The Rumour Thread

I'm expecting to see more Warcry details, which is mostly a confirmation on what we already know is coming. After that AoS "proper" hasn't got any GW news right now so I'd wager we'll see a sneak peak of at least the next one, perhaps two battletomes to come. After that there's two possibliities

1) Sneak mention of the last tome

2) GW unveiling what their plans are going forward since in 3 battletomes AoS will be up and running so they'll want something in their marketing book to keep releases and content and interest in the game going strong. 

Honestly i'd also like to see GW retail releasing many of the models that so far have only been sold in battle-sets. Like the new Flesheater and Skaven leaders. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

All of a sudden I get this thought that we might see a new Warcry starter previewed in the next couple of days. Containing the last two warbands and monsters instead of Furies and angry birds.

This. Still doesn’t explain why the scions weren't allowed to play with the rest of the gang. I’m not saying there won’t be a warscroll for them online, it just bothers me to my core that its the 1 warband 😂 

• Haha 1

I don't think we'll see any more new faction info for a while. Sisters of Battle are the next big new faction release in terms of model count. Ossiarchs are also only just out the door for AoS. I'd wager we won't see a full new army until the summer period if that. At least that kind of 6month time period or so.

Of course GW doesn't have to release a new AoS army in 2020; they could doubledown and focus on updating existing forces. There's a lot of armies that would change quite drastically if GW gave them even four or five new model sets to work with. Meanwhile some others could do with updates to large legacy ranges of models. Skaven could do with a massive revamp to a lot of their range; Fyreslayers and Flesh Eaters could easily welcome a halfdozen or more kits to help them diversify and get some more unique sculpts.

4 minutes ago, Overread said:

Of course GW doesn't have to release a new AoS army in 2020; they could doubledown and focus on updating existing forces. There's a lot of armies that would change quite drastically if GW gave them even four or five new model sets to work with. Meanwhile some others could do with updates to large legacy ranges of models. 

True that. Im hoping for 2020 to contain some of this, but still I can’t figure how GW would add new units to existing factions without having to make new battletomes or the whole faction overview might get clunky very fast. 
Expansion tomes? Naah not the warhammer way right?

It would be nice with a few resin models being updated too but is it really a good deal for GW to do so? I honestly don’t know. 

Just now, Ungface said:

If you think there wont be anything new in 2020 read this again:

"There are some HUGE (some might say giant) plans for the Mortal Realms… More news soon. For now, we have to keep it hysh-hysh."

Which basically tells us nothing ;)

"Huge/Giant" things might mean a new BL novel about the Godbeasts; it might mean a new giant army; it might mean a new giant model for an existing army; it might mean a larger model. It might have no connection to the hysh hint or it could be related. Again its basically very casual marketing terms which have totally open definitions. Heck being a "big year for AoS" it could even be a "Two Headed Giant AoS Tournament event" heralding in the start of a new year and a new era as GW releases the last 2.0 battletome that brings the whole current game to the 2.0 edition. 

1 hour ago, Greasygeek said:

True that. Im hoping for 2020 to contain some of this, but still I can’t figure how GW would add new units to existing factions without having to make new battletomes or the whole faction overview might get clunky very fast. 

It would be nice with a few resin models being updated too but is it really a good deal for GW to do so? I honestly don’t know. 

they are sort of doing expansion tomes in 40k right now with both psychic awakening and the marine tomes that they released a while back.

Shadowspear release also lead to an expansion codex for CSM 

3 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

Just release a lot of new units for different armies at the same time and put them in one book/file. Like Forge Worlds Monstrous Arcanum.

• Like 1

I've had it confirmed to me that tzeentch, kharadron and a brand new army are coming early 2020. That could mean January or April for all I know. 

As a guess I think that new army will be hysh elves. 

Personally I also think there will be a seraphon update with new models, but no actual info on that. 

Lastly I expect Nurgle, DoK, Idoneth and Stormcast to be updated in 2020. Probably endless spells / scenery for all except stormcast who are due a new release. 

Edited by HollowHills
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

Lastly I expect Nurgle, DoK, Idoneth and Stormcast to be updated in 2020. Probably endless spells / scenery for all except stormcast who are due a new release. 

I would think LoN would be updated before DoK, Idoneth and Stormcast if they weren't the poster boys of AoS based simply on release order of the current battletomes. Plus there is some terminology in LoN that is still pre 2.0. However, I also wouldn't be surprised if GW started to phase out LoN since it is kind of a soup Death Faction, who knows maybe they have specific plans for Soulblight. We already have a Ghoul, Ghost and Super Skeleton faction, only thing really missing is Vampires.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HollowHills said:

I've had it confirmed to me that tzeentch, kharadron and a brand new army are coming early 2020. That could mean January or April for all I know. 

As a guess I think that new army will be hysh elves. 

Personally I also think there will be a seraphon update with new models, but no actual info on that. 

I hope that seraphon release will be something bigger than tzeenctch and kharadron... Nothing personal, but I think they deserve it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BaylorCorvette said:

I would think LoN would be updated before DoK, Idoneth and Stormcast if they weren't the poster boys of AoS based simply on release order of the current battletomes. Plus there is some terminology in LoN that is still pre 2.0. However, I also wouldn't be surprised if GW started to phase out LoN since it is kind of a soup Death Faction, who knows maybe they have specific plans for Soulblight. We already have a Ghoul, Ghost and Super Skeleton faction, only thing really missing is Vampires.

You forgot Deathwalkers. I want my Necromancer zombie-mech riders from Soul Wars and the Lady of All Flesh too

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Raviv said:

I think it's time for Sigmar to open another chamber 😀

Probably in Q2, after the rest of the armies are updated to AoS2.

This is the last thing we need.

Stormcast already have 30x units then all of the other factions together.

99% of the AOS players would be thankful if the Stormcast don't get anything new for the next 10 years. Just updating the books for the other factions is not cutting it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1