The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, KingKull said:

There is literally I could wish for more than this. Archaon has been one of my favorite characters ever since I got into warhammer as a kid some 13 years ago (and I wasn't even playing WoC back then) and I'd love to play him, but in no way can I stomach the new Dorghar. 

Preach!

Make like @Nacnudllah and stick the proper classic Brian Nelson Archaon on a big enough pile of skulls to fill a 160mm base and reach the height of his successor :D 

57B3B9C9-072C-4D72-9B4A-BDB954BC8372.jpeg.c84727a1cd814067804d621fa3e91a8d.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

1 hour ago, Double Misfire said:

You might be on to somethign here...

Thumbing through the Slaves to Darkness book, and in the Legion of the Everchosen allegiance abilities and Varanguard warscroll Archaon's referred to as a bolded keyword, and his warsroll's titled ARCHAON THE EVERCHOSEN in the same way as a LORD-CELESTANT ON DRACOTH, implying there could be a different version on the way... 🤔

What would that be?

Archaon the neverchosen😂?

• Haha 1

Archaon on foot would be my favorite AoS hero release in years. 

I have the current model for around two years in my closet along with the rest of my backlog of Tzeentch, Nurgle, Khorne, Legions of Nagash, Flesh Eater Courts, Slaves to Darkness, Seraphon and Middle Earth. I dread assembling it, finding room to safely store it  after assembly, and painting it.

An Archaon on foot would be exactly what my hobby needs, easier to paint, store and transport, with the added bonus of having a proper Dark Lord Sauron version in Age of Sigmar, marching with the hordes of chaos to battle. (Not to mention he would cost less in points and be able to use him in smaller scale games, as we have no time for 2000 point games with the people i usually play.

Edited by Infernalslayer
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Preach!

Make like @Nacnudllah and stick the proper classic Brian Nelson Archaon on a big enough pile of skulls to fill a 160mm base and reach the height of his successor :D 

57B3B9C9-072C-4D72-9B4A-BDB954BC8372.jpeg.c84727a1cd814067804d621fa3e91a8d.jpeg

Hahaha you, @Nacnudllahsir should have been the one to break the internet. No booty can beat this! 

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, BarfAtTheMoon said:

They  said this about bringing things outside of the new tome together in this new book, I wonder what that will mean and which factions will be affected, and if this will add some interesting "allying" options.

TEXT.PNG

Sounds like a skip for me as a matched play gamer. Other than the new endless spells forbidden power was a bit ******. Personally I wish they wouldn't spend so much time on narrative products, but I know some people love these things. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, HollowHills said:

Sounds like a skip for me as a matched play gamer. Other than the new endless spells forbidden power was a bit ******. Personally I wish they wouldn't spend so much time on narrative products, but I know some people love these things. 

Yeah for me it depends on how it's used.  I love the idea of the board having some spells already stuck on it, but I'd want a fairly balanced way to play it in matched play or something similar.  Otherwise I'll likely never get around to trying it out.

6 hours ago, KingKull said:

There is literally I could wish for more than this. Archaon has been one of my favorite characters ever since I got into warhammer as a kid some 13 years ago (and I wasn't even playing WoC back then) and I'd love to play him, but in no way can I stomach the new Dorghar. 

Agreed. I want to like the Archaon model but Dorghar is so goofy, especially with the 3 heads.

• Like 1

Thank goodness Slaanesh didn't give us a questionable 4th "head" then. 😛

But otherwise I love the new model. Won't complain for a foot one though to help smaller games ala Morathi.

Just now, willange said:

The fact that Kharadron Overlords don't have a mercenary company is a crime.

One step at a time. I'm just happy for the opened up Fyreslayers options.

Also really looking forward to more siege stuff. Dreadhold battletome's were great so more like that would be ace.

Kind of a lack of information right now about the book but I am very  interested in Wraith of the Everchosen for lore reason 

probably have to wait for the "Why you should buy it" article from the community first to see what really up with the book

The Mortal Realms magazine has FEC as part of the premium subscription, one of the models included appears to be the Abhorrent Archregent. None of the other premium parts include anything exclusive so I am wondering if this means that this model should be available to buy pretty soon. It comes with delivery 5 so that is, May I think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

My local store owner hadn't seen the New Year's reveals when I stopped in the day after to ask about it, but he did say releases are usually ~3mo after model reveals. Since we only got concept art........ hopefully the models are shown in February so we can get our hands on these light aelves in time for the sun's return to the Northern Hemisphere.

27 minutes ago, willange said:

Do we think "Pointy Aelves" will include any older models (not talking squatted ones, just current ones)?  Bonereapers included Morghasts so I'm wondering if Pointy Aelves might include Phoenix Temple or something. 

I hope so. I got a lovely Phoenix Temple army i would love to group up with the new bois

• Like 1