The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Boytoy said:

i think i'd prefer to see the kurnothi as as expansion to sylvaneth, handled much like the expansion to GSC done in 40k. centaur cavalry and a skirmishing horde unit of satyrs would be excellent additions

PArt me also hopes it goes this way. Not only because it means that AoS doesn't get even more faction bloat, but it also gives Sylvaneth something new to bolster their model range. The last thing I want to see is AoS end up with 3 dozen armies - all a handful of models each and so many that GW never has the production slots to broaden their model ranges. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Overread said:

PArt me also hopes it goes this way. Not only because it means that AoS doesn't get even more faction bloat, but it also gives Sylvaneth something new to bolster their model range. The last thing I want to see is AoS end up with 3 dozen armies - all a handful of models each and so many that GW never has the production slots to broaden their model ranges. 

Selfishly I agree now that I've got the Sons of Behemat. I love new armies so ****** much but after the Sons and whichever new Factions are coming next year, being Vampires or Kurnoth what have you, that GW takes a break and updates the existing range for a year or so.

46 minutes ago, RandyRyan said:

Even though we'd all prefer the Sons 😎

Absolutely. I could still see the Sons released at the same time as the Lumineth.

• Like 1

For me its not even a selfish thing, its more that I realise that many people only collect a few armies if one army at a time. If GW goes too broad the playerbase ends up with dozens of armies and GW has a harder time keeping people happy. There's a few exceptions - eg Giants might be one that gets fewer updates due to their very nature.

We are seeing it happen too, Warcry added a load to Slaves to Darkness and we are getting some Daughters of Khaine additions too. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Overread said:

For me its not even a selfish thing, its more that I realise that many people only collect a few armies if one army at a time. If GW goes too broad the playerbase ends up with dozens of armies and GW has a harder time keeping people happy. There's a few exceptions - eg Giants might be one that gets fewer updates due to their very nature.

We are seeing it happen too, Warcry added a load to Slaves to Darkness and we are getting some Daughters of Khaine additions too. 

Warcry and Beastgrave are excellent for adding new minis to existing armies.

I think that all the Aelves seem to be set up in a manner that can be easily consolidated back into the the traditional High, Dark, Wood divisions. Idoneth and Lumineth are both made from Teclis and fit the role of High Elves, Daughters of Khaine and Malerion's Aelves are pretty much just an updated take on Dark Elves and then Sylvaneth and Kurnothi round off things as the new Wood Elves.

I don't think that they will necessarily go in this direction... but I also think that it is set up so that if either side fail they can be absorbed into the more popular side as a subfaction.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

I too think that it would be a mistake for AoS to keep going wider and wider with armies instead of deepening armies that are already here. Some armies certainly have big holes they can fill. Sylvaneth cavalry and archers/ranged come to mind.

In that vein, if we're talking potential Sylvaneth additions I'm not the hugest fan of the elf-satyr/centaur Kurnothi as we've seen from underworlds. Like, as a unit in the larger army, they're neat, but my heart wants elf-elfs of the kind that live in the woods. Ideally the Wanderers (and/or spiritual successors to those models) and Sylvaneth get back together as a "Natural Order" army with some new stuff added to the mix.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Come on Kurnothi, my Wild Hunt theme is straining at the leash!

‘Their charge is indistinguishable from the storm. Hoofbeats tumble through the heavens. Spearheads glitter with lightning. The aroma of first spring and spilled blood and the forest in full bloom precedes  them. And when the sky flashes, the maddening host flashes into being with it: a hundred shapes both aelf and steed pouring like liquid clouds towards the earth. 

‘He roars, and with each shuddering breath to wrack His chest, Ghyran roars with Him. Its fury burns like the vast swathe of His thighs, its light a billion spites glittering in His antlered crown. Beneath this mantle, the whites of His eyes gleam with Ghyran’s wrath, utterly indifferent to all in His path, nature unbridled. He is our father, a hunter, sovereign of Kurnotheal and Consort-King.

’We do not pray to Him but make worship with every spear cast, every arrow loosed, every bead of sweat and drop of blood and scream we spill on this holiest of days when spring breaks and His horn echoes between the trees, a calling none of us can ignore.’

26632B10-6092-4AB8-8478-4A042C32D03B.jpeg

98A68DE8-1B42-4764-9791-2245C97DA9A8.jpeg

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

Its not that selfish, i mean if i want to run pure Kurnoth i could probably still do that even if they are technically Sylvaneth, splitting into too many armies was one of the many problems with AOS initially and id hope theyd learned from that!

But yeah Skaven would definitely be best, especially poor old forgotten Clan Eshin with our Mordheim era models :/ I mean even an underworlds or warcry band of gutter runners would be a huge benefit!

On 5/29/2020 at 8:55 PM, silverstu said:

I know they have 2 Psychic Awakening books to get out yet but they have a month to drop them before 9th- seems easy and sets up some of the factions for the new edition. 

I really hope they never do an AoS equivalent of Psychic Awakening. It's absurd how many campaign books there are for 40k now and from what I've seen the only good ones were the two for Vigilus. 

I mean how many books do people have to take with them to play 40k now? Completely insane to have army rules coming from so many different books, all of which cost money. Should just be core rules + army book, nothing else. 

Edited by 123lac
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Its not that selfish, i mean if i want to run pure Kurnoth i could probably still do that even if they are technically Sylvaneth, splitting into too many armies was one of the many problems with AOS initially and id hope theyd learned from that!

But yeah Skaven would definitely be best, especially poor old forgotten Clan Eshin with our Mordheim era models :/ I mean even an underworlds or warcry band of gutter runners would be a huge benefit!

Gutter Runners truly are in need of updated models. I'd love to see what GW can come up with now.

9 minutes ago, 123lac said:

I really hope they never do an AoS equivalent of Psychic Awakening. It's absurd how many campaign books there are for 40k now and from what I've seen the only good ones were the two for Vigilus. 

I mean how many books do people have to take with them to play 40k now? Completely insane to have army rules coming from so many different books, all of which cost money. Should just be core rules + army book, nothing else. 

I love how AOS is doing it at the moment. One or two Campaign books a year and nothing devoted to a single faction. PA is fun in concept and I absolutely love lore, it being one of my favourite aspects of the hobby, but there is no way I can justify forking out all that money for Campaign books for all of the Factions.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Surprised such a small/weak release after months of no releases.  Was hoping they already had some stuff in the channels and could double up on some releases

It’s not particularly small, or weak. It just isn’t a main game. It was previewed in like February so it was pretty imminent before lockdown hit. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Well that immediately proves the leaked schedule wrong. So far it feels like they are proceeding as if the last two months didn't happen. We got two weeks of releases which were originally scheduled for April. 

Yeah this seems to be the way. What order are the current releases slated for if that's the case? I'm not sure about anything 40K related but surely this would mean the Lumineth would be next in line for AOS at least.

Edited by KingBrodd

So you have to assume all the Lvo releases come out before the adepticon ones and Nuremberg you should before adepticon too.

in which case best guess is 

- lumineth starter box and teclis

- Escher house of blades and defence of ryza for adeptus titanicus

- then lumineth

- then rest of what was teased at adepticon 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

Well that immediately proves the leaked schedule wrong. So far it feels like they are proceeding as if the last two months didn't happen. We got two weeks of releases which were originally scheduled for April. 

Yep that’s surprising so on one side it seems their release order is unaltered and things just shifted two months. On the other we have to see if key release dates like GHB 20 (end of June) and similar will be respected.

They already showed they don’t mind axing content by removing two white dwarves this year so it is possible some things may just shift away until they get back in track. But at least for now they cannot afford to pack too much in a single release. Would make sense if they hadn’t shipped them already but warehouse space is limited...