The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

First off: this reveal was very solid and fun!

I‘ll get one of the giants as they‘re apparently usable for all factions!

I‘ll skip the Lumineth and wait for the Shadow Aelves 😍😍 their style is superb! I‘ll even get some of the 40k models previewed today!

Those are not Shadow Elves, those are Daughters of Khaine. Good chance Shadow Aelves are anything like that but 100% new design like Deepkin

Initial Thoughts: this was the best online preview of the three.

AOS/Warcry/Bloodbowl:: The Giants look amazing, I might have to build a Gate-Smasher for my Slaves to Darkness and a Kraken Eater for my Idoneth. Then I will be halfway to a full Sons of Behemat army. It would be a waste of money not to do this 😇. The new Khaine models are amazing I cannot even begin to contain my excitement for Malerion's eventual release. The new Luminth model is fantastic but so much of the model has been leaked that it felt like a let down after the awesome Sons and Khaine models. Snotling team is weird... but I like them. If I ever play Ogor Mawtribes I might mix a few of them in with the Gnoblars.

40K/Blackstone Fortress/Horus Heresy:: That Necron model is the coolest thing they showed off. I also quite like the inquisitor but nothing can compete to the utter madness of a spider robot tearing someone's psychic powers from their body. I love the Sisters of Battle aesthetic and so the cartoon and new model appeal to me but as someone that likes 40k from the outside not as tempting as the Necron. The terminator librarian looks so disproportionate and weird so my least favourite reveal. I was just thinking of getting into the Blackstone Fortress and this release seems pretty neat. I doubt I would get it personally but those models are awesome. Horus Heresy is just some dude... neat if you like that dude I guess?

Overall I really liked everything and I am excited to learn more about the Sons, the Khaine warband and hopefully see more Necrons.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Clearly the best preview of the three IMO. 

To see so early the start of ORDER warbands for Warcry warmth my heart to no end. Also, it's great to see they take another aspect of a faction to explore (it's not just the DoK warband from WHU - which is great already - with cards ; it's NEW models entirely ❤️ ).

I can't wait for the next show in May, with (I guess) more infos on 9th ed. 40k and Necrons. 

--

I loved almost every Blackstone Fortress releases (not their prices lol) and Im quite sad they announced it's the last installment  in the series......

HOWEVER IT MEANS GW CAN SHIFT WARHAMMER QUEST TO AOS AGAIN. They talked about it on some podcasts already...

That kind of product line (lot's of old school stuff with new wonders like the Drones) would do marvel for AOS....... 

amazing set of revels today. honestly super happy for @KingBrodd, those new gargants are beautiful. the shadow elves look amazing, and i can't wait to see what other warbands they have up their sleeves. and despite not really liking most of the lumineth stuff, im going to pick up one of those mage models - so many conversion possibilities!

My random prediction/hope.  The new Warcry warbands will represent the 8 realms like the original 8 Chaos but not necessary all Order.

Shadow - DoK
Light - Lumineth 
Fire - Fyreslayers (!)
Metal - Kharadron Overlords (!)
Death - Flesh-Eater Courts (or any Death really)
Beasts - Ironjawz (or any Destruction really)
Life - Sylvaneth 
Heavens - Stormcast Eternals

Like someone pointed out earlier, this will be a neat way to expand some of the other armies without a full release. 

Edited by King Under the Mountain
  • Like 2

worth remembering that technically, well literally in fact, they have already done boxed Warcry warbands for Nighthaunt, Stormcast and Gloomspite, just with pre-existing models so easy to not really think of... so at least for the near future those are probably considered done (shame as I'd like more new GG and Nighthaunt models but not like I don't have enough already...).

Screenshot 2020-04-18 at 17.08.38.png

Screenshot 2020-04-18 at 17.09.29.png

Screenshot 2020-04-18 at 17.08.59.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Boytoy said:

amazing set of revels today. honestly super happy for @KingBrodd, those new gargants are beautiful. the shadow elves look amazing, and i can't wait to see what other warbands they have up their sleeves. and despite not really liking most of the lumineth stuff, im going to pick up one of those mage models - so many conversion possibilities!

Thanks heaps for the support mate!! I love this community and everyone on it, I've never recieved so many congratulations for something of deep personal interest to me. The Sons are everything I hoped they would be!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Thanks heaps for the support mate!! I love this community and everyone on it, I've never recieved so many congratulations for something of deep personal interest to me. The Sons are everything I hoped they would be!!

Very excited to see the Sons across the table.  Going to make my Airships look tiny. 

9 minutes ago, Boytoy said:

i hope they do a devoted of sigmar warband for azyr instead of more stormcast. 

This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This.  This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This.  This.  This.  This.  This.  This.  This.  This.  This.  This.  This.  This.  This.  This.  This.  This.  This. This. 

THIS.

More precisely, Order Of Azyr witch hunters to represent the Realm of Azyr (instead of the Eightpoints)

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

My random prediction/hope.  The new Warcry warbands will represent the 8 realms like the original 8 Chaos but not necessary all Order.

Shadow - DoK
Light - Lumineth 
Fire - Fyreslayers (!)
Metal - Kharadron Overlords (!)
Death - Flesh-Eater Courts (or any Death really)
Beasts - Ironjawz (or any Destruction really)
Life - Sylvaneth 
Heavens - Stormcast Eternals

Like someone pointed out earlier, this will be a neat way to expand some of the other armies without a full release. 

I do wonder if we might see Fyreslayers sooner rather than later actually.

It was very, very, odd that a faction known for being loin-cloth wearing mercenary warriors didn't 'truly' feature in either War Cry wave (with the limited cards in those packets) like almost everyone else.  Nevermind Fyreslayers are, arguably, the 'pure' AoS army that most desperately needs more units.

There's also the very-obviously-Ossiarch Rumour Engine which I'd have guessed was for Underworlds but could well be for War Cry instead (although I still think Underworlds is more likely since we're not far off another season).

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I do wonder if we might see Fyreslayers sooner rather than later actually.

It was very, very, odd that a faction known for being loin-cloth wearing mercenary warriors didn't 'truly' feature in either War Cry wave (with the limited cards in those packets) like almost everyone else.  Nevermind Fyreslayers are, arguably, the 'pure' AoS army that most desperately needs more units.

Random theory but maybe the half-hearted White Dwarf list was to just hold us over for a bit because they are releasing a full Fyreslayer Warband soon.

Maybe Warcry 2.0 box will be Shadow vs Fire? 

So In summary my views:

1) AWESOME

2) The new Giants are not my thing (I'd rather super aweseome dragons); however the sculpts look outstanding. Chock full of detail, big and with loads of variety and parts on offer. I can see them being a very popular kit indeed. Not totally surprised that GW made them an ally possible unit for a large swathe of armies. Giants as a single theme for a whole army on their own are a risk because its a very top-heavy purchase for an army. Granted you don't need many, but you do have to make a big outlay to get your handful of models to get going. So having them as allies for other forces allows GW to tease them in and then once someone has two or three consider grabbing the battletome and a few smaller giants just for a fun quick to use army. 

Overall very neat and great models. 

3) The new Daughters of Khaine warband is a big surprise on multiple fronts, especially as we've just had the Underworld Warband announced as well. Their designs are also very different from the classic and they embody far more of the shadow styles and themes that the faction has. It will be really interesting to see how they fit into the army and what the other models in the band look like. Having more variety for Daughters is going to be a lot of fun and it will be interesting to see how they slot into the regular army. Right now the Chaos Warbands slot in at teh very bottom of Slaves to Darkness, but also work in large 40 man units. DoK models could be a small 10 woman team on the AoS battlefield or up to 30 or 40 models in a band. Hopefully they retain the easy to use and simple approach to AoS rules that the Chaos bands have - making them a unique and themed force that will look awesome of the tabletop. 

The Shadow effect is fantastic. It will be interesting to see how GW takes them into Daughters and its also good to see them both able to support their current styles with the Underworld warband which has a very classic fantasy approach to the model appearances; then something totally out of the park and very AoS for the Warcry team. 

4) The new Blackstone Fortress models look fab and I really want a pair of them. It's also the final expansion which suggests that Blackstone is coming to an end; this might mean that Warhammer Quest will return to AoS; if it does so then based on the models we've seen for the 40K version - we are in for a REAL treat! 

5) The new limited edition models going up for sale look great and I REALLY want that Sister of Battle. 

6) Snotlings are snotlings and are just pure oozing warhammer fun. I'm not surprised how popular they've been in the comments both here and on other sites and twitch/FB. I can see them selling really well and also being used a lot in Gloomspite Gitz armies as stand in models. 

7) The Warhammer Tv hints are neat, but like all Warhammer TV there isn't much to bit on at present. Still I'm very supportive and enthused by the artistic styles they've gone for. 

😎 The new 40K Characters look fantastic (have I used up my limit on fantastic yet?). The new Inquisitor has some very neat interactions with Xenos tech whilst the Necron blows the old model  away. It's huge, gangly and clearly using all the powers of plastic to stand there in that epic pose. Very happy to see Necrons getting some love with such wonderful sculpt. Easily one of the best sculpts we've seen this year thus far I think (excluding the modular  Giants kit) 

Overall fantastic preview and combined with the others Adpeticon would certainly have been one of the biggest events of the year and in a long while in terms of volume and impact had it gone ahead as normal. Very happy all round, though with the SoB this week and the comic tie-in last week I'm getting the feeling that GW are abandoning Primaris and going full on for Sisters of Battle = a move that will likely see me ending up with the "Sisters of Battle Character/limited edition" army 

• Like 3

Loved that reveal!

The Khainite Warcry war band looks brilliant- I love the models but also super excited that they might bring other factions out in a similar style as that scale of box is very collectable and could add a lot of model depth to ranges/break new ground for factions. Personally I'd love Kurnothi, or a Kharadron/dispossesed/dwarf war band - but excited to see what they bring.

The giants - not my thing but they look fantastic - great kit/sculpt and the extras will be great for bits. Love to get my hands on the boat backpack for starters!

Snotlings- fun sculpts.

Blackstone- very nice!- what comes next is very interesting.

The 40k stuff impressed me - I like the shift of focus to Xenos as being the big threat with Necrons as first up. Both models are really nice- not my factions but fantastic [I'd love to see a NId special character done that way!]. The future looks potentially promising.

The event models- I really like that sister model- I don't want an army but I'd be keen to get her just to paint up. 

Very well done- looking forward to the next one in May! Well done the Community team!!

3 minutes ago, BrownDog said:

Is it possible that the daughters of khaine will be rolled into malerions aelfs of ulgu? 

Unlikely. It's more likely that as they are both races of the Shadow Realm they will share some aesthetic themes in some units. Much like how Death units share some appearances as do many Destruction factions (since many destruction forces are based in the land of beasts). Shared visual styles based on a lore unified home realm is a very valid thing. 

These are clearly more of Morathi's "secrete police" style armed forces. Perhaps representing those who have a lesser talent for magic than Queens, but also who are fully Aelf and not a blending like her Khinerai and Melusai - thus they aren't a population that could vanish if the well of souls in Slaanesh's belly runs dry - or if the other Aelves catch Morathi's twisting of the spell and suddenly  cut her out of the deal. We've never yet found out if Khinerai and Melusai can breed more of themselves (Idoneth do reproduce so its possible); only ever hearing that they are made from souls saved from Slaanesh. If its the latter than their number is ultimately limited to a fixed value. Morathi is thinking ahead so if she's got another shadow force of Aelves who are pureblood then she can at least retain control of her forces and people. 

• Like 1