The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, Chikout said:

It's such an easy fix though. Imagine if they started the recent article with "the Scinari Cathallar which completes the Lumineth range" or ended it with "look for more Lumineth news coming soon" That's all it would take to fix the situation. I don't think that's asking too much of the community team . 

To be fair the community team is not always in the know about stuff, it possible even they are left in the dark about what information can be release. Even then it the marketing team higher up decision.

also in the end it just plastic soldiers, not asking for much about information about toys is still a selfish request

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dawnmane said:

Does anyone know if any more Lumineth Lowdowns are coming? Wasn't that supposed to be today?

I think if it happens or not people shouldn't become too disheartened, they did drip feed a few of the last ones because I think they really were waiting to see if they would reopen on the 14th according to the UK guidelines, since they were pushed and rightly so I think they just didnt have any other articles written up.

6 hours ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Well, now that Sons is official, perhaps this rumor of a Soulblight Battle Tome isn't so far fetched now. In my above post I quoted, I should mentioned that these "really big models" he said that were coming out would be for Destruction. 

Just imagine what kind of cool and crazy [expletive] GW could come out with for Soulblight. 🥰

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Gentlemen, I hate to interrupt such a sophisticated debate, but following last years release shedule, wouldn't the General's Handbook 2020 be the very next release? GH2019 was annouced on May 11th and released in June, so there aren't many weeks left.

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 minutes ago, Bayul said:

Gentlemen, I hate to interrupt such a sophisticated debate, but following last years release shedule, wouldn't the General's Handbook 2020 be the very next release? GH2019 was annouced on May 11th and released in June, so there aren't many weeks left.

That's assuming COVID hasn't thrown the release schedule completely out of whack. I wouldn't mind seeing GH 2020 soon, but I definitely do not expect it soon.

• LOVE IT! 1

GHB 20 is going to be an interesting dilemma. In theory GW could keep the same release schedule so the GHB would be shifted like the rest of x weeks. Anticipating it may create problems if they already printed it. If they didn’t it depends from the content already planned and how much it can conflict with this year releases. Luckily the point tables are a separate booklet now so easy fix, although as already mentioned earlier this whole situation is probably affecting also playtesting maybe some points still needed some time to be refined and this could cause further delay?

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

I'm really curious to what are they going to do with the GHB2020. No need for allegiance abilities, so they have some space for something new appart from point tweaks.

Point tweaks were in a seperate booklet in GBH2019 anyway, and are now all online in the Errata documents iirc. 

Personally I am hoping for an update & expansion for Meeting Engagements. For Open Play I would like to see some experimental gameplay changes. i.e. alternate activations or a round structure more like the lotr game, so that people that like those can mess around in Open Play. 

Not sure what matched play would like in GBH2020. Just some new and updated battleplans? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bayul said:

Legion of Grief and Lethisian Defenders do need rules.

100% agree. Maybe in GHB2020 (one can hope), but IMO, the Legion of Grief should be part of the LoN (new) battletome and Lethis Defenders should be another City in Cities of Sigmar (same as Excelsis...I'm lookint at you "New GordrakkvsAzyr Campaign").

I love the mnultiple directions that they can go with AoS. Everything is possible!!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Beliman said:

100% agree. Maybe in GHB2020 (one can hope), but IMO, the Legion of Grief should be part of the LoN (new) battletome and Lethis Defenders should be another City in Cities of Sigmar (same as Excelsis...I'm lookint at you "New GordrakkvsAzyr Campaign").

I love the mnultiple directions that they can go with AoS. Everything is possible!!!

A create your own city allegiance generator?

• LOVE IT! 2

24 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

A create your own city allegiance generator?

Maybe. it could be everything.

They can even create a new "Cities of Destruction" Battletome and use any existing model (even from other GAs). If I reember correctly, we had an Orruk City in Firestorm campaign that (with some luck) could burn a piece of terrain at the begining of the game. There are even some Allegiance that just borrow models from multiple races/allegiances too (Lethis, LoN, Wrath of the Everchosen, etc...).

GW can just expand any of this concepts (from creating your own city to just release Cities of [Insert Allegiance]) and recycle any kit that they have in the warehouse. Everything is possible at this point.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is any type of new Dogs of War kits (birdmen of Catrazza Floating City) in the pipeline 🤣

• Like 1