The Rumour Thread

9 hours ago, novakai said:

not sure if there is one

the table of content doesn't list anything about a chaos chariot warscroll (well in fact the S2D section is sort of messed up and merged with the Deepkin section for some reason)

and Broken realm website didn't mention anything about a new warscroll for S2D either

So I watched Ash's (GMG) video and it seems that they can be made into heroes but only in the Idolators legion. It seems like a really good legion so it might be cool but I was hoping to add an additional hero into my Ravagers in the hopes of summoning an extra warband to the field. Overall it is very tempting and a cool update to Slaves to Darkness that makes Warcry Warbands seem remotely worthwhile.  

7 minutes ago, Howdyhedberg said:

Haven't seen if anyone replied, but according to guerilla something that reviewed the book, it seems like you still can play anvilguard. 

As @Double Misfire said a few post above yours, it's explicitly written in BR:Morathi that Anvilgard is still playable, either as the city itself before the events of BR:Morathi, or as a loyalist contingent campaigning around while Morathi took over. 

• Like 2

The problem with seeing things "sellingout" as a good thing is that its basically pointless for us to guess how well something actually sold by that metric. We've no idea how many GW made to start with, nor their global distribution breakdown. Plus sometimes things sell out for other reasons - eg I'm sure a lot of ebay stores bought Indomitus because it was a huge sale on products that they know they can keep selling for a decade after at profit. Most of those models wont' go out of date and the rule book will remain valid for at least 3-5 years or somewhere in that region. More than enough time to offload it all with profit. 

Without distribution data we don't know if a local sell out is because its selling like crazy or because GW only sent 5 copies to that whole region. 

In general we lack sufficient data to really know. Variations in stock happen all the time, even the limited editions vary a lot between sometimes having only a 100 or less copies to having 100s of copies being made. So there's ample room for variation at production end to affect the impression of things going out of stock or not at sale.

Personally I'm of the opinion that stuff going out of stock on the pre-order launch day is great in terms of exceeding GW's estimations. However in theory each time that happens GW will use that data to avoid it happening next time. In theory GW wants these sets to sell quickly, but not to sell out too fast. They want customers to buy them and have good reptuations for supply of their product. So in theory not selling out just means GW got their estimations better. 

I'd say the best case is it sells out after a month or two of being on retail sale. That means a high demand, but also a spread out demand which means it reached a far greater proportion of the customerbase and perhaps even exceeded the original customerbase (ergo new people took up the set and got involved). Selling out at launch suggests only those who were already customers bought into it fast; which is nice but it means no expansion of market interest in those lines (or limited since the product sold out so fast) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm really hoping that for Broken Realms or for AOS 3.0 we see a return to classic Duardin retaking mountain holds from Skaven, a throwback to a classic rivalry and a perfect excuse to add Grungi's secret working and add a new Faction whilst updating a tonne of the Skaven range much like Necrons have just had. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

16 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm really hoping that for Broken Realms or for AOS 3.0 we see a return to classic Duardin retaking mountain holds from Skaven, a throwback to a classic rivalry and a perfect excuse to add Grungi's secret working and add a new Faction whilst updating a tonne of the Skaven range much like Necrons have just had. 

With the coalescing of pretty much every surviving WHFB Dark Elf unit (including Witch Elves) under Har Kuron, does make one wonder if we might see a Dwarf-only 'City'  (Hold) option in one of these books, presumably with a 1/4 Dispossessed units can be Fyreslayers/Kharadron rule.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I slightly disagree. I‘d like to see all the classic models + new fantastical dwarves to retake holds, which they then also share with humans and the likes :) (Holds of Order)

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

18 hours ago, Realmhead said:

Logister chamber will first appear in a new boxed game called Storm Heist, where a ragtag group of criminals raid Sigmar's wagon trains. Play as the Grotbag Scuttler getaway flyer, Ogor muscle, Black Corsair gunslinger (but with handbows), or the Tzeentchian wizard mastermind.

That actually sounds quite good as a one of game. Orrrrr the new warhammer quest. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, michu said:

Aelven miners! Human Slayers! Yes!

Only a Skaven player would propose and support such insane madness! Miners perhaps, but Slayers? SLAYERS? You can't just grow some stubble on your chin and put your hair up and call yourself a dwarven slayer! To start with no human could ever drink a dwarf under the table; nor be as naturally grumpy for prolonged periods of time as to have enough gumption to have a grudge last long enough to be a slayer. 

Besides we all know that in every generation of man there is a chosen one. She alone will stand against the soulblight the demons and the forces of Chaos. She is The Slayer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Yeah I've read the spoilers and it looks great for the lore development wise- I hope we see some development of the dwarfs becoming more independent of the humans/sigmar. I actually think a key part of Grungni's plans might be finding/restoring Valaya..and I wouldn't mind the return of the shaven so we can start crushing them again.... [favourite adversary..]

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

With the coalescing of pretty much every surviving WHFB Dark Elf unit (including Witch Elves) under Har Kuron, does make one wonder if we might see a Dwarf-only 'City'  (Hold) option in one of these books, presumably with a 1/4 Dispossessed units can be Fyreslayers/Kharadron rule.

I could see the formation of. a new empire and alliance with the KO-slayers and others. The hammerers and ironbreakers are such cool models they'd make a good basis for a force. 

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

I slightly disagree. I‘d like to see all the classic models + new fantastical dwarves to retake holds, which they then also share with humans and the likes :) (Holds of Order)

I'd kinda hate that - I've never liked dwarfs being part of a human army - I still remember dwarfs with feathers and ruffles in 3rd edition,,, the horror... - don't mind humans as allies/trading partners but I'd prefer we kept our independence.. its one reason I don't like the dispossessed - too embedded in human/sigmar culture- although I love the models. 

1 hour ago, michu said:

Aelven miners! Human Slayers! Yes!

Just no... your name has been added to the Book of Grudges...🤮

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, silverstu said:

I'd kinda hate that - I've never liked dwarfs being part of a human army - I still remember dwarfs with feathers and ruffles in 3rd edition,,, the horror... - don't mind humans as allies/trading partners but I'd prefer we kept our independence.. its one reason I don't like the dispossessed - too embedded in human/sigmar culture- although I love the models.

You know, the old metal dwarves (Hammerer as well as the Gyrocopter from my current viewpoint) also had feathers on their helmets sometimes, but I agree that's more the Celtic way.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

You know, the old metal dwarves (Hammerer as well as the Gyrocopter from my current viewpoint) also had feathers on their helmets sometimes, but I agree that's more the Celtic way.

It was the marauder "little lord Fauntleroy "look I particularly hated .. those pikemen with the tiny beards, the pantaloons ...... the shame.... 

Much prefer the Celtic/viking/smith look, even the earlier imperial dwarfs were good as they were heavily armoured, made the bulk of my army from them.. some of the dwarf art was epic but the minis took a while to catch up. The recent models have been fantastic though - Gotrek and Bugmansson are such great sculpts..

3 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

@Doko and everyone else

Man types about contents of book is up, and apparently it explicitly says you can continue using the existing Anvilgard allegiance if you like https://www.goonhammer.com/broken-realms-morathi-review/#Cities_of_Sigmar

Thanks man i can forget this book and all the (useless new citys in it) new rules and continue with my dwarfs+2 dragons anvilguard fun 

• Confused 1

“Much like Psychic Awakening, boons granted to armies are very uneven with Stormcast Eternals and Daughters of Khaine getting huge overhauls to their army while Idoneth and Cities of Sigmar got so-so boons. Slaves to Darkness got absolutely clowned on here”

100% with goonhammer

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Ragest said:

“Much like Psychic Awakening, boons granted to armies are very uneven with Stormcast Eternals and Daughters of Khaine getting huge overhauls to their army while Idoneth and Cities of Sigmar got so-so boons. Slaves to Darkness got absolutely clowned on here”

100% with goonhammer

I'd presume that Cities of Sigmar content is going to be scattered throughout the series. this one being very laser focused on the Dark Elf element.

Slaves to Darkness similarly barely feature and are a widespread antagonist, so I'd expect them to show up again with much greater focus in one or more books.

Sucks for Idoneth though, but at least their book will probably be one of the first 3.0 Battletomes.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Envyus said:

The cities seem cool to me don't get what your complaining about. 

I just gonna copy and paste the review of the book n goonhammer who after read the new rules i agree with him

This is a big one, 2 new subfactions for Cities of Sigmar. I don’t think either of them are going to replace Hallowheart in the meta but more options is nice. Unfortunately unlike some other armies in the book there arent any general buffs to the army so if youre not interested in playing with new subfactions you can probably skip this book.

21 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'd presume that Cities of Sigmar content is going to be scattered throughout the series. this one being very laser focused on the Dark Elf element.

Slaves to Darkness similarly barely feature and are a widespread antagonist, so I'd expect them to show up again with much greater focus in one or more books.

Sucks for Idoneth though, but at least their book will probably be one of the first 3.0 Battletomes.

Yes, i will follow that path, the factions getting stuff throught books (sc, cities, std), and the rest getting some fixes and prepare them to enter in AoS 3.0 with a launch of new tomes near the date or when that arrives.

i hope so, and we will see it on next books, because if cities or std just get that (and erratas, because no spells on mistheaven and no artifacts on std, a complete mess), will be discouragening. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Doko said:

I just gonna copy and paste the review of the book n goonhammer who after read the new rules i agree with him

This is a big one, 2 new subfactions for Cities of Sigmar. I don’t think either of them are going to replace Hallowheart in the meta but more options is nice. Unfortunately unlike some other armies in the book there arent any general buffs to the army so if youre not interested in playing with new subfactions you can probably skip this book.

So what many people like to play with new subfactions and battalions. 

• Like 1

RVwymYyqfUEmmVcM-560x360.jpg

This image of the coins you can get in Warhammer stores was on the storefinder website so it seems the next free minis will be Slannesh and Death Guard? (Death Guard could be the Sorcerer which was originally part of the SM Heroes Series 3 but wasn't released with them today, no idea about slannesh thought maybe just some Deamonettes?)

Daughters of Khaine get a coin and Morathi book is released

Death Guard are getting a codex in December so the coin lines up for that.

Slaanesh coin might be for the underworld release or Slaanesh might get an expansion in January.

The coins do appear to be lining up with releases.

• Like 1