The Rumour Thread

23 minutes ago, Fellman said:

Late to the party but that is the relm of death symbol on the book preview right?
image.png.ef79a8e132012bcccfc66138405adcb1.png

I don't think there are any symbols on the book, besides the standard AoS 2 'lines' that are found on their 'generic' books like the GHB and CRB. Unless I'm missing something?

• Like 1

I think that the new book will be vampires. Slaanesh had their own sneak peek a month ago, and I think they will be like mechs in PA. 

Maybe they can have a new book for AoS 3.0. with some rules changes, so they can sell all the new range with this BR release and with their future book (bad rules will change into OP ones, and so). And this Xmas sneak peek are the new LoN/SB full army with lots of new releases.

Or even two new books, new DoK vs Slaanesh or Slaanesh and Vampires book! But HoS book is from 2019 and this battletome from february probably was made for being on shops on late 2020 so...

42 minutes ago, Fellman said:

Late to the party but that is the relm of death symbol on the book preview right?
image.png.ef79a8e132012bcccfc66138405adcb1.png

Good eye!  (It's on the right hand edge of the book, about 3/4 down for those who can't spot it.)

However it looks to me like they're just reusing the Malign Portents graphics for this image so it may not necessarily mean anything for the mystery book's contents.

• Like 1

Not to sound harsh on Death/Vampires, but I kind of hope it isn't them *if* this battletome is the only rulebook (including Broken Realms) to come out in the first two months of 2021. It's nothing against Vampires, but as a Slaanesh fan it would suck to have the models teased months in advance only to not have the release for 5+ months while another faction got a massive hype release in between. That long of a wait sucked for Lumineth and Sons of Behemat - imagine how much more it would have sucked for LRL if there had been a big Ironjawz (or whatever) release between their first reveal and their full range being released.  

Maybe it's selfish, but I've been looking forward to Slaanesh mortals for a long while, and *if* (key word here) it's a choice between them getting a rulebook and release in February or any new faction getting a rulebook and release in February, I'd much rather they finished off the Slaanesh release rather than leaving it out to stagnate and be passed over by the next big thing.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Not to sound harsh on Death/Vampires, but I kind of hope it isn't them *if* this battletome is the only rulebook (including Broken Realms) to come out in the first two months of 2021. It's nothing against Vampires, but as a Slaanesh fan it would suck to have the models teased months in advance only to not have the release for 5+ months while another faction got a massive hype release in between. That long of a wait sucked for Lumineth and Sons of Behemat - imagine how much more it would have sucked for LRL if there had been a big Ironjawz (or whatever) release between their first reveal and their full range being released.  

Maybe it's selfish, but I've been looking forward to Slaanesh mortals for a long while, and *if* (key word here) it's a choice between them getting a rulebook and release in February or any new faction getting a rulebook and release in February, I'd much rather they finished off the Slaanesh release rather than leaving it out to stagnate and be passed over by the next big thing.

Slaneesh had a battetome not too long ago, i will be VERY mad if they release a battletome for a army that is also top tier while there are some army that are rotting (Bok, sylvaneth, LoN)

It would be plain unfair

1 minute ago, Yondaime said:

Slaneesh had a battetome not too long ago, i will be VERY mad if they release a battletome for a army that is also top tier while there are some army that are rotting (Bok, sylvaneth, LoN)

It would be plain unfair

But the alternative is what? Not releasing Slaanesh models for ages after their tease (didn't work well for LRL) because they're not getting a release in January? And I really doubt GW would have February share two massive AoS releases that would likely cannibalise sales. 

Vampires are cool, but it's not good practise or predecent for any army to have their models teased and not released for ages, only to have another faction come out in the middle of their tease and release. 

Imagine if a Soulblight release was teased in March, with all but one or two models revealed. Then, in July, there's a big Seraphon release. Finally in November Soulblight comes out. Wouldn't be great, would it? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Enoby said:

But the alternative is what? Not releasing Slaanesh models for ages after their tease (didn't work well for LRL) because they're not getting a release in January? And I really doubt GW would have February share two massive AoS releases that would likely cannibalise sales. 

Vampires are cool, but it's not good practise or predecent for any army to have their models teased and not released for ages, only to have another faction come out in the middle of their tease and release. 

Imagine if a Soulblight release was teased in March, with all but one or two models revealed. Then, in July, there's a big Seraphon release. Finally in November Soulblight comes out. Wouldn't be great, would it? 

You are right about the tease, I was so exited by lumineth and the wait killed me, but for those models I think a narrative book like broken realms (and since they are the morathi’s main antagonist it’s not that far from being real) would do the job

idk, a whole battletome just to add like 2/3 units in a already strong and wide army looks wrong to me, while vampires haven’t had a good release since the beginning of aos

also I would like to see a death faction that is against nagash, since if you don’t like the big boney douche you can’t find a army in death

Edited by Yondaime

13 minutes ago, Yondaime said:

You are right about the tease, I was so exited by lumineth and the wait killed me, but for those models I think a narrative book like broken realms (and since they are the morathi’s main antagonist it’s not that far from being real) would do the job

idk, a whole battletome just to add like 2/3 units in a already strong and wide army looks wrong to me 

I get you. If Slaanesh wasn't getting models, then I would be against them getting a battletome over the more neglected factions - to be honest, these mortals were a massive surprise to me. I was fully expecting the 2019 Daemon release to be the end of Slaanesh releases for 5+ years. As we're getting a load of new stuff and apparently only one AoS rule book in the first two months, to me this is the only chance these Slaanesh models have to be released without them having a LRL style wait. 

That said, the current Slaanesh battletome is missing 10 non-Forge World warscrolls (or 11 if there's one more release).  There are currently 18 non-Forge World Slaanesh warscrolls. They're getting about a 56% increase in the number of models they have. If they had a Broken Realms book, and it was shared with other factions, those other factions are probably going to feel a bit cheesed off as most of the book will be dedicated to Slaanesh rules and warscrolls. In addition, new Slaanesh players will feel cheesed off if they have to buy two books (broken realms and their battletome) to play their shiny new models.

To put the numbers into perspective, imagine if Lumineth got added on to Idoneth Deepkin (as in, they became one faction) and they didn't get a new battletome.

Edited by Enoby
  • Like 2

Taking the rumours of AoS3 together with the current storyline of She-Who-Thirsts impending escape it could be that GW are or were planning to have a their mortals and a combined tome released at that point. 

A Hedonites vs (blank) army starter for AoS3.

Personally, I would prefer Orruk vs (someone) but I understand a lot of folks want their models updated.

1 hour ago, Yondaime said:

idk, a whole battletome just to add like 2/3 units in a already strong and wide army looks wrong to me

It's a lot more than 2/3 units. Just from what's been revealed, we have; Slaangors, Archers, Archers on Exalted Steeds, melee unit on Exalted Steeds, Myrmidesh, Twin Souls, Shardspeaker, Sigvald. We know there's at least one more unit coming too. 

I do agree otherwise, bar Nighthaunt Death have been neglected for a long time. I'm positive their day is coming in 2021.

Edited by Jaskier