gunbut/gun handle? Same goes for a Dagger/sword?

maybe it‘s a key afterall. Thinking about it the key makes sense in combination with the rumors engine: A rat has a strong association with ships. A bird for communication and the likes and of course the „Crow‘s nest“ etc.. Pirates that are keeping keys to their (soul-) treasures? Maybe these treasure chests contain their own soul which prevents them from dying?

- just a little bit of brainstorming which surprisingly doesn’t even feel way off (to me) xD - could be a cool story for an army/warband

🤔

Edit: To add to this (prob wrong): These Undeads Are not associated with Nagash at all.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

Maybe! What confused me (if it is a gun): why can‘t we see the gunbut/gun handle? Same goes for a Dagger/sword?

maybe it‘s a key afterall. Thinking about it the key makes sense in combination with the rumors engine: A rat has a strong association with ships. A bird for communication and the likes and of course the „Crow‘s nest“ etc.. Pirates that are keeping keys to their (soul-) treasures? Maybe these treasure chests contain their own soul which prevents them from dying?

- just a little bit of brainstorming which surprisingly doesn’t even feel way off (to me) xD - could be a cool story for an army/warband

🤔

Edit: To add to this (prob wrong): These Undeads Are not associated with Nagash at all.

A treasure trove of life? Mate this idea is fantastic!! 

• Thanks 1

If that's a halfling, that'd be very interesting. Has there been any mentions of halflings in the lore for Age of Sigmar? Not only is that the first halfling model for AoS if that's the case, he'd also be the first Slaaneshi halfling model in both AoS and Warhammer Fantasy as far as I know. Only reason I thought he might be a duardin was because of that, but he definitely looks more like a halfling and a halfling would fit with the gluttony theme.

Edited by FFJump

I am in the camel camp, the ‘long-legged beasts’ that the air sect are said to ride match the description more of a camel. The fur on the long neck is matched closer to a camel than a llama or alpaca.  Long neck also has metal plating on the front side.  Aelementiri of the slicing gale, wind does shape deserts and stones (ventifacts) so it could give hints at their weapons etc

either way this year is shaping up nicely for my long standing Araby project

E95E3283-F3DB-44E0-8827-7AC48A827AAD.jpeg

Edited by Mandzak-Miniatures
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Just got around to checking out the previews. 

One thing I am very excited for is the Lumineth on what looks like a cloud.  If they do a clear homage to Sun Wukong I might have...to buy some knife ear models.

Yes, Journey to the West was also what I thought about when the cloud riding mages appeared in the Battletome. I must have watched a movie in the 80’ or something, and really became a fan of the Monkey King for a while. 

With all the Asian elements the Lumineth have, it’s certainly possible. But then, they could also have camel hats... : ). 

Edit: and I always reach the reaction limit when new Lumineth stuff is released.... Grrrr. 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 1